• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Backpacks and Maps

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone else having problems getting the EC to save keeping your backpack and map open when you log in???

90% of my characters seem bugged in this way.

O

Old Man of UO

All of my characters are bugged this way. The radar maps open every time, which I don't want or use. The main backpack remains closed but containers inside the main backpack open every time. I haven't found any way to stop this.

O

Old Man of UO

Ahh... just installed the Open Atlas and Open Inventory on start up Mods and those work for both the Stone-Enhanced and Lucis Mods. Try those two and it should save your settings.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
???? Installed what???? From where?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No I use Copper Enhanced..... however I'm having horrible problems with my backpacks and maps not opening on log in .

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I use Copper Enhanced..... however I'm having horrible problems with my backpacks and maps not opening on log in .
Same here - I have the suspiction that the auto-open of the EC and the auto-open of Copper Enhanced cancel each other out, resulting in a closed backpack and map on startup.

O

Old Man of UO

Copper_Enhanced and Stone_Enhanced are exactly the same except for textures. Try the auto-open mods... they work for me, but sometimes my backpack appears empty in the grid form.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Interface in this release should have an auto open backpack function included can be activated in the usersettings, if not it is comming :p.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Copper_Enhanced and Stone_Enhanced are exactly the same except for textures. Try the auto-open mods... they work for me, but sometimes my backpack appears empty in the grid form.
Where are these auto open mods????

O

Old Man of UO

Where are these auto open mods????
It looks like these mods were removed from the Modder website. I don't know why, but they haven't been updated and may not be completely compatible?? Not sure.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the opposite problem, uo always auto opens the map when i log in, and i have to keep closing it as i use cartog, (no biggy though)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like these mods were removed from the Modder website. I don't know why, but they haven't been updated and may not be completely compatible?? Not sure.
They were removed because the client remembers backpack, radar/atlas, and paperdoll open status automatically now (except for some backpacks, not sure why).

The "some backpacks" problem is one that the open-on-startup mods didn't handle.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They were removed because the client remembers backpack, radar/atlas, and paperdoll open status automatically now (except for some backpacks, not sure why).

The "some backpacks" problem is one that the open-on-startup mods didn't handle.
Well it's obviously a big bug that needs fixing. I'd say a good 90% of my characters and that's a bunch of characters trust me... do NOT Remember that I want the backpack, Paperdoll and map up on log in.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's obviously a big bug that needs fixing. I'd say a good 90% of my characters and that's a bunch of characters trust me... do NOT Remember that I want the backpack, Paperdoll and map up on log in.
Are you using an older version of Copper_Enhanced? Or did you install the new version of Copper_Enhanced without removing the old Copper_Enhanced?
The default client's auto-open logic only has issues with backpacks as far as I know, and it only happens for 2 or 3 of my characters (unless something broke over the past 2 weeks, since I haven't really had a chance to play lately).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are you using an older version of Copper_Enhanced? Or did you install the new version of Copper_Enhanced without removing the old Copper_Enhanced?
The default client's auto-open logic only has issues with backpacks as far as I know, and it only happens for 2 or 3 of my characters (unless something broke over the past 2 weeks, since I haven't really had a chance to play lately).
Yes I"m using the most recent one.... Yes I removed the old before installing the new.....

But most every character I have is bugged but not always in the same way.... some of them their paperdoll is not up, some no backpack, map or paperdoll, some have no backpack...... just seems rather random... I wish I could fix it... If it weren't such a PITA..... I would have tried saving all my user data and uninstalling and reinstalling UO to see if that would fix it... but I don't have 6 hours to waste doing that.