• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Baja Shard Rares Festival Bid (January 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Baja Shard Rares Festival Bid Discussion

Dates: January 13th 14th & 15th
Mall Location: Umbra, Malas
Auction House Location: Umbra, Malas

Festival Theme
A Loving Family Holiday With a Friday The 13th Horror Twist!

Primary Reason for Festival

For players to complete their EM Holiday Collections

Festival Hosts
-Jinx
-WarderDragon
-WildStar

Silent Auction Staff
-Demon Slayer
-Sundina

Festival Staff
-BlissMarie
-Manticore
-Sara
-Lord Gareth
-BRPA Members (Individuals will listed soon)

Festival Event & Enhancement Suggestions
(Approval still required by groups)

-Festival Play Neos Second Day Out, follow Neo as he once again visits the West Brit Bank and attempts to find his matching Christmas Ticket Serial Number!

-Mesanna & EM Trivia (Hosted by The Kingdom of Dawn)
Trivia questions ranging from Mesanna World tour event items and Storyline to EM event items, location and shard.

-Around the Campfire
Gather round for a story to remember and be sure that you do! For the quiz questions at the end will be your way to win prizes!

-Museum and Baja Shard historical and unique places tour

-Town Guard Patrols during the festival (Harbinger control)

-Girl Scout Cookie Booth (?)

-More Added Later!

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yahhhhhhhh i don't have to pay for transfer tokens...... opps did i say that out loud :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if baja aint had one yet then they are in control...end of...:scholar:

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heck Yea, i wouldent have to xfer so mutch and itd be easier to work my museum up some.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm I have absolute zero interest in rares. In fact I doubt I'd even know what a rare was if it came up in bit me in the butt. But the other stuff going on sounds kinda fun, so any assistance I can give, be happy to help out in any way

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I have absolute zero interest in rares. In fact I doubt I'd even know what a rare was if it came up in bit me in the butt. But the other stuff going on sounds kinda fun, so any assistance I can give, be happy to help out in any way
mmmmmmm think we have heard this one b4....lol.... then again....whatever

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is posting because I spread word to members of our shard. Members who have never heard of the Rares Festival.

Let's not make people feel bad for offering a hand. Capice?

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your actually going to find out that there are a lot of people like that on baja. Huge on community participation and zero interest in rares. They'll give a hand just because that's what they do. Not saying hand over your pixel crack to people you don't know but just because you've never heard of them before doesn't mean it's not a stand up person. (Slug is a stand up person)

Ang

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have spoken with Melian of the GL crew and she has very graciously agreed to move her festival back in favor of the Baja festival. They are shooting for around May 21st, which seems like plenty of time.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
soooo...are we shooting for 4 a year again? the founders of fest really don't like the idea...just sayin.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
soooo...are we shooting for 4 a year again? the founders of fest really don't like the idea...just sayin.
*shrugs*

Who can say for sure, 4 months is a long time event wise and a lot of folks are willing to put in the hard work.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Athelas, sorry to burst your bubble...but 4 times a years wasn't what the founders had in mind when this all began. You know this, and should be relaying this to the rares council.

DVI was quite vocal at his disappointment over the time frame being used to do these things...which was one of the reasons why he tried to get a rares hub together...to alleviate the need to spend 160 mil a year on transfer tokens for 4 fests. Unfortunately, no one seems to want to keep to tradition or even remembers it...everyone seems hellbent on breaking it.

Want to do something constructive? Brainstorm and think about what the founders had in mind when doing a rares fest. Also think about including others ASIDE from just those who ran the fest onto your elitist council.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Athelas, sorry to burst your bubble...but 4 times a years wasn't what the founders had in mind when this all began. You know this, and should be relaying this to the rares council.

DVI was quite vocal at his disappointment over the time frame being used to do these things...which was one of the reasons why he tried to get a rares hub together...to alleviate the need to spend 160 mil a year on transfer tokens for 4 fests. Unfortunately, no one seems to want to keep to tradition or even remembers it...everyone seems hellbent on breaking it.

Want to do something constructive? Brainstorm and think about what the founders had in mind when doing a rares fest. Also think about including others ASIDE from just those who ran the fest onto your elitist council.
No apologies necessary, I assure you my bubble is not broken. Things have a way of changing Restroom, you know this. So much has changed in the community since the first festival that adaption is necessary. There are more people involved in the rares community now than ever before. The festivals are an enjoyable experience had by all and have gone beyond just simple buy and sell-a-thons they once were. If people want to host them than they should have the opportunity.

The only real concern I have for them is safety, which is the purpose of the council, the regulation of the festivals. If wanting safety for the festivals is elitist than clearly I don't know the definition. When it comes to safety its nice to have those that have ran previous festivals there to bat around ideas. In any case we haven't had anything to vote on since everything seems to have fallen into place lately.

As for the transfers there are always plenty of trusty folks willing to lend a hand. I've never had an issue getting an item to a festival, no matter what shard its on. And if someone does have something they need moved all they really need to do is post.

The point is things have a way of changing, and regardless of Aspen's (DVI) original intent anything that is successful will always end up changing.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
This is why I love Ultima Online...

You try to put on an event and you're **** on as they call you an elitist. If the "Founders" think it should be done a certain way then get off your lazy arses and put in the work, put up or...you know the rest. You dont like the festival then dont come, we don't want people there who are going to moan and groan when its not done their way.

and I am going to talk to the hosts about changing the name because I am sick of the "founders" or whatever elitist players are called that so called started the Rares Festival, looks like its time for a new name so they will zip it.

:bowdown:

dont mind you not

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You try to put on an event and you're **** on as they call you an elitist. If the "Founders" think it should be done a certain way then get off your lazy arses and put in the work, put up or...you know the rest. You dont like the festival then dont come, we don't want people there who are going to moan and groan when its not done their way.
This also works!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No apologies necessary, I assure you my bubble is not broken. Things have a way of changing Restroom, you know this. So much has changed in the community since the first festival that adaption is necessary. There are more people involved in the rares community now than ever before. The festivals are an enjoyable experience had by all and have gone beyond just simple buy and sell-a-thons they once were. If people want to host them than they should have the opportunity.

The only real concern I have for them is safety, which is the purpose of the council, the regulation of the festivals. If wanting safety for the festivals is elitist than clearly I don't know the definition. When it comes to safety its nice to have those that have ran previous festivals there to bat around ideas. In any case we haven't had anything to vote on since everything seems to have fallen into place lately.

As for the transfers there are always plenty of trusty folks willing to lend a hand. I've never had an issue getting an item to a festival, no matter what shard its on. And if someone does have something they need moved all they really need to do is post.

The point is things have a way of changing, and regardless of Aspen's (DVI) original intent anything that is successful will always end up changing.
i actually agree with restroom completely, 4 times a year is way too much and no things do not have to change, just because people want to have a rares festival doesn't mean we have to give them the permission to do so, because i sure know they will not always have my permission from whatever little power i hold, 3 times a year is more than enough for rares festivals, in 2009
only 2 rares fests took place

also i agree that other people should be included in the council, you shouldn't have needed to host a rares fest to be on it, as long as you talk a lot on the forums, are recognized as a rare collector by many and possibly have a decent sized rare collection, you should be eligible to be on the council. Some names i can think of off the top of my head are: Manticore, Jinx, Restroom Cowboy, Shu Chan, Blend, Ken of Napa, Bliss Marie, Nine Dark Moons, Dani, Restless, Seven, Radagast

That all being said, the rares festival on Baja has my complete support, that is an allstar cast, the best crew i have ever seen involved in a rares festival and i would be proud to be a part of it, the point i am agreeing with is that 4 festivals a year would be way too many, this baja fest would be the first of 2012, so lets maybe have one in june or july after that, and then another in november or december, i think that would work out best

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont know if i should post here or not because im new and people may think what i have to say doesnt mean anything but i think 3 Fests a year is plenty. I mean think about it. If we have 4 fest a year, thats one every 3 months. People have lives outside this game and cant stay on this game all day, all week farming gold to afford xfers all the time, and if you have chars on every shard that can get pretty expensive + you have to save FOR the Fest itself. If we start having 4 or 5 fest a year the vendors are prolly gonna be filled with luna items, holiday rares ect, no big rares like Mesanna Items or rare Event items because the fests are so close together that barely anyone could get rares to bring. Im not saying 3 months isnt enough time to get some rares but unless you have a char on atleast 5 shards the items will have a limit on how many there are in my opinion. Others may disagree with me but everyone is entitled to there opinion weather you like it or not.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Gareth's Mega Festival..... so obviously I was not serious about renaming it :)

I am fine with having three festivals a year and we set ours for 2012 so none have happened in 2012 yet :p

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
also i agree that other people should be included in the council, you shouldn't have needed to host a rares fest to be on it, as long as you talk a lot on the forums, are recognized as a rare collector by many and possibly have a decent sized rare collection, you should be eligible to be on the council. Some names i can think of off the top of my head are: Manticore, Jinx, Restroom Cowboy, Shu Chan, Blend, Ken of Napa, Bliss Marie, Nine Dark Moons, Dani, Restless, Seven, Radagast
/Signed

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didn't read any of the posts in this thread, so i'm only replying to the OP -
:thumbup: for a rares fest on Baja after the holidays.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Baja is the best shard in UO.....

What are you talking about? I never said that! Must be a stratics glitch...... la la la :heart:

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know. There are a lot of powerful collectors in baja.
It is likely to become a best festival.
I am looking forward.

Girl Scout Edith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja Shard Rares Festival Bid Discussion

-Girl Scout Cookie Booth (?)

Dear Mister Gareth,

Baja Girl Scout Troop #1 would be honored to have a sales booth at the Rares Festival! Please let me know what I need to do to qualify. Do you need samples? If so what is your favorite cookie? We can make them all!

Yours Truly,

Girl Scout Edith
Baja Girl Scout Troop #1

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dear Mister Gareth,

Baja Girl Scout Troop #1 would be honored to have a sales booth at the Rares Festival! Please let me know what I need to do to qualify. Do you need samples? If so what is your favorite cookie? We can make them all!

Yours Truly,

Girl Scout Edith
Baja Girl Scout Troop #1
Yes I will need to sample every cookie you have. Probably need about 40 of each kind of cookie so I can test them....you know with milk, empty glass, ale, cold water, warm water, imaginary milk, Captain Morgans Rum, Golden Brew Tavern Pumpkin, so on and south fourth.

Samples are free right?
I want to make sure we have the best selection there............:lie:

Girl Scout Edith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I will need to sample every cookie you have. Probably need about 40 of each kind of cookie so I can test them....you know with milk, empty glass, ale, cold water, warm water, imaginary milk, Captain Morgans Rum, Golden Brew Tavern Pumpkin, so on and south fourth.

Samples are free right?
I want to make sure we have the best selection there............:lie:
*scratches arm* Free? Heck no Mister Gareth! 400 Gold Pieces each! Just like always!

And we only have milk. That other stuff.. well I can't help you with that.

Stop by our Meeting House any time. It's right by the Skara Brae Faire Grounds.

*Salutes*

Girl Scout Edith
Baja Girl Scout Troop #1

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey,

am I right if I say that Sakura is down and Baja is back as next festival?
:confused:

Baja has never had a festival so that will be fun ofcourse.

But this is the second time that an Asian shard have been proposed and later on removed from rares festival.Why is that if I may ask?
Are there not people enough that can make it work on those shards?

Regards
The Scandinavian

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks forward to both...baja then hopefully sakura will table a bid for later in the year....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay, you can necro a 2 month old thread AND disregard the thread saying the bid was cancelled. Well done!
mmm think the winter baja was cancelled this is the jan 2012 bid....the next one they were promised???

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are we having 2 festivals in 2 weeks in january???

very confusing..id like to start making gold on the shard next to have one....

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, Sakura is in January.

Baja and Sakura worked out their differences internally and gave Sakura the January festival.

Locking this, all its doing is confusing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.