• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Baja's Oldest Guilds (Still Active)???

I

Ivan - MT

That was once true Nok, but Waldo stole all your sake long ago...hehe Last time we saw him he was drunk and running around Ogre Island in Despise.:pint:

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see H2O all the time...Luna bank (when I'm there, i dont go much), mel, heck I've seen an H2O person while at brit bank which barely anyone goes too anymore =(
Hard to mention the "various incarnations of the Cartel" without mentioning our fellow PvP guild H20.

They're definitely still around, and are quite active.

For the record, we've gone back to the original name, just El Cartel.

I know they're not still active, but anyone remember CoJ? I was in that for a little bit, but I can't for the life of me remember what it stood for. Circle of Justice, or something to that tune. Spent a lot of time fighting against LoD.

Also, what about M&D? Mean and Dirty? They ruled factions for god only knows how long.

And finally, I remember when one of the biggest PvP guilds was AZN. Although they were supposedly comprised of all Asians, I seriously doubt that. My friend who introduced me to the game actually did meet the GMs of AZN, which happened to be a group of unsociable teenagers who were indeed all Asian. They only lived 30 minutes away from where I used to live.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well UTB and AFK are allied with TAA & tDw. And rumor has it that the alliance has been hoarding a secret stash of rum & sake on Marble Island. ;)

:shots:
OOOHHHH!!!! I'm telling Old Man you said where we was stashing that!!!!!!

BTW Nok, Hope to see you again next week at the townhall!!!

Oriana/K'Ehleyr/Parisa proud members of UTB/afk and allied with TAA &tDw!!

I

imported_Hazard

How'd it turn out? I missed it due to family in town.. but looks to have been a several hundred steps across the street from my friends apt.

DOH! :twak: + Nok =:gee:
Oh I'll be there! And with a carload of people too. :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAZARD!! Now thats a name I haven't seen in quite a while. The townhall was great!! Jeremy and Leurocian were there answering questions, in some cases avoiding, but with evil grins on thier faces so, IMO i think good things are coming down the line for UO.

Turnout was pretty good too, betwen WRR, Zog Cabal, and the rest of us was a good i'd say easy 50-60 people, I know mid 20ish all went too Dave and Busters afterwards, and that was mostly WRR and Stratics staffers, and Nok and then a handful of family members but our girls play not sure about Nok's girls but they seem interested anyway. It was a very late night for myself but I'd do it all over again, if for no other reason than to party and enjoy time with our great UO community.

Ori

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Hazard!

Just as Oriana said, it was good. Lots of time with the devs, talking about issues and sharing ideas. Visiting and meeting new faces and community members known online or from past town halls. Oriana & Arlon, the great Stratics & WRRAD crews, Zog Cabal, Blade Thugluv and entourage from Oregon, Jeremy & Leurocian, and a bunch of others. Going was well worth the drive. Ya our two girls enjoyed it, but only one of them plays UO... the other plays Dungeon Runners & Runescape.

Looks like quite a few people at this town hall will also be at the Seattle Town Hall too (I'll be there, already have my air tix). Are you going to be there? :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No sadly my sister will be moving about 2 weeks too late. But I'll be listening intently if WRR broadcasts. I would love to go, but too soon after school supply season, and after our trip to San Diego. Darn money!! Needs to grow on trees.

Ori

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You mean Digital Party that was ran by Moonblade. You will find some former characters of DP on the Kingdom of Dawn stone. They have a different player now. Queen Hayloh was associated with DP, but she is on a long journey and hasn't been seen in a very long time.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's wonderful to know that that some of us extremely old codgers still remember other extremely old codgers that loved to run around in superman suits :) This was way before guildstones, so guilds identified themselves by wearing certain colors.

There's also ToV (Talons of Virtue), ran around dressed in Barney purple. Was later renamed to Talons of Justice. Or maybe was it the other way around...

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to update some Stratics pages. If anyone could provide contact information for the following, I would greatly appreciate it!
Anyone associated with Avalon.
The current owner & location of Drunken Elf's library.
If any other guild would like their 'community' profile in the Stratics Baja main news section, please contact me. You can PM me here on the forums, or send on email to [email protected]
Thanks!

Hazz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to hear it! Its sounds like it might have been a step above the Playa Del Rey experience, even though it was nice seeing people and checking out their facility.

I probably won't be in Seattle, but I think they usually have some of the best up there from what I remember?

Hi Hazard!

Just as Oriana said, it was good. Lots of time with the devs, talking about issues and sharing ideas. Visiting and meeting new faces and community members known online or from past town halls. Oriana & Arlon, the great Stratics & WRRAD crews, Zog Cabal, Blade Thugluv and entourage from Oregon, Jeremy & Leurocian, and a bunch of others. Going was well worth the drive. Ya our two girls enjoyed it, but only one of them plays UO... the other plays Dungeon Runners & Runescape.

Looks like quite a few people at this town hall will also be at the Seattle Town Hall too (I'll be there, already have my air tix). Are you going to be there? :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another old guild I remember from way back ... Land's End [ZZ] ... it was always a pleasure to see the double Z guild tag. I just did a guild search, and it shows the guild has 2 members.

C

catship

M!S has been around for a bit
and i have my guild stone still
The Elks Lodge of Britania

K

Kendra_of_Umbra

Another old guild I remember from way back ... Land's End [ZZ] ... it was always a pleasure to see the double Z guild tag. I just did a guild search, and it shows the guild has 2 members.
I remember ZZ!!!
they were a good bunch of people, had some bunk people (can't remember names) but so did every guild

SpiderBall81

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was LoD and former members still play? remember fighting M&D next door the guild house?

contact me

Spiderball 81 @yahoo.com

Phantroneous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think this guild has been around in a long time... but i want to see if anyone from that time period still played it was a very long time ago....

Secret service (*)

It would be sweeet if some from way back then still played

S

Scyan

I remember a lot of the guilds mentioned here. Hi there, I have just started a new UO account today on Baja. I have not played in many years and am having a horribly difficult time trying to learn all the new ins and outs. I believe the last time I played was in 2001 or so. My old characters that I played mostly were The Pirate, Lucifer Alpha, and JOESMAMA.
I am now back using Scyan, trying to work up a mage. I have been fooling around all day in game and have only seen 2 other players besides myself.
=-(

I

Ivan - MT

I'm sure we can help answer any game related questions you may have and supply some peeps you can hang out and have fun with at the same time.

S

Scyan

sure thing! I went over to MT's site and submitted an application a few days ago. Still haven't heard anything back!
:lick:

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish to thank all who have contributed to this Topic. Ultima Online remains my favorite (and only) online game.

I remain hopeful & watchful of old timers returning and of younger folks growing old together with all of us UO friends.

An Sos

Jixxa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to update some Stratics pages. If anyone could provide contact information for the following, I would greatly appreciate it!
Anyone associated with Avalon.
The current owner & location of Drunken Elf's library.
If any other guild would like their 'community' profile in the Stratics Baja main news section, please contact me. You can PM me here on the forums, or send on email to [email protected]
Thanks!
If Haz doesn't contact you...you can get info from me...

Jixxa
Angelica

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I humbly apologize to our gracious moderators for bumping (almost posted this saying humping) an old thread; but aside from the fact thats its definately a good read, I had some things that I wanted to reply to.

Lastly, I offer this SUGGESTION/QUESTION: Shall it BENEFIT Baja to hold a GATHERING to CONSIDER & PROPOSE ways to enhance & improve our Shard and our PLAYING for as many as is possible??
Ancient Sosarian,

Are you still interested in such a gathering of friends and community? The plans for one more oriented towards roleplaying are already underway; but I would love to see some sort of general community-gathering to discuss things we can do to improve our community and ressurect the fellowship of days gone by.

The Baja Roleplayers & Event Alliance (BRPA) is a group that is trying to encourage more events and roleplaying on Baja. There was supposed to be a community-wide meeting but I don't know what happened to it.
*Smiles with that mischevious, secretive grin*

I doubt anyone remembers me but I still look around at the forums every few months, I haven't had UO on my PC in over a year (yet I keep on paying. . . ). I keep getting nostalgic, and want to come back (Especially when I hear "Vesper" or "Stones" coming out of my phone as a ringtone but then I think of all the sorting of equipment and stocking I'd have to do just to be able to step out of my house and not be mauled by an ettin

I don't suppose the extreme equipment dependency (particularly v. magic using monsters) has changed? I might just re-install anyway this weekend and look around.
Leyf, by no means have you or your friends been forgotten. *Smiles* I was actually just trotting past the Brazen Mule this last evening, curious to see if you might've returned.

The equipment dependancy is still there; but only mildly. Its not so difficult any longer to gather equipment to achieve the roleplaying outfit you so desire; and still have resists enough to gallop headlong into some champion and split their skull open. Various dyes and bleaches make it easier still; although the best fetch a pretty penny amongst the shops of Luna.

If you decide to return and need any help; just give me the heads up. *Smiles*

Don't forget Pak, they are still around, old guilds that I remember, RoR, the Lumarians and Circle of the White Raven - Ravenshire!
I am happy to know that I am not the only one who remembers Ravenshire. I was introduced to Lady Bronwyn by Dachra and Gandalf the Grey of CwR mere weeks after joining Ultima Online; and they had a profound influence on me as I learned the ins and outs of Ultima Online.

Many fond memories.

The City of Heaven's Forge is long gone, Arlon and I were the last people to become apart of that city and still remain there to this day. Mayor Darius, entrusted us with the last few houses many years ago. I still speak with him from time to time on ICQ. We have a few of his books left from his final home, locked down at our keep.

Was a sad day to see him leave.

Ori
I was actually asking Lady WildStar about Heavens Forge the other night, and she mentioned that I should contact you and Arlon about it. *Smiles*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arlon and I own the remaining few buildings that were left from the Heaven's Forge. We were part of the last vestige of Heavens Forge for sometime. We had a small home next to Darius. Darius welcomed us with the placement of our very tiny workshop and was pleased to see we were leaving a forge open to anyone that may need to use it. Sadly much of it's history is lost. I have a few items left from a few members and a few books penned by the mayor himself. I do however still have some contact with Mayor Darius I will ask him for more information. I shall try to find what information I can. I feel it is my duty to speak for this long lost city.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Smiles*

I had the opportunity to meet Mayor Darius once, a very very long time ago. It was when I was fairly new to the realm, so it would've been atleast eight years ago now.

Nonetheless, I would love to sit before the hearth and discuss the history of Heavens Forge with you and Arlon. I was never involved with the village personally; but I wish to do all in my power to preserve our shards history.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An update: well guess who I just happened to have the privileged of visiting with not long after my decree to find Darius and get information. The mayor himself is going to help me research the history and aid in anything I may need to do so. So look out gang, my small amount of knowledge is going to grow!!

TheItalian567

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Underground Knights!! (UGK) I might be the only living member, but some of us are around! here and there...

Regord of Baja does not go quietly into the night!!! .... Unless you have Candy

G

Goltana1

I didn't see anyone say...but CoJ stood for Council of Justice and they were LoD's biggest rival Pre UO:R. And LoD wasn't stomped out by M&D, Dig, they were hurt most by the guild ban from OSI. Red Tenshi was definitely LoD.

Golden Brew is the oldest guild I can remember...atleast I think thats what it was called. Old enough that they were grandfathered into not having the three letter guild abbreviation restriction.

I do remember Six saying he was in LoD, I can't say that I knew him or his character then. Was Zircon in LoD with you or something?

Archangel used to play a PK named Wyatt Earp and he was hard core.

Sup everybody long time no see

Mesdoram Elmdor/Usagi/Goltana/Celes (formerly TC, TT, and Knights of Steel)

M

Mindz

Wow, I stumbled upon these boards completely by accident but I figured I'd post a hello after seeing Six and Mes post.

Hi Guys!

I remember the old M&D factioners who were probably the oldest faction guild that I can remember even though I was only in factions for a VERY short while. I think Golden Brew is the oldest guild as well.

M

MaliceDEN

Dark Elf Nation (DEN). No longer active. Remember the good ol' days in the hedgerow maze, the spider temple and battling against the good folks alongside many friends. I really miss UO Baja. Take care.

K

Kylas

I didn't see anyone say...but CoJ stood for Council of Justice and they were LoD's biggest rival Pre UO:R. And LoD wasn't stomped out by M&D, Dig, they were hurt most by the guild ban from OSI. Red Tenshi was definitely LoD.

Archangel used to play a PK named Wyatt Earp and he was hard core.
I do agree the ban's leveled on LOD was the death blow. However LOD had been in decline for a while. We had some pretty epic LOD fights. I do miss those days, nothing got the heart pumping more then watching a gate open in front of your castle knowing what was about to pop out. I always liked Red, good player.

Wyatt Earp was indeed arch back during the brit graveyard PK days. Arch was always a hard core no excuses type of player. I always enjoyed rolling with him.

Dig

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hiya mes, definitley long time bro, hey mindz how ya doin too man. i dont get on stratics very often anymore as due to any competition we as in my guys have is either a zerg of some kind or just a huge guild coalition. its cool though:> more peeps to kill.

ya that was my first red mes, Leviathon i went red with mandalor about 2 yrs before i even met you so we talking...9 yrs ago maybe more not sure.. I actually deleted him cause of stat loss.. but anyhow...
zircon played zircon and rubber duckie aka Mr. Forsaken Soul was our 3rd:> we didnt know jack squat back then we kind of got in by accident. lol. so so so many years ago.

they thought zircon was ronald mcdonald. if ya dont know what im talkin about you aint been on baja for long enough:>

H

Hey look its me!

Just replying I dont even play anymore. I was in M!S and a few other guilds when I got bored since about 2001. Sooo I supposed that's 8 yearsish. I played an Archer named Battery and I did allright even before insane buffs. So after the buffs yeah I naturally was OK. Anyways I hope everyone, friends and enemies alike are doing well IRL. Anyways I miss my friends and everyone just take it ez.

Oh but this post was about M!S >> Old Guild .

B

Banchee

I remember being in alot of pre UO:R guilds but my favorite was Malagents with Korn as the gm (I think he was) We were all in COM and owned factions before M&D's massively long run. We defended raid after raid from the 3 factions rotating. LoD - minax, then M&D SL, then.... I can't remember the main TB guild.

K

Kylas

I remember being in alot of pre UO:R guilds but my favorite was Malagents with Korn as the gm (I think he was) We were all in COM and owned factions before M&D's massively long run. We defended raid after raid from the 3 factions rotating. LoD - minax, then M&D SL, then.... I can't remember the main TB guild.
Ah Korn.. Damn his axe!

Dig

T

Technical Itch

Ahh, good ole Baja.

I see a couple of names here I recognize. Mesdoram and Sixunder. I used to play as Mandalor until I gave my account to Adam (MiniMaj) ... that ******* sold it. I probably would have come back to play if they would have let me reactive my account.

D

Dust2Dust

Hi All!

Just thought I would pop in and say Hi! Then let the guys find and kill you

:)

:)

T

Turdnugget

Whatever happend to Mini Maj?

FYI to all those haters, this is Ashen-Shugar...I remember the majority of you PvPers... those were some good times. Mesdoram I still remember fighting a few of you outside Delucia Passage.

moonblade

Visitor
You mean Digital Party that was ran by Moonblade. You will find some former characters of DP on the Kingdom of Dawn stone. They have a different player now. Queen Hayloh was associated with DP, but she is on a long journey and hasn't been seen in a very long time.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn
Surely The Kingdom of Dawn has since fallen.

I recall the days of DP well, many whom I had as loyal friends I hope they still do well this day.

Countless wars were fought against those who would prey upon the weak. Blood red cloaks flowing across the blue tunics, ah what a sight. But all things come to an end eventually.

moonblade

Visitor
There used to be a PK guild having to do with Pumpkins? One Pk I recall was Midkemia, also there was LoD which I believe was one of the original registered ones that had splintered off into several guilds.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Independent Kingdom of Dawn is still around, DWN.

Also
The Pack PAK
H2O
Spawners Inc SI
United Tamers of Britannia UTB
Queen Shieba Alliance QSA
Mage Tower MT

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We don't have all the buildings or people that we used to, but we are still around and celebrate our anniversary in February every year.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I would say any Active Guild that still has their Guild Stone belongs here.
Defenders of the Shire was created when Homeless Ron was booted from mAn (Date ???) so we created a family only guild and we are still around sadly with only 3 active accounts (20 members).
Does anybody remember when Guild Stones stop working.