• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Baja's Oldest Guilds (Still Active)???

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Bajanians,

We may NEVER benefit from our HISTORY, should we FAIL to REMEMBER our History.

I call upon our Citizens (those who STILL play AND those who once played upon BAJA), to recount those Guilds longest running AND Still Active amongst us.

Lastly, I offer this SUGGESTION/QUESTION: Shall it BENEFIT Baja to hold a GATHERING to CONSIDER & PROPOSE ways to enhance & improve our Shard and our PLAYING for as many as is possible??

What SAY our Citizens upon these 2 ISSUES?

An SoS

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Kingdom of Dawn is still around. We started out as The Guardians of Virtue in 1997.

The Baja Roleplayers & Event Alliance (BRPA) is a group that is trying to encourage more events and roleplaying on Baja. There was supposed to be a community-wide meeting but I don't know what happened to it.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Wow,

Kingdom of Dawn kicks some arse. I still remember their guild events from a long time ago. Let's see, other guilds from the past that are still around today...? In no particular order:

Mage Tower
TAA/tDw
The various incarnations of Cartel
Kingdom of Dawn

Those are some off the top of my head. I do miss the Guilds who aren't here or perhaps aren't as active as they used to be:

The Golden Knights
TAO

I do recall the community wide meetings, which were fun and memorable.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UTB and Afk are still around. I'll have to see if I can get Old Man to post exact dates. But I know he's been around forever!!!

And TAO is still around and we're whackier than ever!! Maybe small group but we;re around!!

Ori of Afk and Ori of TAO :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TAO was formed sometime in late 2000. Had we suspected we would still be around almost 8 years later, we would have written the date down!!! As Oriana said, we are small .. always have been, always will be. And, to date, we have not had one official guild meeting. Something to be said for long-time friends who just gather up and have a good time together.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TAO was formed sometime in late 2000. Had we suspected we would still be around almost 8 years later, we would have written the date down!!! As Oriana said, we are small .. always have been, always will be. And, to date, we have not had one official guild meeting. Something to be said for long-time friends who just gather up and have a good time together.
I definitely miss the crew of TAO! It's great seeing you guys still around, and I agree, if there's a good, positive vibe going on, it can stand the test of time. How's Ancient One doing? I know he had some projects going on, but I hope he's happy and healthy. I agree that quality can be a good thing over quantity. Perfect example right here, the friendships that all of you have.

I think it's great seeing you buggers around! Cheers and sake shots all around! :thumbup1:

L

Leyf Bolden

I doubt anyone remembers me but I still look around at the forums every few months, I haven't had UO on my PC in over a year (yet I keep on paying. . . ). I keep getting nostalgic, and want to come back (Especially when I hear "Vesper" or "Stones" coming out of my phone as a ringtone :) but then I think of all the sorting of equipment and stocking I'd have to do just to be able to step out of my house and not be mauled by an ettin :(

I don't suppose the extreme equipment dependency (particularly v. magic using monsters) has changed? I might just re-install anyway this weekend and look around.

(oh yeah, and I heard there's a new client out, "Kingdom Reborn" - do I have to buy a new box for it, or can I just get by installing off one of my old disks?)

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's not forget Citizens of Avalon (CoA) and Society of Archers (S|A) either.

So far we have...

Kingdom of Dawn (DWN)
Baja Roleplayers & Event Alliance (BRPA)
The Mage Tower (MT)
United Tamers of Britannia (UTB)
[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Almost Famous Knights (afk)[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Golden Knights (TAO)
The Adeptus Astaries (TAA)
The Dark Wardens (tDw)
The various incarnations of Cartel (*insert current abbreviation here*)

There are also several other guilds that haven't been around quite as long, but a -long- time just the same.

L

Leyf Bolden

Let's not forget Citizens of Avalon (CoA) and Society of Archers (S|A) either.

So far we have...

The Golden Knights (TAO)

Nok - I could be wrong, but I think you're smushing The Golden Knights (???) together with The Ancient Order (TAO).

Leyf Bolden
Golden Knights

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leyf, Kingdom Reborn is the 3D version of the game. Personally, I can't play it, though I'd like to, because I can't even move when I log in. If you think your computer can handle it, you can get to the download page from the UO website. In the meantime, I just stick with the 9th Anniversary version of the game. Good luck if you come back. :thumbup1:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Leyf!

I remember you, man. How've you been? It's good seeing that you're up and around. I'll drink a pint of sake in your name. I'll probably suck down some sushi as well! Take care out there!

N

Nicholi

Heh, actually my guild the Fangs of Fenrir have been around since about 2001 We just never made a vast effort to recruit and run major events. We've been a smaller guild since the inception, but we're always there lurkin in the shadows of dungeon crawls. Poppin out for random healsand rez's of strangers :)

L

Leana Sidhe

I remember you Leyf and the Golden Brew !!
Don't forget Pak, they are still around, old guilds that I remember, RoR, the Lumarians and Circle of the White Raven - Ravenshire!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail All!

Oh wow, it's great seeing people representing their Guilds! I knew I forgot quite a few, and I blame my senile self. Avalon! Sheesh, I forgot the fine folks at Avalon and their kick arse town. I remember Ravenshire as well. At one point or another, I've had the pleasure and honor of running into people from the Guilds that are presented here and even those that aren't here.

Seriously, everyone needs to strip down to their knickers and run around West Brit Bank, Luna, wherever, in commemoration of these fine Guilds. Oh yes, we need to do this while inebriated with sake. A lot of sake. :shots:

Ah, good times!

F

FenrirsFangs

F^F as Nicholi mention is an older guild from 2000/2001 It's traded hands between my brother and I several times. I just wanted to mention that House of Lords HoL although a new guild technically is a splinter of F^F. Thats our new faction wing. The Guildmaster is Cromwell, True Brits.

Duke Hast Mich, Valorite Fang , Fangs of Fenrir

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dark Tower [DT] is still around. Of course, it's usually safer if one does not encounter Cymidei Fier while one is poking around the Dark Tower guild house. :stir:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dark Tower [DT] is still around. Of course, it's usually safer if one does not encounter Cymidei Fier while one is poking around the Dark Tower guild house. :stir:
Oh wow, I haven't seen Cymidei in a LONG time. I hope she's doing happy, healthy, and slightly nude. Not necessarily in that order. :thumbup:

C

Cymidei Fier

Oh wow, I haven't seen Cymidei in a LONG time. I hope she's doing happy, healthy, and slightly nude. Not necessarily in that order. :thumbup:
I am all of the above, Xel. Still playing UO almost everyday. How nude, am I and am I only slightly nude? I will leave that to the imagination.

Here are some other historic guilds, I didn't see listed:

Queen Shieba's Alliance
IGA Province
The Pack
Spawners Inc.
The Tiberian Temple of Virtues
The Lost Order of Asha'man
The City of Haven/Silversteed Tavern
The Borderlands Keep
The City of Heaven's Forge
Britannia Search and Rescue
The Cult of Seven Sins
The Lords of Death

Some old famous players (too many to list):
Unknown Player
Ronald McDonald
The Penny Arcade Founders...

hmmm, maybe we should make a guide about these guilds/places/people and why we remember them. :)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The City of Heaven's Forge is long gone, Arlon and I were the last people to become apart of that city and still remain there to this day. Mayor Darius, entrusted us with the last few houses many years ago. I still speak with him from time to time on ICQ. We have a few of his books left from his final home, locked down at our keep.

Was a sad day to see him leave.

Ori

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xel that isn't senility, thats to much Sake!
I blame society for the fact that sake is extremely good! It goes with everything, I swear. I once met a massage therapist who used oils that are derived from sake. Sake blinkin' massage oils. I crap you not, folks. I have absolutely no idea how beneficial it was, but out of curiosity, I started licking my arm just to see if I tasted like sake or to see if I can get some sort of sake-like inebriation. It actually smelled nice, and I couldn't really taste anything, more like "smell the flavor". It was a very bizarre, unique, and blinkin' cool experience.

Hakuna Matata, Cym! That's definitely a great list! Perhaps some of the members are still around in one form or another, but I have no idea if any of them are still active today? Perhaps under a different tag?

Great seeing/hearing from you!

T

Tol

Spawners Inc is still around and still spawning :).

Long time no see Xel, doubt ya even remember me.

Nok, hows it been? hopefully you remember me :)

T

The_Ox

Lords of illusions L.O.I we are still around, started the guild in the first year of UO within 2 months of the release. we were all RL friends most have stopped playing but I am still here and sometimes my wife and kids. have thought about letting the guild go and joining one that is more active, but there is way to much history for me to do that.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Here is another old school PK guild - LotD. Lord of the Dead, if I remember correctly.

WildStar

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Guild, GHT (The Great Horny Toads) has been around since 97. Not sure it counts tho because I am the sole remaining member :sad3:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spawners Inc is still around and still spawning :).

Long time no see Xel, doubt ya even remember me.

Nok, hows it been? hopefully you remember me :)
Holy blinkin' Nudity! Hail Tol, I remember you, man! How've you been? I have a photoatomic memory, except when I'm inebriated then I might as well forget about anything. This includes long term and short term memory.

I definitely remember you, and it's great that you're still here. Take care out there, and may the Goddess of Nudity guide you!

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All these older guilds, I wonder how many old guildstones are left? In my mind that was a terrible thing, getting rid of stones. of course myself, xel and I'm sure many others were around before there were even guildstones. Like the days when spellbooks weren't even blessed :gee:

T

The_Ox

Ahh I still have my guild stone Almost got rid of it but then I decided it was part of the history. And the good old days when it was one world were when you were killed you were very likely to loose everything.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have mine as well, proudly displayed on the porch of my house :) And I'm right there with you as far as wanting to join a more active guild, but not giving mine up. Maybe you should consider allying with an active guild?

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another old school PK guild - LotD. Lord of the Dead, if I remember correctly.

WildStar

we were the lords of death. might be a few guys on other shards but i think im the only pk left from that era.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have "fond" memories of LoD, SixUnder. :) I just also remember a LotD with equal "fondness", unless I am separating two in error.

WildStar

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, too, have great memories of LoD. Which makes me wonder, was Red Tenshi a member of LoD, or was he just with the guild alot? Red was the first 'red' I met, and having been told to watch out for reds, I attacked him. He promptly killed me! But, what a great guy to have been killed by!!! I was so terribly new, and had been invited to observe dueling at Avalon. Little did I know Red Tenshi was there not only as a duelist, but because he was a friend to most of the blues in attendance.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah LoD, lol the first group of fel people I ever really knew. LOL Ramsmith and his group of Ram's lol. Crazy people. But fun. And I remember Red Tenshi lol.Great guy. I don;t remember if he was a LoD or not. Ahh the good ol days.

Ori

Dig

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah LoD, lol the first group of fel people I ever really knew. LOL Ramsmith and his group of Ram's lol. Crazy people. But fun. And I remember Red Tenshi lol.Great guy. I don;t remember if he was a LoD or not. Ahh the good ol days.

Ori
Red was in LOD. I knew him as a fisherman before he made Red and joined LOD. LOD pretty much ended when they got crushed by M&D and a lot of them got banned.. This totally random pic was from a raid on their castle where we showed up and .... well the pic says it all.

This was a random LOD fight. I still remember it.. These guys where at COM base and tried to sail off to escape. the plank was still extended and 2 on 1 seemed like a fair fight to me..

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All these older guilds, I wonder how many old guildstones are left? In my mind that was a terrible thing, getting rid of stones.
A couple of years ago, I inherited a guildstone deed from someone who quit playing, but never have been able to find out if it's for an old Baja guild or a guild from another shard or how he even acquired it. The guildname is Guardians of the West. I don't know if the guild had a tag...the guildstone deed simply says "[None]" after the name of the guild.

Does anyone recognize that guild name?

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot forget the PvP guild The Death Jesters [DJs].
Always liked the name hehe. but sadly they are no longer around.

An old, but not so well known guild is Knights of the Old Code [KOC] run by Black Knight and "COUNTESS" (RL husband/wife). The guild itself is still around but I do not believe they really play anymore.

The Mage Tower has been around for a VERY long time and we are the biggest guild on Baja atm, we're trading on and off with Spawners Inc. =P
We are one out of two MT's left sadly, but Baja is still kickin! the people have shown that they really enjoy our history and you can bet you'll be seeing some events held by MT. I personally am planning one =)

As for some more guilds I cannot believe some of you all have forgotten The Dark Wardens [tDw]

there is another one that I cannot remember the full name but it was something of the Emerald Axe.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We still have The Ancient Order (TAO) Guildstone. I also have the guildstones for two guilds: Newbies Anonymous (N/A) and Mules-R-Us (MRS).

D

DebiHIS

didnt H2O move to another shard? My first char. has been in Outcast for years now, but never see anyone else on, lol. My tamer is in UTB.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didnt H2O move to another shard? My first char. has been in Outcast for years now, but never see anyone else on, lol. My tamer is in UTB.
I see H2O all the time...Luna bank (when I'm there, i dont go much), mel, heck I've seen an H2O person while at brit bank which barely anyone goes too anymore =(

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We still have The Ancient Order (TAO) Guildstone. I also have the guildstones for two guilds: Newbies Anonymous (N/A) and Mules-R-Us (MRS).
Okay, I laughed out loud when I read the "Mules-R-Us" guild. Not only is it funny saying it out loud (I'm blinkin' bizarre like that, snarf, snarf! :lol:) but I also dig the acronym of MRS. It's like killing two birds with one stone but in a good way!

It's always, always good hearing from Guilds and the people who were/are in them because let's face it; Guilds, alliances, and interests aside, the common thread is that there are still quite a few of us who've been playing within this Sosarian playground, so to speak. At one point or another, we (rhetorical "we") might've run into each other within the 10+ years since UO went Live. To me, that says a lot, not in a monolithic, epic way, but a slow realization, almost an epiphany: "Wow, I remember seeing 'so-and-so' from back when he/she/it was in that guild," or "I remember talking to that person and then she aptly pk'd me because I was too sexy!"

In a bizarre way, it's reassuring to see that these Guilds, more importantly, the people within these Guilds are still around doing their thing. Then again, it could be the sake that's talking now, but you buggers get the gist! :thumbup:

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pokes Xel*
I have seen many people, and met many more. So much so I only know that I know people! Like Xel...NO idea how I know Xel...but I know I know him! which is sad because I like meeting people and if people are still talking to me then that means they at least like my humor lol

I'm sure if anyone has ever been to the west bank that you have either A, seen me, or B, been poked by me. I poke every person I see if I'm ever at a bank lol...been doing so for a long long time.

oh! another OLD guild was VX! based out near trinsic with their guildmaster nicknamed "V" it was so long ago I cannot remember all the details but man was that a fun guild!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Ceno!

I remember you from way back when, and it's great catching up with you and the fine folk at/in MT. You eloquently summed it up best, man! I know that I've run into you throughout the years, some of the encounters at the Golden Brew frequented by the Golden Knights, et. al. and of course at MT events. Always great conversation and good times, and here's to many more. :shots:

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here here!
I had visited the Golden Brew way back when it was just a little marble house =P\
i hear they have a big house now tho!

D

DebiHIS

I just remembered seeing them on another shard, thot maybe they had left. At one time I had a keep in the swamp, and all my neighbors were them.

L

Ladygrim

United Tamers of Britannia is still around, he are not as strong in active members of old, but we are still here and happy

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice, that's what it's all about. Well, that and the magical unlimited sake spring of Life and Nudity.
Well UTB and AFK are allied with TAA & tDw. And rumor has it that the alliance has been hoarding a secret stash of rum & sake on Marble Island. ;)

:shots: