• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard makes millions in a fairly short time

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just love the Thanksgiving Giant Turkey spawn. As an (almost) solo Bard, I'm on-track to make somewhere between $37 and $70 MILLION ( depending on just how many Cornucopias I can sell at $80k/ea ). I'll make $37 million even if I don't sell a single Cornucopia, but I know I will sell a bunch of them - since they are just cool... :)

Let me walk you thru the details....

Last year I didn't bother to keep track of anything (but I made a lot of gold), so this year I decided to keep track of my Giant Turkey kills, maps collected, as well as Cornucopias, Plucked Turkeys and Harrows dropped. My data is pretty darn good, and next year it will be even better.

If you want to maximize your Bard profits during the Giant Turkey season, you'll need your Bard to have the following:
Provo 120 - Disco 120 - Music 120 (and you'll want to have Exceptional instruments and the Bird Slayer Talisman).
***NOTE***: I said MAXIMIZE your profits. You can get by with less, but it will "cost" you in birds killed per unit of time.
My Bard carries all of these and STILL he fails on provokes about 10% of the time (he NEVER fails Disco at 120 so you might be able to do with less there).

The method is quite simple and I'll get to it in a minute ( complete with screenshots ).

First, here is my data from the Giant Turkey "season" that just ended:

Giant Turkeys Killed: 1630 ( very close "estimate" )
Maps (Nests) done: 900 ( exact figure ).
Cornucopias dropped: 425
Plucked Turkeys dropped: 17
Harrows dropped: 4
Given the data above and selling the items on Pacific shard, I'm on track to make some serious millions. Here's how it breaks down - profit wise: ( Keep in mind my sample size is pretty much "statistically significant" given the 1630 turkeys killed and 900 nests done ).

Gold from nests alone ( Nests have an average of just under $4100 gold each - from 100 samples ) = $3,690,000
Gold from Plucked Turkeys sold ( @ 1.5mill/ea on Pacific) = $25,500,000
Gold from Harrows sold ( @ 2mill/ea on Pacific) = $8,000,000
Gold from 425 Cornucopia's sold (and these will take a while to sell, but they WILL sell @ $80,000 ea) = $34,000,000
Now, here's my method:

First, in order to MAXIMIZE the number of Giant Turkeys that you can kill per hour - you'll need a "helper" to keep your Turkey "population" up. What I mean by that is this: I haven't seen any place where more than about 6 to 8 Turkeys spawn within a couple of screens. In order to have 7 to 8 Turkeys barded at the same time, you'll need to find a place where 2 separate Turkey "spawns" are within about 5 or so "screens". This way your "helper" can keep "dragging" Turkeys to you to add to the currently barded pack. These areas DO EXIST, but I'll leave it to you to find out where. ( Start next season by running around Brittania until you find one of many places where these conditions exist. Besides - you'll get to see parts of Brittania that you haven't been to in a while, I bet... :) )

When you see my pics in the next post below, you'll see what I mean....

The real "key" (besides having a constant spawn/drag of sufficient Turkeys) is getting the "timing" down regarding the disco's and provo's. I try to keep 7 Turkeys constantly attacking the 8th which has been disco'd. The tricky part is keeping the "flock" from dispursing once that 8th Turkey drops. To do this, you'll need to start provo'ing all on the next Turkey BEFORE the current one is dead - when the 8th one has about 10-15% health left. You'll also learn to provo a couple in the middle on each other (just to keep them from wandering away when the 8th dies) whenever you have one of those 10% "fails to provoke".

See images below....

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and yes, as shown above ^^^ - you'll need to run a 2nd instance of the client for your helper... (In case that isn't obvious)...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats exactly what i do when im farming turkeys.
except my 'helper' i have him drop a couple poison fields whenever he runs by, kills the turkeys faster and also DOUBLES my drop rate as he gets a map or whatever spawns that time as well.

its actually pretty cool that we do the exact same thing.

and to think, i just dropped 120 of the cornucopia things into the garbage 2 days ago, haha, ah well, they give points.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Oh, and yes, as shown above ^^^ - you'll need to run a 2nd instance of the client for your helper... (In case that isn't obvious)...
or have a 2nd comp.
or a laptop.
just to be legal.

:lick:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
except my 'helper' i have him drop a couple poison fields whenever he runs by, kills the turkeys faster and also DOUBLES my drop rate as he gets a map or whatever spawns that time as well.
What a GREAT idea, the poison fields... I'll be sure to incorporate that next year. And interestingly enough, my "helper" got maps/pieces of maps/and even a couple of Cornucopia drops just for "dragging" Turkeys to my area. And she never cast or hit anything (other than simply targeting them in war mode to get them to follow her)...

But for sure, she'll be more "involved" next year...

:D

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya im not sure if they have some sort of passive healing or something, or if it was just me wishing, but having them poisoned sure seemed like it was going faster.

oh, and of course, drop the nox field and get off screen

cause they pull ya in
*cold shiver*