• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back to School!

• Thread starter Sally Bumblefoot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sally Bumblefoot

Ok, it has been a LONG time since I started a thread and I have been bad about even reading lately so I figured I would start one (OK Elga, this is for you!! lol)

I am taking a couple computer classes at a local college, Java and Graphic Design for the Web. I am doing this to help with our video game. The Java class is 4 hours on Wed mornings and I have to say my brain is fried after the first hour!! The professor gives us breaks whenever SHE needs one. Unfortunately, she NEVER needs one! Man, I hate Wednesdays!!!!

Also, for the game, we have an 8 hour get together to discuss and work on game stuff. Seeing as most are in the SF area it works out well. I join in on video Skype. It is a lot of fun. Problem is the meetings are 3-11 or later on Sunday nights. Sunday runs are now impossible for either Josh or I. This week the meeting is Saturday so maybe I can try to make it. Life is totally crazy!!:drool:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, it has been a LONG time since I started a thread and I have been bad about even reading lately so I figured I would start one (OK Elga, this is for you!! lol)

I am taking a couple computer classes at a local college, Java and Graphic Design for the Web. I am doing this to help with our video game. The Java class is 4 hours on Wed mornings and I have to say my brain is fried after the first hour!! The professor gives us breaks whenever SHE needs one. Unfortunately, she NEVER needs one! Man, I hate Wednesdays!!!!

Also, for the game, we have an 8 hour get together to discuss and work on game stuff. Seeing as most are in the SF area it works out well. I join in on video Skype. It is a lot of fun. Problem is the meetings are 3-11 or later on Sunday nights. Sunday runs are now impossible for either Josh or I. This week the meeting is Saturday so maybe I can try to make it. Life is totally crazy!!:drool:
Java..:wall:
Graphic design is cool, like Photoshop stuff, but Java also makes my head spin!

Hope you can make it on Sunday, we still have a decent crowd! 8 hours? Do they get anything accomplished in those 8 hours? Hope they let you take breaks, or is it only when JOSH needs to? haha

Thanks for updating us!! :thumbup:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

LOL Yeah we do get a ton of stuff done at the meetings. I have each of the modelers working on different things but they work on their separate projects at the same location during this time. They can help each other and I am right there if they have a question about historical accuracy. We can also settle issues that come up, like render angles, village layouts, and such. It usually works that one will have questions for me and then another will be tweaking something else and then shows me. Josh is usually on the other side of the room with the programmers. It really is unstructured and a lot of fun but very effective.

I love the Graphic Design class! We haven't gotten to do much yet but with my art background I enjoy it. But that Java......it is so much more difficult than the C Object that the Torque Game Engine uses. At least that one makes a little sense......self-documenting so to speak. Oh well, only 14 more classes!!! Yeah Baby!!:thumbup1:

G

Granjell

Wow Susan, how awesome! Thanks for the update on the project. I like playing the games rather than all that behind the scenes stuff - sounds like A LOT of work.

If you think you're gonna be there on Sunday, maybe I'll try to make it also. Granny needs a DA or two, but if Lawn has her notices, maybe I'll switch out.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Hey Marge,

If I know YOU will be there I will definitely try my best!! Things are just so nuts. I have a bunch of painting orders to do too....there aren't enough hours in the day! If you PM me when you have an idea if you are going to DA I will try to log on and help with at least one of them...I need to resurrect my trees too! I know tomorrow from 3 PM on is out for me but anytime before that or even tonight will work. I have it set so it will go right to my email so I will get the message.

Wouldn't it be great if we could get a bunch of old-timers out for this weeks runs???

I am having a blast with the game stuff. If you tried it I think you would get hooked too. I am learning so much and pushing myself in ways I never thought possible. Ok, maybe it isnt ME doing the pushing but the effect is the same!!!

C

CaptRex

I can say that it is if you consider it as your hobby.. It's fun to do such things.. I'm just hoping that I can do that...

C

Crazy Fireball

Try being a high schooler with all the complaining girls fighting with boyfriends and causing drama - miss that?

Anyway good luck to you, and have fun at school.