• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bandaid issue.. help?

Nephrenia

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is going to sound odd, but I'm hoping maybe someone out there has experienced this.

UO isn't recognizing bandaids on one of my characters. I can double click my aids and target myself (or someone else), but I can't use the 'bandaid self' macro through UO or UOA. the macro keys aren't assigned elsewhere, I've tested it with regular bandaids, oil cloth bandaids, enhanced bandaids, dyed bandaids, you name it. I've tested it with different keys.. still nothing.

any one have any suggestions before I page a gm for a bugged character? (my other chars are fine)

T

Tycolby

I believe you must first make a macro like this

Toggle target system on/off

Once you toggle it on then just go back and delete it.
Then you should be able to bandaid self

The macro is towards the bottom of the list

Nephrenia

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tycolby.. that wasn't it either..

although with a fresh head I did figure it out. and I feel pretty silly for being such a noob.

thanks for your help. :)

T

T_Amon_from_work

okay ... spill it. How noobish was it? I was thinking resource counting was the fault.

Nephrenia

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
t'amon - you miiiight be right... if I was willing to admit that noob mistake. ;)

the saddest part was I logged out, restarted windows, tried different bandaids, you name it... and throughout all of that, I never re-opened my backpack or counted resources. how incredibly sad. lol

T

Tycolby

Hmmmmm what the heck is counted resources? Is that like the Keg bug when using kegs to cure plants and the weight doesnt change on the keg until you fill a bottle up?

T

T_Amon_from_work

<laughs> I have done that so many times I put a big not on my hutch just above LOS to the monitor. Text: COUNT RESOURCES, YA BIG APE!

Bold, 24 point font on 8-1/2 x 11 landscape. Funny thing, I now count resources! <shrug>

Nephrenia

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tycolby - there's a button in UOA that literally says 'count resources'. it basically tells UO to recount everything in your pack.

the UO way to do it is just reopen your backpack. *slaps forehead*

t-amon - I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

C

CanadianTemplar

Couldn't you just grab a bandaid from the bathroom, rip open, and apply? How is that so hard Neph??? :p

T

T_Amon_from_work

Besides that button, the hotkey is NUM LOCK. Hit it once you're logged in, when finsihed, hit it again to get back to original state.

And we 2 are not the only ones ... just the only ones to admit it! Take care.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, if you use the reversed bandages from some of the bandage summoning talismans, you need to set up a different macro for them (use item type, then last target or targeting yourself) to use them - neither pre-built bandage macro (UO or UOA) will pick them up as bandages.