• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bad idea.....(Cannon)

A

Ashyn

Well...my axe finally went bad. Just a warning to everyone - if you try to put the cannon closer to the edge of a keep using gazas to raise/lower, it won't work.

-----Woops --- photo deleted from Photobucket --- my bad!

I've been in que for over two hours, hoping a GM will fix this for me....no such luck - I'll try again tomorrow, but for now, just wanted to warn....the pieces will not push back together that close to the edge of the Keep. I'm hoping I didn't just lose two 7th year rewards.

-Ashyn

A

Azureal

Well...my axe finally went bad. Just a warning to everyone - if you try to put the cannon closer to the edge of a keep using gazas to raise/lower, it won't work.

I've been in que for over two hours, hoping a GM will fix this for me....no such luck - I'll try again tomorrow, but for now, just wanted to warn....the pieces will not push back together that close to the edge of the Keep. I'm hoping I didn't just lose two 7th year rewards.

-Ashyn
Aww crap! Best of Luck Ashyn, hopefully GM Glathin will come to your rescue :)

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought as long as the pieces were sitting properly together, they would axe back into a deed?

A

Ashyn

I thought as long as the pieces were sitting properly together, they would axe back into a deed?
They will, but the pieces are not sitting together properly right now. The back two pieces fell when the gazas were removed and will not go "up" to try to piece it back together, nor will the larger front section of the cannon go "down".

If it were to be "axed" right now, I would lose the items. - back in que for today. :(

-Ashyn

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing you can try is to axe the parts when the server has already gone down and see if you get a redeed anyways. It's worth a shot if the GMs are being slow. =)

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you get a resolution to this?

This is another reason I think we should get a full set of vet rewards on Test Center to play with.

*sighs*

-Skylark

A

Ashyn

Sorry, have been away for a bit - family came in for a visit (Good times!!).

Yes, I did get resolution to this. After waiting in que for over six hours on two seperate occassions, a GM finally did respond and corrected the cannons for me. HOWEVER, he made it VERY clear that this issue is not something that GM's will normally fix and my account has been marked so I will never receive assistance again with this type of issue.

And, you're absolutely right - all rewards should be given on test to ensure what can and cannot be done with them before you end up mutilating something it takes years to obtain, especially if the policy is not to assist with this type of problem.

-Ashyn

F

Flora Green

HOWEVER, he made it VERY clear that this issue is not something that GM's will normally fix and my account has been marked so I will never receive assistance again with this type of issue.
-Ashyn
That's a bit ridiculous that you've been marked for a design flaw. At least he fixed it for you this time. Thanks for the info regarding this.

A

Ashyn

That's a bit ridiculous that you've been marked for a design flaw. At least he fixed it for you this time. Thanks for the info regarding this.
I agree! You would think EA would mandate that Ultima's GM's go above and beyond to keep what little of a player base they still have.

At least I'll have the cannons on my account if/when I sell it. Ha ha!

-Ashyn

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ashyn,

Would you take the time to write up your whole experience - especially about the note on your account - and email it to Jeremy (or use the feedback form as that goes directly to her anyway). She really does seem to review that stuff. While it may not ever get attention the way we want, at least you will bring it up to someone who is a liaison between the player base and the powers that be.

I plan to submit a request via the feedback form regarding the addition of vet reward sets on Test Center, and suggest that EVERYONE who loves deco do the same - that is probably a very reachable goal. After all, they gave us heritage tokens, arties, and other stuff there that was useful to test, when we asked for them.

Feedback form

Jeremy's email address: jdalberg AT ea.com

-Skylark

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ashyn,

Would you take the time to write up your whole experience - especially about the note on your account - and email it to Jeremy (or use the feedback form as that goes directly to her anyway). She really does seem to review that stuff. While it may not ever get attention the way we want, at least you will bring it up to someone who is a liaison between the player base and the powers that be.

I plan to submit a request via the feedback form regarding the addition of vet reward sets on Test Center, and suggest that EVERYONE who loves deco do the same - that is probably a very reachable goal. After all, they gave us heritage tokens, arties, and other stuff there that was useful to test, when we asked for them.

Feedback form

Jeremy's email address: jdalberg AT ea.com

-Skylark
I hate to say it but I would recommend against writing this issue in. I think thats the reason heritage rugs got 'fixed' and now they can't be placed higher than ground floor level. They might decide to 'fix' all addons and make it so they all drop to the ground floor if they think there are problems with them. :p

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL...Sarsmi, I thought of that. In my feedback I didn't say a word about the evil things we do to add ons. I just asked for vet rewards on Test Center, pointing out that if we have a full set of ethies there already, why not just drop the whole set in. :D

-Skylark

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL...Sarsmi, I thought of that. In my feedback I didn't say a word about the evil things we do to add ons. I just asked for vet rewards on Test Center, pointing out that if we have a full set of ethies there already, why not just drop the whole set in. :D

-Skylark
Whew! I'm paranoid that one of these days someone will have a problem with trying to raise goza mats and innocently bug report it and then they will decide to make them no longer raise. That would be *sniffles* just awful!

A

Ashyn

*agrees* I didn't send feedback in and, short of letting you all know to spare your cannons, haven't said a word to any of the powers that be.

However, I did send in GM feedback as the GM was very polite and response - he simply had policy to follow whether I agree with it or not, but no I didn't mention exactly what the problem was, only my satisfaction with resolution and GM conduct.

Still, it disapoints me that so much difference exists between GM's and that while this one marked my account, another one may not for someone else. :bs:

But, who says life is ever fair?

-Ashyn