• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bake Kitsune

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have a Bake Kitsune that is sweet?
Mind sharing the stats with me?
And how long it took you to find it?
And where the best Bake spawn is?

I walked around Tokuno a lot and i see them a lot of places but I'm sure there's a tactic down that I'm missing

Thanks for any help
- James

B

Boogieman

I recently tamed one that replaced my previous bake. It's not record breaking in any sense, but I'm sure it will do:
Hits: 316
Stamina: 145 (max)
Str: 187 (below average)

Phys: 60 (max)
Fire: 90 (max)
Cold: 56
Poison: 54
Energy: 57

Overall resist rating: 79% of max

So below average stats overall, but I like the max stamina. I also like the 60 phys and 90 fire resist and the rest are above average.
I did take me a while to find the two I have now, but they are no where near perfect. To get a say 90% bake you'd have to put in days and days of taming.

I usually work the western perimeter of the forest called Kitsune woods. I hardly ever run into ninjas there - they are just a pain when you want to tame something.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lure away your best find, invis yourself, wailt for 2-5 minutes til it morph to human form. Tame! In human form it won't cast too much.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is the best I've ever found. One of my best pets all round. All you can do is keep loring and killing until you find one you like. Make sure you have their max and min stats nearby so you know what you are looking for.

Lure away your best find, invis yourself, wailt for 2-5 minutes til it morph to human form. Tame! In human form it won't cast too much.
Personally, if you have a high level mage-tamer, or a peace-tamer, it is a waste of time to wait for them to go human. I would only do that if your character skills are fairly low and taming it is a real challenge for you. If you are a mage-tamer with high eval int these can be safely para-tamed, as none of their skills will be higher than GM after taming.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even bother para taming them. I just get invis ready and walk up and drop it on myself. I start the tame attempt and get another invis to drop on me when it retargets me.

Usually I take one of my bonded kitsune down and let it kill the wild ones until I find one I want to tame. Sometimes this takes many hours. I'm usually rather picky on my foxes but I get a really nice one every now and then. I'm still looking for that perfect one.

Here are two of my favorites. Inari there was tamed by a necro friend a long while back. He gave it to me instead of taking it out for hunting death when I lored it.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of making a new thread i thought it would be better to ask here. What is best to pair with them? Or do you pair them up together? My Brother and i are considering duel taming and i'd be interested if anybody else does this.

Thank you!
- James

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a really easy safe way of taming kits, I tried it today just to see and it works really well.

When you find a good kit, lead it to a decentish taming spot.

Go tame a gaman and bring it over. I dropped an EV on the kit to lower it's health because I was expecting the gaman to be cooked n crispy otherwise. You could use a nightmare to beat it down instead, I just wanted to see if the gaman could handle it.

The gaman was set to stop/follow me, and when I dispelled the EV I let the kit see the gaman and attack it.

Vet the gaman and tame away - it's too busy eating gaman to notice.

I just wish I'd known before I tamed umpteen pairs for my baby tamers lol!

As for pairing up for hunting, I've used everything in the stables at one time or another. 2 kits leave you a mount slot, a runey/kit combo is good and mares work well too. I tend to look at the strengths and weaknesses of what I'm fighting and choose a pet that's going to resist the monster damage best and hits hardest at their weak point. Hope that makes sense!

Wenchy

J

[JD]

Kitsune are great... all the while you train taming, you're taming useless boring stuff (except maybe Boura, if you were lucky enough to have SA).. suddenly in early 80s skill you get to tame magical casting Bake. I remember how excited I was when I gained my last .1 to make it 1% possible to tame.

I initially started taming gaman and sicking it on bake, releasing so the bake would get low health then tame...

But I discovered an easier way where the bake wont even attack me through using invisibility to wipe aggro. I can basically walk to up a bake and chain tame until success without it ever attacking. This works to some degree on other monsters but it works quite well on Bake. Bake make 2 barks, an "OK" bark and a "No" or a "I'm gonna kill you" bark. Just have invis precast and when you hear the "I'm gonna kill you" bark (roughly every 4 seconds when you are visible to it and it's untamed), invis yourself.

I would assume if you had a Dread Warhorse that would be good to pair with Bake, not sure what else. I have a beetle/mare right now and nothing else I've had comes close to the dmg output as long as they dont need to tank...

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tamed a nice one

315 HP
204 STR
144 DEX
404 INT
60/86/58/53/60

The stats could be better but it has hight dex and the resist are very good so I'm quite happy.

I wanted one to use with my rune against mobs who make high fire damage so it can tank instead of the rune.

But I'll probably try too with a WW.
I think it can be a good combo because most mobs who make fire damage are also resistant to it but weak against cold. So the bake can tank as it resists well against fire and the WW will bring cold damage to the mix :)

C

Celle

I just recently tamed a BK, and found it absolutely adorable...

Just wish we can ride on them!!! T_T

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always pictured tanks as either cus or some form of dragon. I had no idea bakes had sufficient enough hit points to tank. I find that insane lol.

The tactics sound kinda fun also.

If two tamers were going to pair up, which combo would you use for pets?

I'm going Tamer/Archer and my brother is going Tamer/Mage/Weaver

I figured if i'm doing alot of damage and i have 2 bakes thats 3 damage givers and my brother can have a cu or greater tank and he can heal and cast. I'll have at least 90 vet to make sure i never fail at applying. but my template would be geared for damage output.

Is this combination a good one for most spawns?

Thanks for the help!
- James

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I always pictured tanks as either cus or some form of dragon. I had no idea bakes had sufficient enough hit points to tank. I find that insane lol.

The tactics sound kinda fun also.

If two tamers were going to pair up, which combo would you use for pets?

I'm going Tamer/Archer and my brother is going Tamer/Mage/Weaver

I figured if i'm doing alot of damage and i have 2 bakes thats 3 damage givers and my brother can have a cu or greater tank and he can heal and cast. I'll have at least 90 vet to make sure i never fail at applying. but my template would be geared for damage output.

Is this combination a good one for most spawns?

Thanks for the help!
- James
If you are going to play a ninja stealth archer, go with the bake and rune beetle. It's a devastating combo. But for spawns I'd use a greater dragon, a beetle and bake will get overwhelmed by spawn pretty quickly. For the tamer/mage/weaver, I'd go with nightmare and rune beetle for mobility, but for spawns I'd go with a dread warhorse. Again, runes are insane with the damage output, but can be hard to keep alive in a heavy, high end spawn.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are dreads difficult to purchase? I've pmed some people but nobody seems to have any on Catskills. I probably don't have enough money right now but I'd work hard for one.

I was saying above that if 2 tamers went together what combo of pets would work. So we could do 2 greaters if we wanted i just don't find that practical

Thank you!
James

T

Tarewin

To answer your combo question, me and a friend of mine do the same thing. Only difference is it's a tamer/mage/weaver and a bard tamer. Have the mage use a G-dragon or a Cu, which every they prefer to tank with. And have you as an archer with a Rune beetle / Bake. This gives you the magic dmg of the Bake, with the poison, armor corruption and magic of the beetle on top of your archery.

Only down side will be you have no way to run fast unless you can use ninja forms, so if you need a quick get away, better hope your pets save you.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I discovered an easier way where the bake wont even attack me through using invisibility to wipe aggro. I can basically walk to up a bake and chain tame until success without it ever attacking. This works to some degree on other monsters but it works quite well on Bake. Bake make 2 barks, an "OK" bark and a "No" or a "I'm gonna kill you" bark. Just have invis precast and when you hear the "I'm gonna kill you" bark (roughly every 4 seconds when you are visible to it and it's untamed), invis yourself.

I would assume if you had a Dread Warhorse that would be good to pair with Bake, not sure what else. I have a beetle/mare right now and nothing else I've had comes close to the dmg output as long as they dont need to tank...
Aye, invis taming makes everything easy up to greater drags, which is why why I never use honor :) Invis taming was my old method for taming kits but I found the gaman thing very good from a newbie taming safely perspective.

If I'd had time I'd have tried without the EV, but I used to beat kits down with them pre taming so I didn't think to use the gaman. No offense to gaman but the git looked too fat to fight lol.

I will say one thing though, don't let a monk on screen when you've got a wild kit around or you'll soon have a dead kit. I figure most experienced kit tamers already learned this the hard way, but you really don't want to try taming in that nice garden area, monks attack kitsune on sight. In fact they'd probably work the spawn for you if you just stealth herded a pack of kits over and drink some coffee :D

Wenchy

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Are dreads difficult to purchase? I've pmed some people but nobody seems to have any on Catskills. I probably don't have enough money right now but I'd work hard for one.

I was saying above that if 2 tamers went together what combo of pets would work. So we could do 2 greaters if we wanted i just don't find that practical

Thank you!
James
Dread war horses are very expensive, if you can find one for sale - anywhere from 20 mil to 70 mil, depending on the quality. I had someone offer me 70 mil for the one I use, of course even if I was willing to sell it, it isn't mine to sell.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To answer your combo question, me and a friend of mine do the same thing. Only difference is it's a tamer/mage/weaver and a bard tamer. Have the mage use a G-dragon or a Cu, which every they prefer to tank with. And have you as an archer with a Rune beetle / Bake. This gives you the magic dmg of the Bake, with the poison, armor corruption and magic of the beetle on top of your archery.

Only down side will be you have no way to run fast unless you can use ninja forms, so if you need a quick get away, better hope your pets save you.
Thank you that works, I'd assume letting him (my brother) use the full 5 slots like having a bake and beetle, he's less likely to be attacked sitting back and healing. I would probably opt for the cu if it could handle tanking so i could ride something, i like having the freedom of running around.

Also my brother has played more and doesn't get upset if he dies, so i volunteer him.

Thank you everyone!

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread war horses are very expensive, if you can find one for sale - anywhere from 20 mil to 70 mil, depending on the quality. I had someone offer me 70 mil for the one I use, of course even if I was willing to sell it, it isn't mine to sell.
Damn well it sounds like i have some time before I'll be able to get one.
Thank you for the info!

- James

T

Tarewin

Only problem with not giving the mage the tank pet I've found is on Peerless and the like, you're more often than not mage healing so you don't get AoE'ed.

That being said this is UO, if you try hard enough you can make it work however the hell you please =p

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've moved the PvP template discussion to another thread, as this discussion went off target.

Sorry I didn't think to do that sooner hehe.

Wenchy

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok, I've moved the PvP template discussion to another thread, as this discussion went off target.

Sorry I didn't think to do that sooner hehe.

Wenchy
Sorry, that was my fault. The original topic looked like it was over so I jumped in so I could quote from an earlier post in there on templates.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No worries at all, just thought both threads would get more input by being separated :)

Wenchy