• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bandage Self and EquipLast Macro

A

Adder_Atl

Title should be EquipLast Weapon

I don't see these available in the actions list.

Are we able to make a macro for them anywhere?

TIA

C

Cloak&Dagger

You can, bind the bandages to a key and use the target stored option.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are two ways to make a bandage self macro:

Legacy Targeting: Create Macro - Use Bandages (drag them into the open slot) - target cursor self

SA Targeting: Drag bandages into an open hotkey slot, right click and set target as self.

NOTE: There is a KNOWN issue with this macro in Legacy Targetting having a delay it should not have. Billy Teng is working on tracking down the problem and resolving it.

Regarding equip last ... there is no way to make a macro that behaves like this (trust me, I tried, cried, whined, and still pancake and moan that it doesnt exist). However, you can do something that - if you dont mind using multiple keys and/or single-click on a macro - works well and is more diverse.

Currently, you have to do this BEFORE setting up a dress macro, as there is a bug. Go to Macros - Equip and drag one weapon into the slot. Now drag that to a box. When you hit it, it will automatically unequip the weapon you have and equip the selected weapon. Completely seamlessly and with zero delay. You have to make an individual Equip macro for each weapon or spellbook (that is the sucky part).

I still DESPERATELY want a macro that functions like EquipLast, and feel like the alternate is a mere shadow of it functionality - mainly because it takes more keys to make up the same function, and you cannot currently set the weapon in question as the Macro Icon - but at the same time, the alternate way does have useful function.

T

TheGrayGhost

There are two ways to make a bandage self macro:

Legacy Targeting: Create Macro - Use Bandages (drag them into the open slot) - target cursor self

SA Targeting: Drag bandages into an open hotkey slot, right click and set target as self.

NOTE: There is a KNOWN issue with this macro in Legacy Targetting having a delay it should not have. Billy Teng is working on tracking down the problem and resolving it.

Regarding equip last ... there is no way to make a macro that behaves like this (trust me, I tried, cried, whined, and still pancake and moan that it doesnt exist). However, you can do something that - if you dont mind using multiple keys and/or single-click on a macro - works well and is more diverse.

Currently, you have to do this BEFORE setting up a dress macro, as there is a bug. Go to Macros - Equip and drag one weapon into the slot. Now drag that to a box. When you hit it, it will automatically unequip the weapon you have and equip the selected weapon. Completely seamlessly and with zero delay. You have to make an individual Equip macro for each weapon or spellbook (that is the sucky part).

I still DESPERATELY want a macro that functions like EquipLast, and feel like the alternate is a mere shadow of it functionality - mainly because it takes more keys to make up the same function, and you cannot currently set the weapon in question as the Macro Icon - but at the same time, the alternate way does have useful function.
Not sure if you tried it yet but there's an Arm/Disarm command. It pretty much acts like equip last. It equips the last weapon you had in your hand.

For bandages, theres a few ways to set that up. Don't even need a macro for it. Put the bandages on your hotbar and right click them. This brings up a gump, at the bottom is target. You can select self, cursor, current or Store (which gives you a cursor to select the target you want to be stored as the item/actions/macro's target). I have on one bar bandages that target me, another bar to the left one that gives me a cursor and then I have a macro which uses a bandage on me every 4 seconds and does this about 20 times and then repeats 10 times. It will interupt if you cast a spell or use a special or even check your inventory but I have it bound to spacebar so it starts right back up the second I hit it lol. I have a macro for cross healing as well. It only has one bandage slot and a shorter delay at the end so I can select store target for whom ever I am cross healing with, it's set to repeat 10 times and I have it assigned to my 4th mouse button.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if you tried it yet but there's an Arm/Disarm command. It pretty much acts like equip last. It equips the last weapon you had in your hand.
I hate to tell you, but the arm/disarm works NOTHING like the equip last macro. EquipLastWeap will actually switch between two pre-determined weapons, not just disarm/arm. There is no equilivent in SA (or KR) ... even confirmed for me from a Developer.

Also, if you notice, I stated the two ways to do a bandage self. Yes, you can do as you state, and make a long, detailed macro if you want. But it is still a variation of the ways I stated. Legacy Targeting is DEFAULT, so when you tell people to do the click and set target thing, you need to make sure you specify that they have to turn Legacy Targeting OFF to do that.

T

TheGrayGhost

I hate to tell you, but the arm/disarm works NOTHING like the equip last macro. EquipLastWeap will actually switch between two pre-determined weapons, not just disarm/arm. There is no equilivent in SA (or KR) ... even confirmed for me from a Developer.

Also, if you notice, I stated the two ways to do a bandage self. Yes, you can do as you state, and make a long, detailed macro if you want. But it is still a variation of the ways I stated. Legacy Targeting is DEFAULT, so when you tell people to do the click and set target thing, you need to make sure you specify that they have to turn Legacy Targeting OFF to do that.
Keep forgetting legacy targeting is default, I turned that off as soon as I got in game. To use to KR. And yeah, arm/disarm isn't exactly like equip last was just saying it is somewhat similar. If you're just wanting to switch between weapons then the actions you already pointed out are a ok substitutes. If it was just to re-arm after a disarm then Arm/Disarm works. As far as labling them, I make a macro and use an icon that represents the weapon type and name it the weapon.

I know it isn't exactly what most are looking for, but was just offering some suggestions.

I do miss KR's slayer Icons in it's macro system, was hoping they would expand on the icons and etc instead of reducing them.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am really hoping that at some point they will allow items to be used for macro icons. I always get frustrated making a bandage self macro in Legacy Targeting because there is nothing (other that a magery heal icon) that is truly representative. Not only that, but you lose the bandage timer, which I am solidly addicted to from using UOA for years ...

What would be REALLY cool would be a macro that could be bound on a single key that would toggle thru equipping all weapons in your pack. I use the equiplast for quick weapon switching, but even for a single champ spawn (example) I have to reset the weapons at least one time to reflect what I need at that level (always one to PvP, one to PvM lol). I actually carry 4-5 weapons, all of which I use regularly.

T

TheGrayGhost

I am really hoping that at some point they will allow items to be used for macro icons. I always get frustrated making a bandage self macro in Legacy Targeting because there is nothing (other that a magery heal icon) that is truly representative. Not only that, but you lose the bandage timer, which I am solidly addicted to from using UOA for years ...

What would be REALLY cool would be a macro that could be bound on a single key that would toggle thru equipping all weapons in your pack. I use the equiplast for quick weapon switching, but even for a single champ spawn (example) I have to reset the weapons at least one time to reflect what I need at that level (always one to PvP, one to PvM lol). I actually carry 4-5 weapons, all of which I use regularly.
Yeah I can agree with you there. One thing you can do though if you're use to UOA, make a bar and put it at the top of your screen. Keep bandages in one slot just so you can see how many there are left and it has the timer on it. I've some people put regs up top to see how many are left etc. Not the greatest way but it is a work around lol.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do miss KR's slayer Icons in it's macro system, was hoping they would expand on the icons and etc instead of reducing them.
I think these icons were ones the Modders put in, KR default had no 'slayer' icons :)

As for the OP try the macros on here SA Client User Guide - Macros

Read 'setting targets' and try the sample macros:

Healing Self with Bandages/Spells
Un-equip/Re-equip

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I can agree with you there. One thing you can do though if you're use to UOA, make a bar and put it at the top of your screen. Keep bandages in one slot just so you can see how many there are left and it has the timer on it. I've some people put regs up top to see how many are left etc. Not the greatest way but it is a work around lol.
Lol ... This is exactly what I do ... I put it right after my dex tracker, which is where it shows up with UOA (I have always used Numerical, rather than Graphical displays for UOA).

A

Ash

I think these icons were ones the Modders put in, KR default had no 'slayer' icons :)
Yep just decided going to make some label icons for my suits too.

As for the Equip Last.. I will have to find my notes, but I did find a way to build a macro to toggle between two weapons, but it still wasn't 100% like the EquipLastWeapon of 2D, but it was very close.

B

Bullet

You would think they would want the new client to be accepted. It would help alot if they would just post do this and this to make this macro. To not do this makes things very frustrating and time consuming to figure out what works and what doesnt. After all do they want us to figure out how the macro system works or do they want us to play the game!

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go to spellweave.com and try the userguides there. Once you make a couple, you will get the hang of it and it will be no problem.

I'd advise anyone trying out the client to give it a serious go as the exclusive client for about a month. I'd bet after that you have a hard time going back.