• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back to UO

M

MistChiLum

where do we get parrots?
please dont say buy from others..:link:

Where do we get dreeds the new black horse?
:link:

any other new stuff you care to share please link me up.
I have not played in 4 years, seems I have missed allot!:link:

Thank you!:)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Parrots are occasional loot from the named creatures added in Mondain's Legacy. They can also be part of the loot for the ML quests that give "a strongbox" as the loot type. Two such quests that are repeatable are "the ancient world" quest chain in Heartwood, and the Bedlam entrance quest chain of the Mistress of Admissions in Umbra, by the bloodletters (Bedlam's entrance is the iron maiden in the shop). The rarest colors come the loot of the peerless bosses (Dreadhorn, Melisande, etc.)

The Dread Warhorse is currently unavailable, being from an event a few months ago, but the devs say that they (and the nasty npcs that ride them) will be returning in publish 56, which should be in a few weeks.

M

MistChiLum

Parrots are occasional loot from the named creatures added in Mondain's Legacy. They can also be part of the loot for the ML quests that give "a strongbox" as the loot type. Two such quests that are repeatable are "the ancient world" quest chain in Heartwood, and the Bedlam entrance quest chain of the Mistress of Admissions in Umbra, by the bloodletters (Bedlam's entrance is the iron maiden in the shop). The rarest colors come the loot of the peerless bosses (Dreadhorn, Melisande, etc.)

The Dread Warhorse is currently unavailable, being from an event a few months ago, but the devs say that they (and the nasty npcs that ride them) will be returning in publish 56, which should be in a few weeks.
is their anything I have missed?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, if you're Mondain's Legacy enabled (have ML or 9th Anniversary edition), you might want to check out the recipe system in Heartwood for any crafters you may had. The heartwood entrance is in the center of Yew in Trammel/Felluca, and Yew has been "de-swampified". Magincia was reduced to rubble-strewn foundations with no people or buildings other than player houses on the beach by an invasion last year that was supposed to mirror the destruction of the "city of Pride" in the original Ultima games (around the time of Ultima IV). (we've had music in the game named "New Magincia" from the early days, yet it took the "old" Magincia 10 years to be destroyed). Current in-game events are an Avatar-less analogue of the events of Ultima V, as well as setting the underpinnings for inclusion of the lore (and gargoyles) of Ultima Underworld with the new expansion coming up early next year.

10th anniversary artifacts have been dropping over a year, now, in the classic dungeons that are "opposed" to the virtues. this includes 7 of 8 parts of the "virtue suit", a blessed, non-med, all-70s resist suit (the last part, the cloak, is from a quest that originally started in Magincia, but is now in the Trinsic Fisherman's Guild)

Spellbooks can now be made with modifiers, including slayer properties.

The new ML woods can be used to enhance/craft bows & carpentry weapons & armor (there's an elf-only armor type made of wood), and their bonuses for material are much more varied than the metal bonuses for tinkering & smithing.

There are fletching and carpentry runics available from the Heartwood crafting quests. Smith & tailor runics got a massive upgrade (both have all their maximum property intensity go to 100% for all runics, with the minimum intensities on the properties being raised), as well as several long-standing bugs removed (where properties would be less than the minimum number).

If you do Bulk Order deeds, in 2005 they made it to where the 6-hour timer reset if you turned in a BOD, so that you could immediately get a replacement BOD for each one you turn in. This has allowed a lot of small-timer crafters to finally get greater numbers of good BODs, by filling all the smalls they used to toss, and requesting a new BOD after each one. They fixed the bug that caused too many colored smith larges and too few iron ones, and made it where the number of smith iron armor BODs went down (and colored BODs went up) if you have 110 or 120 real Smith skill, so that at 120 Smith you get 50% weapons BODs, 45% colored Iron Armor BODs, and only 5% iron armor BODs (and you can fill the weapons quickly and cheaply to get new BODs). In the 6+ months since the change, in about 3000 BODs, I've gotten all but 1 of the BODs for a verite hammer, and several smalls for a Valorite one, by turning in lots of iron smalls for replacements (getting about 8-12 BODs a day, after throwing away junk color BODs, filling the iron BODs repeatedly until left with only keepers & colored junk to throw away).

BTW, if you need to do Heartwood-type stuff on a red, the ML dungeon Sanctuary (across the valley from Griselda the Hag) allows Reds into its "town" area, but you got to run one hell of a gauntlet of repond spawn to get back there, with a lot of false turns, and has most of the same quests as Heartwood.

There is frankly a lot more content than most people think, added in the last 4 years, including some really nice pets (the rune beetle, the hiryu, the cu sidhe and the greater dragon) for Tamers. But I don't know much about taming. One can learn the new spell-casting skill Spellweaving in Heartwood to Sanctuary. Haven got blown up by Followers of Armegeddon playing with Blackrock, and New haven appeared through a time rift overnight (the real reason was to get rid of some massively bugged landscape, and introduce the accelerated gain quests for both clients, and the new character quest for Kingdom Reborn - the last makes it worth starting a new character in KR, even if that's the only time you ever use the client).

Beyond this minor list of things, there's a lot more, so try to find someone friendly in game to show you around to all the new places, and the new equipment.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basara, aka Encyclopedia UO, pretty much filled in the gaps for the most part. (His amount of knowledge is scarry sometimes) But if you still need some help, and you play on Catskills, give me a shout. I'd be happy to give you a hand.

M

MistChiLum

Thank you so very much for the information.I last played on drachenfels I am still there. brought 5 players from lineageII with me and they are new to Ultima and Love it.what is with doom curse artifacts people are selling where did they get curse?When I last played none was curse..:hug:

T

T_Amon_from_work

Cursed items have the tag of "Cursed" on them. Basically, they are not blessed nor can they be insured. If you die with a cursed item on you, it will be on your corpse upon resurrection.

Take a look in the Player FAQ stickied in here ... I bet a lot of your friends will get some answers there as well on the basic items. The Anti-Virtue dungeon list is there - those are where the 10th Anniv Armor pieces may drop.

And Black_Sun is soooo on the mark about Basara and the Encyclopedia of Brittania mind of his.