• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bags of Sending Gold changes

F

Farscape

Lots of talk on Uhall
Well this certainly boosted the number of char in Fel in the last two days I crossed paths with several hard working collectors
How do you all feel about this change ?
myself with the reduction of weight in gold being able to carry 70k+ made me feel like a mobile banker :love:

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I cant get on for a few days.

You can carry 70k of gold? Whats is the weigh to gold ratio now?.

Thankgod for BOS unnerfed, I havnt picked up gold loot for since I have been back, but now...

F

Fink

I think the new weight ratio is 150gp : 1 stone.

There's been official mention of an upcoming revision of loot tables - as has perennially been the case - but with an "enjoy it while it lasts" caveat about the new gold rush.

Personally I feel they've put the cart before the horse.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I remember last time they made changes to the amount of gold monsters drop... Oh the outrage, the anger, the childish whining and then there was everyone elses opinions.

Is it my imagination or do monsters drop more now than they did pre-nerf (I cant remember when, but I think I am talking a few years ago).

In light of what fink has been kind enough to tell me, I do belive I am going to farm gold like crazy until this change occurs. Now where can I get cheap Vitamin D pills.

P

Paradox_

I remember last time they made changes to the amount of gold monsters drop... Oh the outrage, the anger, the childish whining and then there was everyone elses opinions.

Is it my imagination or do monsters drop more now than they did pre-nerf (I cant remember when, but I think I am talking a few years ago).

In light of what fink has been kind enough to tell me, I do belive I am going to farm gold like crazy until this change occurs. Now where can I get cheap Vitamin D pills.
So sad. So very very sad.

L

Luna Lagger

I do belive I am going to farm gold like crazy until this change occurs. Now where can I get cheap Vitamin D pills.
Or you could do this.

Find a job only needs to be an hour a week and buy yourself 20mill.

K

Katlene

only idiots BUY gold for an ONLINE GAME!!
bad enough already paying just to play it. let alone be lazy and take away half the experiance in earning things for yourself.

L

Luna Lagger

I think working for an hour a week to get the gold you need, is better than staying up to 4am and taking tablets (cost money) farming the same monster over and over.

But yeah, if he enjoys taking tablets to stay up and farm the same monster fair enough.

K

Katlene

It was a joke dear. no wonder you have so much trouble in the world when you miss something as simple as that

B

Bladron

It was a joke dear. no wonder you have so much trouble in the world when you miss something as simple as that
OH I GET IT!!! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THAT WAS HILARIOUS. What a corker! I'm getting a stitch from it. God, you're killing me.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I am sure you are all well adjusted, concerned citizens just looking out for my best interests I know, but I actually started playing uo again to um... play... SHOCK HORROR...

I like your idea about buying gold online, infact I have found someone who, for a small amount per hour, will actually play the game for me. It's awsome.

All I do is pay my subscription fee to EA, spend some money buying gold, then hire someone to play. I dont have to lift a finger and can spend all my days hanging out.

Thankyou, for making us all feel a little smarter.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

I think working for an hour a week to get the gold you need, is better than staying up to 4am and taking tablets (cost money) farming the same monster over and over.

But yeah, if he enjoys taking tablets to stay up and farm the same monster fair enough.
I am quite sure you do already know this, but one of the main sources of Vitamin D is sunlight, so I was kinda alluding that I would be indoors playing during the day. Sunlight is during the day.

Infact forget I said anything your whole damn post is nonsense and I love it, your like the new Dr Suess.

Pure genius how you make yourself sound so... uneducated.

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I complained like lots of others when the bos changes came in, but looking back it wasn't that bad.
All folk want to do now is kill like crazy, load up with 70,000 gold, send it to the bank, kill like crazy, load up with 70,000 gold, send it to the bank, kill like crazy and so on and so on.
I guess they have just put another nail in the UO coffin as people will soon get fed up with gold farming, they might have 50 million in the bank, but what the hell can you do with it once you have bought all the atifacts.

I suppose you can bank sit and count your gold but it was better when we had to work for it.

Also just watch all the prices go through the roof.

S

siyeng0

oh my goodness the weight of gold has dropped the sky is falling THE SKY IS FALLING

EVERYBODY! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

This game is through! It's over! It won't live to see another year! They've changed the weight of gold so that people can now carry 70k rather than the, what, 30k they could carry before! The sky! It's falling! That means they can carry double the gold! More than double! RUN!

And the BOS has changed! Thousands of gold pieces can be transferred with a single click! This is the worst change since Trammel! This - what do you mean, they've just reverted it to how it used to be? I remember how it used to be! THAT WAS YEARS AGO. THAT WAS THE GOOD OLD DAYS. The game wasn't on the brink of DEATH then!

WE'RE ALL GOING TO PERISH. THE END IS NIGH. THE END IS NIGH.

P

PoCove

I am actually glad to hear that they Unnerfed the BoS ... But they should have made the gold heavier ...

I have made enough cash ingame that when I was looting monsters I left the gold .. Now i may gather more ...

We are going to have a heck of a lot of more spending in the game and it may drive prices up ... I personally have enough cash ... I still want to or have a need to do more Champ spawns to gather more replica's

So when the bag is fixed you can send them to the bank with out worry of the bag breaking and you loosing your items if you can not get your corpse back ..

Anyway enough Ranting ..

S

Sunrise

OOO me thief is happy now..gold is lighter....Such nice pretty gold coins I need and want..

also as a side note..does anyone think that the powers that be use UO as a test pad for other games? seriously. They took out BOS..for what about a year or so..now they are bringing them back..Not for players complaining..but maybe its for another reason..

Also as a side note..Even if UO has only 100 players on each shard...it will still be around. Low cost. Everything paid for. People still willing to play..and heck its one heck of a great test system for all the new and improved Games coming out in the market now... :D

I

iddqd

protip: trams, you can earn lots of gold fast by two-manning rat spawns.

so get out into fel and get those spawns done!

B

BladeBard

Im happy to see the changes in gold and BOS, it makes it easier,
Trammies can now collect more without having to run back to the bank all the time.
Felutians now can ask more for thier 120 scrolls as Tramies have more gold to spend.
It will encourage more people to venture into Fel as monsters spawn faster in Fel, meaning collecting gold is faster, (Ice ogres in Fel easy 100K in 30min.)
Spawn Stealthers with BOS will benefit. (this means they will get gamer and hence more chance of PvP if caught/detected)

Id like to see it go further and double the gold on monsters in fel, I know the resourses are double in Fel, (leather/ore etc) but that only encourages the Mule chars who tend to have no major fighting skills. Double the gold and I believe more wanna be fighters will come to Fel and try their luck.

GOD I MISS THE OLD DAYS when even going through a moongate in Fel was risky.

F

Farscape

Im happy to see the changes in gold and BOS, it makes it easier,
Trammies can now collect more without having to run back to the bank all the time.
Felutians now can ask more for thier 120 scrolls as Tramies have more gold to spend.
It will encourage more people to venture into Fel as monsters spawn faster in Fel, meaning collecting gold is faster, (Ice ogres in Fel easy 100K in 30min.)
Spawn Stealthers with BOS will benefit. (this means they will get gamer and hence more chance of PvP if caught/detected)

I am surprise scrolls still sell once you have what you need then it is completed I see lots on vendors chewing up fees currently and with the player base it is mostly vets let that are hoping for a resurection(second comming of Uo) but history is not on our side
Now I need to say this because as a char spending a lot of time in fel it needs to be said trammies do NOT fear Fel only the cheaters it holds ok simple and as far as I am concerned from watching a lot of action there it is simply the truth for most can hold their own if need be but do not have the unhealthy edge that stands out like dogs legs

As for the Old days they are gone but not forgotten but never shall they return in out game time:sad4:

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am surprise scrolls still sell once you have what you need then it is completed I see lots on vendors chewing up fees currently and with the player base it is mostly vets let that are hoping for a resurection(second comming of Uo) but history is not on our side
People are always making new chars and changing their templates, especially PvPers. Its on of the best parts of UO, playing round with different skills. I also think you are being a little overly pessimistic about UO's future, especially with an expansion so close. Even if UO gets no new players from it (which it will), the amount of returners will be well worth it. If Oceania got only 50 new regular players that would be a big boost, even though it doesn't sound like much.

Now I need to say this because as a char spending a lot of time in fel it needs to be said trammies do NOT fear Fel only the cheaters it holds ok simple and as far as I am concerned from watching a lot of action there it is simply the truth for most can hold their own if need be but do not have the unhealthy edge that stands out like dogs legs
You have no idea what you are on about.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If Oceania got only 50 new regular players that would be a big boost, even though it doesn't sound like much.
If Oceania got 50 new 'regular' players it would more than double the existing 'regular' players we have now. My bet would be that Oce doesn't even have more than 30 'regular' players now. By 'regular' I mean players that log in each day for a number of hours. I doubt the shard has more than 60 'regular' and 'casual' players in TOTAL given what I see around the place and the numbers that rock up to any kind of event. EM events so far this round would have attracted maybe 15 players at most, and these are mostly held on weekends when most people are about. Used to be well over a hundred for any event of this kind. Then there are the accounts that are still 'paid' for but the owners haven't logged in for months and month or in some cases even years, I can think of at least 3 that fall into this category, a lot of the places in Luna qualify here.

Would be kind of interesting to do a poll on this, if not for 'multiple' accounts that people have, it wouldn't surprise me if the shard got shut down. I run 5 fully paid accounts and have done for yrs, but I am still only 'one' player so even though there are 5 subs, there is still only one character in game 'doing' anything at any given time and I basically am down to playing maybe an hour or two every other day.

LOL see if you can actually 'name' 30 individual players you 'see' every day and who you know play at least 2 hrs a day. Bet you would have trouble. Maybe we should start another thread to 'name' real players to see how close we get. eg Player: Missecho (5 accounts) etc where you only 'count' the player once, not the chars they may or may not play sometimes etc.

F

Farscape

People are always making new chars and changing their templates, especially PvPers. Its on of the best parts of UO, playing round with different skills. I also think you are being a little overly pessimistic about UO's future, especially with an expansion so close. Even if UO gets no new players from it (which it will), the amount of returners will be well worth it. If Oceania got only 50 new regular players that would be a big boost, even though it doesn't sound like much.

You have no idea what you are on about.
If you are a current player then make this comment if not :
nope I will not even go any further and waste my time:gun:

B

BladeBard

I still buy 120 scrolls, and Im nearly as old a player as Farscape,
but it tends to be personal choice on what your doing with your chars and accounts.
I got umm lots of active acounts,
and I like to try and get a 120 scroll for every skill on every char I have,
this includes the skills that char dosnt use,
More of "whatever floats ya boat" It floats mine, and gives me some sort of Goal to achieve in the game. Once youve been playing as long as us regulars, you tend to have to re invent goals and achievements.

Either way, anything new is different, and always welcomed by myself in the game. Carrying 70K in gold is certainly new.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

Well I have been playing off and on since uo:r. I still buy 120's and arties. With So many different templates to try, I will be for a while too.

I think 30 regular players is a low estimate. I am basing this on nothing of course, I just hope it isnt so.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think 30 regular players is a low estimate. I am basing this on nothing of course, I just hope it isnt so.
Maybe so, but you know I seriously doubt it is more, that is why I figured it would be interesting to 'name' em. I know I couldn't name 30 individual players these days who I thought played 'regularly'. In my old guild although the guild search showed 33 'chars' there was only ever 4 'real players. sheesh, I have 35 chars of which I would 'play' about 15 of (not that all of them were ever in guild, just the ones that I played a reasonable amount of time so probly about 8).

My guestimate at 30 was also just a guess, however I reckon 50 would be way too high a number, wouldn't surprise me if the 'real' player figures fell somewhere in the middle of those two numbers. So if Sneaky's 'estimate' of maybe 50 players rejoining/coming due to SA is anywhere near likely then our population on the shard would double. lol

S

siyeng0

Maybe so, but you know I seriously doubt it is more, that is why I figured it would be interesting to 'name' em. I know I couldn't name 30 individual players these days who I thought played 'regularly'. In my old guild although the guild search showed 33 'chars' there was only ever 4 'real players. sheesh, I have 35 chars of which I would 'play' about 15 of (not that all of them were ever in guild, just the ones that I played a reasonable amount of time so probly about 8).
Two hours a day, every single day, is not the threshold of regularity. It's the threshold of unhealthiness, perhaps.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 hrs a day is no different to watching a movie or reading a few chapters of a book, watching the news, playing a game of monopoly or knitting for a couple of hours. If you want to play on semantics tho, all good. Recreation for 2 hrs a day is not my idea of 'unhealthiness' given most people would still have 3-4 hours to go play sport or whatever. I think you just like to pick holes in everything? Not much else to do between the hours of 8pm and midnight.

The example was only to imply that regular was something done everyday or even more than a few times a week for more than a few minutes at a time. I don't consider once a week or whatever to be regular in terms of an active gamer.

F

Fink

I play maybe 5 hours a week. I consider that pretty regular.

In a typical week I work, study (includes watching TV & film), walk, read, meditate, practice martial arts, sculpt, draw, spend time with my beloved, do odd jobs around the house, spend time with my pets, catch up with friends..

I really can't see much more time for UO being convenient in the least or healthy in the extreme.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Oceania got 50 new 'regular' players it would more than double the existing 'regular' players we have now. My bet would be that Oce doesn't even have more than 30 'regular' players now. By 'regular' I mean players that log in each day for a number of hours. I doubt the shard has more than 60 'regular' and 'casual' players in TOTAL given what I see around the place and the numbers that rock up to any kind of event. EM events so far this round would have attracted maybe 15 players at most, and these are mostly held on weekends when most people are about. Used to be well over a hundred for any event of this kind. Then there are the accounts that are still 'paid' for but the owners haven't logged in for months and month or in some cases even years, I can think of at least 3 that fall into this category, a lot of the places in Luna qualify here.

Would be kind of interesting to do a poll on this, if not for 'multiple' accounts that people have, it wouldn't surprise me if the shard got shut down. I run 5 fully paid accounts and have done for yrs, but I am still only 'one' player so even though there are 5 subs, there is still only one character in game 'doing' anything at any given time and I basically am down to playing maybe an hour or two every other day.

LOL see if you can actually 'name' 30 individual players you 'see' every day and who you know play at least 2 hrs a day. Bet you would have trouble. Maybe we should start another thread to 'name' real players to see how close we get. eg Player: Missecho (5 accounts) etc where you only 'count' the player once, not the chars they may or may not play sometimes etc.
Would be interesting to see how many players there are, but I think 30 is waaaaaaay to low. For example I just went through my own 2 guilds (OPK/AUPK) and counted 24 individual players. Probably only 12 or so play regularly though.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guestimate at 30 was also just a guess, however I reckon 50 would be way too high a number, wouldn't surprise me if the 'real' player figures fell somewhere in the middle of those two numbers. So if Sneaky's 'estimate' of maybe 50 players rejoining/coming due to SA is anywhere near likely then our population on the shard would double. lol
Yeh, whatever the number is, 50 new/returning regular players for SA would make the shard a fair bit bigger.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be interesting to see how many players there are, but I think 30 is waaaaaaay to low. For example I just went through my own 2 guilds (OPK/AUPK) and counted 24 individual players. Probably only 12 or so play regularly though.
You think so? If you check the Oceania 'guild roster' the top 10 guilds amount to 502 characters in total. Given that some people have more than 8 chars in guilds (looks at all the Que chars and riders etc etc) and others 1-2 even at an average of players who have 7 char slot accounts having 4-5 of those in guild, then that would only amount to around 100 'real' players. The number 10 guild has only 14 chars of which even some of those are 'duplicate' player chars. Looking through the 'lists' in each guild I can identify where there are up to at least 5 chars owned by one person in pretty much all of em, in some cases multiple instances of this and more than 5 chars at that. Your 2 guilds amount to 81 in total chars, of which you say only 24 are 'real' players and only 12 you consider to play regularly. Your guilds are what I consider reasonably 'active' at least with those I see around on a day to day basis. That amounts to 14% of your guild. If you extrapolated that over a 'similar' activity rate, even tho I know some have less activity than your guilds, it amounts to around 70 players between the top ten guilds.

You would then need to assume that all those chars in the guilds actually play each week, of which I am sure some hardly play at all other than the odd log in etc.

If all 502 of those chars were individual people, then we would actually have a 'shard' that looked like it had something going for it. If you take the 'estimates' of what UO in total has as 'subscribtions' say 70-100k the fact we have probably only about 2-300 of that is not good.

Unfortunately, although I play KR, and will play SA (assuming I keep playing, which at this point in time is pretty questionable), I doubt SA will do much to get people into UO unless it is well advertised, which as we all know, EA-Mythic seem to never want to do. Ultima Online doesn't even come up when you run a 'search' on the EA website.

Anyways, it is only for discussion purposes, I just know since I started our shard has shrunk by at least 70-90% of what it used to be and for every player that starts another 2-3 leave.

As for the bos, which was the original topic, I think they have left it too late to 'bring it back'. In their effort to thwart scripters, I doubt they had any idea how much that change would effect regular pvm'ers. Before the bos you didn't have all the non recall areas of Ilsh, the peerless dungeons, massively overinflated prices on everything. Taking the bos out basically killed a lot of reason for players to pvm, as without being able to 'loot' effectively, a lot of players like me just gave pvm a miss. I, like many, do not 'need' the gp's but going to 'kill' stuff without looting more than you could carry seemed pretty pointless, pvm basically became totally boring if you only went to places where you could 'recall'. This coupled with the changes to ore and wood harvesting, basically killed pretty much any reason to want to pvm. Once you get 'bored' then there is no reason to log in. These changes basically made UO a drag in all those areas that had been the 'bread and butter' gameplay for the majority who pvm. In the past 2 yrs since they made these changes the numbers have dropped dramatically, and I doubt they will ever come back.

I

iddqd

the pvm died because it is uninspired and stupidly easy, not because you could sit and kill the same monster for 12 hours at a stretch to amass the huge sum of 200k gp and a leet fcr1 dci8 dam inc10 energy resist16 bracelet.

when 2 players can EASILY complete the 'hardest' pve content, the pve content needs a drastic overhaul.

heres a hint you dumbass trams: this ISNT a pve game, and never really has been. it was a pvp game (which was NOT garriotts intention, given he's a carebare trammy rp'er himself), and it began to die when the devs started to listen to the crybabies and made tram.

F

Fink

You think so? If you check the Oceania 'guild roster' the top 10 guilds amount to 502 characters in total. Given that some people have more than 8 chars in guilds (looks at all the Que chars and riders etc etc) and others 1-2 even at an average of players who have 7 char slot accounts having 4-5 of those in guild, then that would only amount to around 100 'real' players. The number 10 guild has only 14 chars of which even some of those are 'duplicate' player chars. Looking through the 'lists' in each guild I can identify where there are up to at least 5 chars owned by one person in pretty much all of em, in some cases multiple instances of this and more than 5 chars at that. Your 2 guilds amount to 81 in total chars, of which you say only 24 are 'real' players and only 12 you consider to play regularly. Your guilds are what I consider reasonably 'active' at least with those I see around on a day to day basis. That amounts to 14% of your guild. If you extrapolated that over a 'similar' activity rate, even tho I know some have less activity than your guilds, it amounts to around 70 players between the top ten guilds...
:eek: I can't believe I read the whole thing.

If we're talking arbitrary figures, why not just count the number of houses and divide by 9.7?

I know houses don't reflect the number of active accounts, or number of players, or even paid accounts.. but not everyone's in a guild either. And there are any number of smaller guilds that represent 1-4 individuals that don't even register on the top 10. Top 10 guilds are usually there by virtue of members cramming all their alts onto the roster.

F

Farscape

the pvm died because it is uninspired and stupidly easy, not because you could sit and kill the same monster for 12 hours at a stretch to amass the huge sum of 200k gp and a leet fcr1 dci8 dam inc10 energy resist16 bracelet.

when 2 players can EASILY complete the 'hardest' pve content, the pve content needs a drastic overhaul.

heres a hint you dumbass trams: this ISNT a pve game, and never really has been. it was a pvp game (which was NOT garriotts intention, given he's a carebare trammy rp'er himself), and it began to die when the devs started to listen to the crybabies and made tram.
Missing your PvP posts eh!
suffer in your jocks buddy so much utter rubbish comming outta the other end!:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you first started playing UO you were a regular person and came across fairly polite and moderate and easy going. I guess your 'reply' shows why Oce is now as it is. It seems the norm these days on our shard and particularly on this forum to think it is OK to be just plain out rude. I don't give a rats if you pvp, if you like it fine, up to you. Am I gonna call you a dumbass pvp'er, no, because unlike you I respect how other people like to play and to each their own. I don't feel the NEED as it seems you do to basically leave any civility at the door when you are sitting hidden behind your computer screen.

I read the threads on this board daily and see the total dissing of people such as Katlene, and any others who have a different opinion on anything 'put up' by a few posters here.

My original post was on 'MY' take, and 'MY' experience over the past few months of logging in and seeing AT MOST about 5-6 players at any given time I have been on, that includes Luna, Brit, around the shopping areas, fel dungeons (where I have seen no one) and other spawn areas. The most I have seen has been at 'events' that used to attract well over a hundred players, and now attract if your very lucky about 15. Gee at one of the 'sessions' for the EM's I was the ONLY person attending. In the SL room the other day there were a total of 4? maybe 5? and a few more in Trinsic.

As my original post said :

Would be kind of interesting to do a poll on this,....
so was basically just posted for interest sake as imo I doubt there are more than 60 'real' regular or casual players now that log on in any week. That is just MY opinion, and is based on MY experience of the shard at the moment. How you arrive at any figure here is ultimately just going to be based on guesswork and basically what you 'see'. Sneaky gave a reasonable 'estimate' of his two guilds, which as seen equate to approx 1/3-1/4 of 'players (24) v characters (81)'. That is pretty much as 'valid' info as you are likely to get.

Sure you can count 'houses' that would give a 'middling to fair' representation of 'paid' subscriptions, but only if you can/could easily identify the OSI owned ones and grandfathered ones, and identify the ones held by players that aren't 'actually' playing but still have their accounts on 'hold' til they bite the bullet and quit.

The shop opposite mine in Luna, held by Marcella, hasn't had any one there in must be closed to 3-4 yrs now. The last time I saw her was when she logged in to stop it going IDOC at the last second after 50 or more people camped outside it all night. Same applies to the one down from it. The one Corn owns is basically 'vacated', as are a number of other shops in Luna. There are tons of tiny houses in the old 'classic' style out in the woods that I doubt anyone has logged into in years as well. All the plots that used to be 'full' in Malas (post AOS) are now vacant land. You couldn't 'find' an 18 x 18 plot when I started, in Tram or Malas. Now I can place as many as I had accounts for and then another 100. You can even place in what other shards would deem highly desirable 'spots' just outside Luna, Umbra, Brit moongate etc etc. LOL if I wanted to build a ten house player village I could just walk out and find a 'vacant' malas Island now and go do it.

Anyways, I guess just plain civil discussion is not meant for this board anymore so I will head back out to 'other' forums and areas where a simple basic discussion doesn't result in the narky little one line comments and plain rudeness as demonstrated above.

Cya

F

Fink

Sure you can count 'houses' that would give a 'middling to fair' representation of 'paid' subscriptions, but only if you can/could easily identify the OSI owned ones and grandfathered ones, and identify the ones held by players that aren't 'actually' playing but still have their accounts on 'hold' til they bite the bullet and quit.
That's why I said 'divide the number of houses by 9.7', totally arbitrary argument as much as is a 'guestimate' as you put it. To say roughly one tenth of the houses are actively occupied is probably nearer the mark than to say they all are. We can sit here all day pulling numbers out of our respective arses in response to one another, but we'd be no closer to the actual figures. Only EA would know, if anyone.

G

Grimm_of_Oceania

Well lets put it to the polls, how many actual people play uo. Now, how do you set up a poll.

With such a small player base, it's amazing we dont all get along better. Imagine how good it would be if we all co-op. Of course we would still need red antagonists to make fel fun still, but it would be cool.

K

Katlene

Once upon a time everyone used to get on, still some infectious people came along and poisoned others.
Now its just a bunch of arses and a big bunch of awesomes. :grouphug:

Down side to putting a poll on here is that theres a fair chunk of people that dont use the boards, so it still wouldnt be an accurate number.
Why worry really, we still arnt the smallest shard! Go Oce!

F

Fink

Well lets put it to the polls, how many actual people play uo. Now, how do you set up a poll.

With such a small player base, it's amazing we dont all get along better. Imagine how good it would be if we all co-op. Of course we would still need red antagonists to make fel fun still, but it would be cool.
Sadly, online communities generally get more vicious and incestuous (figuratively speaking) the smaller they become. Like the old saying "This town ain't big enough for the two of us".

I

iddqd

can you imagine how BORING that game would be? the - and i use this term VERY loosely here - 'AI' is laughable at best. the supposedly most challenging pvm in the game - DF and harrower can be solo'd easily, and farmed with 2 people. wait, i suppose we could rp some weddings, and... um... decorate houses, and... rp some more weddings.

that sounds TOPS, doesnt it?

pvp makes this game playable. no pvp, no game. rivalry and actual dislike of rivals makes pvp really desirable. it really is HIGHLY enjoyable slaughtering some ****** who has talked a bunch of crap about you.

Sadly though, opk (the actual opk) got too effective and killed off pvp on the server.

S

siyeng0

can you imagine how BORING that game would be? the - and i use this term VERY loosely here - 'AI' is laughable at best. the supposedly most challenging pvm in the game - DF and harrower can be solo'd easily, and farmed with 2 people. wait, i suppose we could rp some weddings, and... um... decorate houses, and... rp some more weddings.
that sounds TOPS, doesnt it?
pvp makes this game playable. no pvp, no game. rivalry and actual dislike of rivals makes pvp really desirable. it really is HIGHLY enjoyable slaughtering some ****** who has talked a bunch of crap about you.
Sadly though, opk (the actual opk) got too effective and killed off pvp on the server.
I am imagining a tragic shard that's degenerated into a long chain of people marrying each other (and NPCs), until everybody on the entire shard is married to everybody else and they all live in the same house. It's too early in the morning for Stratics.

But hey - and hooray, this is the bit where I get to tl;dr on behalf of RPers everywhere, I love this bit - don't blame the roleplayers for what the game has become. Of the people you're blaming, not one is a real roleplayer; they're just a bunch of people playing themselves (badly!). Real RPers liked it better pre-split and are typically defined by a liking for arguing with each other (and, um, getting married. Then arguing some more.) The people you're talking about like it better post-split, post-insurance, post-being able to solo everything in the game with their precious sampires, and are typically defined by an elitist "Pitiful PVPers!" attitude, a belief that saying "Hail" instead of "Hello" makes them more intellectual than the average player, and a tendency to run screaming the moment someone says "Wench."

It's oversensitivity and laziness that's killed both your playstyle and mine. Blame them. Don't blame us.

I

iddqd

"a belief that saying "Hail" instead of "Hello" makes them more intellectual than the average player"

hahaha, couldnt agree more.

though, to answer your point, of course there are exceptions to my notion. i argue with 'old school' so-called pvpers who hated the changes in pvp with AoS. PvP was good before AoS and was good after. it is my opinion that the ones who bitched and moaned about how lame everything was were the ones who couldnt learn how to play. In short, there are clueless idiots in every facet of gameplay.