• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ball park pricing for pets nowadays ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it depends whether they are trained or not and what their stats and skills are, but is it possible, at least roughly, to have a range ball park pricing for the pets which still have a market like the Greater Dragon, the fire Beetle etc ?

Also, it is very unfortunate that the new Global Vendor Search does not include resources and pets vendors.....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot depends on the vendor. I stock a stall for non-tamers, most of them are newer players. I therefore set my prices according to my level of difficulty in catching them. Horse equivelants, ie ostards, llamas, ridgebacks are 600gp.
Beyond those things get a bit hazy. For example my swamp dragons are 3k, but a stall not far away prices them at 20k. My fire beetles are 20k, but another stall prices them at 45k.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I look at the vendors on my shard, see what stats the pets have and approximate prices that others are using. You can also look on the trade forums, especially if you're wanting prices for the top end pets or to see how much customers are prepared to pay. Trained or untrained makes a difference as well as the stats. If you sell coloured pets like cu sidhe then you'll also want to figure in the colour of the pet when you set prices. The price you set after that is up to you. You may find the higher prices leave you with slow sales and higher vendor fees, where a slight drop can give you steady sales and profit.

Wenchy

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about hunting pets like Greater Dragons ? Lik a good Dragon around a 4ish rating how much could it be worth?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The skills have a big factor to play also. I paid about 20m for a nice 4.2 GD with 125 wrestle and high physical resist. I've seen some GDs with 4x skills at over 120 and these cost a lot of gold. SoulWeaver have a monster one I saw Luna the other day.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll generally sell a trained 4.0 rated gdrag for a minimum of 7 million on Great Lakes. The price goes up from there based on stats and skills. PVPer's love drags with resist spell over 120, so they'll pay more for those. High wrestle is also favored. A lot will depend on your shard. I could sell mine for more on Atlantic, but I couldn't get nearly as much on Lake Austin. It's supply and demand...