• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Barbed vs Valorite Reforging Weight?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all,
I'm looking to reforge some gloves for my dexxer and since I've already hit my lmc goal for the suit I'm thinking metal armor for the stamina loss reduction. My question is: on average will a valorite hammer give higher overall weight than a barbed kit? I'll be using powerful reforging with sublime & inspired for two names and I'm looking to get the highest number/intensity of properties possible. Thanks!

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would use valorite runic, since i prefer valorite enchance more than barbed leather (more resists) and iron have more base resists

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can hit the resists I need using either leather or metal. I'm going for an uber suit and I know I can roll the specific properties I need on this piece without too much trouble. I'm trying to squeeze as much extra on this piece as possible, so I'm wondering if a valorite hammer will give me a better chance of overcapping the weight than a barbed kit. :)

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as far as i remember are the same, but i recomend you then platemail because of stam damage reduction

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If an elf, go with WOODLAND, reforge with Heartwood (same intensity as Val and Barbed). Then you get the guranteed extra property from enhancing with heartwood.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'm looking to get the highest number/intensity of properties possible. Thanks!
If this is true... then woodland. If you consider "stamina loss protection" a psuedo property, then you can take that into account too, by somehow assigning a psuedo weight to it, etc.

I've yet to see this properly quantified I tried (by wearing various suits and taking damage etc) and the result was in-conclusive, at best - plate > studded > leather, but it seemed to be somewhat random within the range, with at least some amount of overlap.

I will say that I notice a difference between wearing a full studded suit vs a full plate suit when fighting UEVs - which are a good case study because, well you just stand there beating on each other for a while, they hit reasonably hard, but not too hard, and you have the time to pay attention to such things.

I am not sure, however, that you'd notice a difference between 4x studded + 1 plate vs 1 more studded vs leather/woodland. For instance, no matter what pair of gloves you pick here, if you're going to fight things that can consistently do > 20 damage with a single hit, you still need to run HSL on the weapon.

I know I didn't notice any meaningful difference in stam loss when I swapped from a studded to a plate gorgot moving from 5x studded + glasses to 4x studded + 1 plate + glasses.