• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bank Deco Entry

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What with the extension on the time and all for it...thought id give it a shot...

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very nice design Norrar. I like the Moongate for ease of getting to Britain. Is the Ankh there to ress players or is it pure decoration? Same with the hitching posts, are you hoping for a built in stabling system?

S

Solomon Wright

Very clean and simple. Well done, my friend.

-Solomon Wright, Sosarian Monk

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, the ankh could be used for both deco and rezzing, along with the stables being used for stabling and deco.

The book near the ankh, would be nice if when highlighted it said "Dedicated to the heroes of Brittania, who gave their lives in its defense" Or something like that.

And the book on the pedestal could say something along the lines of, "United by Virtue, we all stand together" Or once again, something like that.

C

Corvak

I like the idea of adding 'services' to the bank - like a public forge, or a stable. It would really promote people using the place again, and get everyone out of luna.

I want to bank in brit again, like old times :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of adding 'services' to the bank - like a public forge, or a stable. It would really promote people using the place again, and get everyone out of luna.

I want to bank in brit again, like old times :)
If the hitching post was like an access portal for the stables....that would be excellent.

Perhaps the bank hitching post could rez dead mounts. Not all pets..just mounts so a paladin doesn't have to run all over looking for a tamer to rezz his swampy

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Sadly I'm horrible at decorating. I only had one little thought. But it kinda involves me knowing something. Everyone knows that Lord British died. Well...is there a grave in all of Sosaria that is marked with his name? I do know that there is a graveyard to the North of the Britainna Castle, but I never could find a stone marked: Here lies Lord British. Or maybe is there a mausoleum with his tomb in there?

And I do like your design of the bank. :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, I spontaneously decided to participate in the contest, and I just sent them my design. Should da bank some day carry a label with "Hawkeye Pike" engraved on it, be sure ta carry enough gold in yer pockets ta pay all da taxes! Har har!
;-)

Hawkeye Pike

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Sadly I'm horrible at decorating. I only had one little thought. But it kinda involves me knowing something. Everyone knows that Lord British died. Well...is there a grave in all of Sosaria that is marked with his name? I do know that there is a graveyard to the North of the Britainna Castle, but I never could find a stone marked: Here lies Lord British. Or maybe is there a mausoleum with his tomb in there?
Bob sorry to correct you but you are a little confused. Lord British is not dead but, has been ruling in absentia for many years now. You see he gave a nice speech and then entered a void to fight evil in other dimensions. He left the kingdom in the control of his closest friends while he is away and they await his return someday.

Now Lord Blackthorn, who was a close friend to Lord British, but who also was a strong supporter of Chaos is dead. Lord Blackthorn forged an alliance with various dark magics and emerged as an evil force, that was part machine and man. He was killed in an assault on the city of Yew by if I remember right Dawn. He is buried at the Castle named after him on the Fel side of the city of Britain.

Here is a article from an old BNN of Lord British's last speech at Lord Blackthorns Memorial Service you may enjoy. Lord Blackthorn Memorial Service Held by King

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord British isn't Dead...he just left EA...Someone sticks a microphone infront of his face every six months or so .....

:)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That's pretty cool lookin'
I hope they don't put a moongate on top of the bank though ;)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very cool designs. I hope this redesign contest get's people back to Brit. It deeply saddens me to see it so empty.

C

Corvak

Yeah..no offense to the vendor owners...but....Luna sucks. Sorry, but it does.

L

Lady Mystyka

What amazes me is so many people for so long have posted how Luna sucks and how they miss Brit etc etc and various times so many have tried to bring Brit back (myself included) and I guess we are the minority or something. I dropped Million dollar checks at Brit making gates to Luna and people would run in grab checks and leave to go back to Luna haha Yes, I finally gave up trying. And yes I have Luna vendor house *shrugs* I STILL miss Brit terribly. And yes I think Luna sucks also..lol Maybe, just maybe (crosses fingers) that a new deco design might inspire people to coming back if nothing else then just to look?
Good luck on your design:)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people are creatures of habit...the only thing that will kill luna bank is the same thing that killed Brit...an invasion

M

Mirage

people are creatures of habit...the only thing that will kill luna bank is the same thing that killed Brit...an invasion
I'm getting scared !! I find myself agreeing with TW again!!

Why would a Brit bank redecorated make people come back? They are in Luna supposedly because of the "convenience" factor. Brit bank will still be Brit bank....with flowers and little benches and a couple of trees. LoL.

Don't get your hopes up people...

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brit bank will still be Brit bank....with flowers and little benches and a couple of trees. LoL.
Did you say flowers and benches? OMG I would so be there. I mean Luna doesn't have flowers to look at and I do get tired of either sitting on my mount or standing in place when in Luna. A nice bench to take it easy on and some pretty flowers to admire are just the things I need to enjoy a little bit of time bank sitting.
Really I hate Luna as much as anyone else but as you said the keyword is "convenience". For the west Britain bank to be useful to the player base again it needs a close moongate, stables, healers.. etc. Lets face it Luna is like a huge mega mall where you can find anything you could want. Who wants to run all over town to get things done when you can get it all in one place. Still like small towns who have nearly been ruined by malls the bank needs to change and target a new group of people. I would say make it more RP friendly and see what happens.

M

Mirage

Did you say flowers and benches? OMG I would so be there. I mean Luna doesn't have flowers to look at and I do get tired of either sitting on my mount or standing in place when in Luna. A nice bench to take it easy on and some pretty flowers to admire are just the things I need to enjoy a little bit of time bank sitting.
Really I hate Luna as much as anyone else but as you said the keyword is "convenience". For the west Britain bank to be useful to the player base again it needs a close moongate, stables, healers.. etc. Lets face it Luna is like a huge mega mall where you can find anything you could want. Who wants to run all over town to get things done when you can get it all in one place. Still like small towns who have nearly been ruined by malls the bank needs to change and target a new group of people. I would say make it more RP friendly and see what happens.
I don't know why I am saying this again....but...I can enjoy the same convenience of Luna you do simply by recalling there when I need to. takes me two seconds...you'd be two seconds ahead of me !! WoW!

Its only a convenience to the few people who may want to craft there...not the 100 people that are stuffed in the middle of it like sardines in a can.

Bottom line is people want to be where people are. They are in Luna now...so that's where everyone wants to be. Before the invasion stuff, Britain didn't have moongates, stables, or healers and tons of people were happy in Britain....did they not know about Luna before, or did they suddenly discover the "convenience" of Luna? LoL

I'm right and you all know it!

Mir

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting scared !! I find myself agreeing with TW again!!

Why would a Brit bank redecorated make people come back? They are in Luna supposedly because of the "convenience" factor. Brit bank will still be Brit bank....with flowers and little benches and a couple of trees. LoL.

Don't get your hopes up people...
Stop that...when ever you agree with me...I have to rethink my position to make sure I am right...lol

C

Corvak

Personally, I use Haven, myself. But then that's because most of my alliance does as well.

S

Shioni

If I submit a new design id probaly just add... a mage shop, healer, moongate to public moongate, a rune libary, a blacksmith, a tailor, a tinker... thats about it ran out of the room for a stable sorry guys go to Luna for that lol

But seriously my entry was refused because of the "technical difficultly" according to what I was told. I would have sent in a second one but I couldn't get the stupid Inside to work

Even something like Great lakes transporter to the moongates would be sweet enough to bring me back to support WBB

For all you who have not been on Great lakes go to the Brit moongate and check it out its been in place for years and their Brit bank does amazing still

C

Corvak

True, but the new bank would need that to take over from luna - so you need all that stuff.

...and it wouldnt feel like a clown-car as luna does now, with everyone packed into a tiny little room. not to mention sandstone blocks is..bleh.

M

Mirage

I didn't read the rules. Are you allowed to add moon gates, shops and all that? Or just a cosmetic look?

Mir

M

Moonwynd

I didn't read the rules. Are you allowed to add moon gates, shops and all that? Or just a cosmetic look?

Mir
The contest actually ended on Feb. 1. From what I understood it was a cosmetic type design that they were looking for but without changing the walls. Hawkeye's design is pretty cool though.

Anyway, this is a pic of the design I submitted... it has a healer, a blacksmith for quick repairs, a teleporter from the first floor to the second and a platform for concerts... :hahaha: don't know why you would want a platform for concerts in Brit but I'm a musician in RL so go figure :cool: ..oh, yea, a stabling area in the back and an arcane circle.