• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back to Britannian bank??

M

Mr hawk

Hello,

What ever happen to the back to Britannian bank idea? Was anything said at the meeting going to be put into place? A gate from luna>brit, brit<luna. We all know it can be done after seeing the toad town event, hosted 2 weeks ago? Looking at the other post, it looks like 80+% of the voters want to head back to brit bank. And yes i know there will be posts like "If people wanted to go there, they would". But with no easy way of getting to brit bank, the people will not head there.

Lets get out of the 12x9 rectangle of greed.
Thank you for your time,
Hawk

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without a dedicated bank to and from Luna and brit there are still plenty of easy ways to get to each one. Lots more ways than there were years ago. I think the EMs are giving way to much stuff and making everyone's life way too easy in this game. I know for me personally that the day I stop seeing any challenges in this game is the day I stop playing it.

B

Beleth of Atlantic

How is adding a gate and promoting Brit bank useage taking away challenge?

I sense someone owns a Luna home or has some underlying reason for wanting Luna to be populated.

I think what the EM's are trying to do for the server is a good thing and should continue.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spriggan and I have kinda taken a long weekend, what with the holiday and all.

Rest assured this is not something we have forgotten about.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad they can't lead in those super turkeys into the Luna bank to murder all the passer bys like they are doing at the West Brit Bank right now.

Tell me again why they turn the guard call off? Running off any possible community from the WBB, I'd say. :coco:

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I sense someone owns a Luna home or has some underlying reason for wanting Luna to be populated.

I think what the EM's are trying to do for the server is a good thing and should continue.
First Off I don't own a Luna home. I would love for everyone to be at brit bank once again. But as someone else posted earlier in the thread... If people really want to be at brit then they would be there. Putting in a dedicated gate won't encourage people to go and stay at brit. It just means they can go back and forth easily and whenever they want. Plus brit moongate is not that far away and everyone knows how to get to it. Why not just run to it and then go to Luna gate and same thing to go back?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question… would the active (live) trade population have abandoned the West Brit Bank IF there was never an invasion?

It wasn’t just 1 invasion… the staff saw fit to invade the old cities time after time after time until no one trusted the safety and security of the West Brit Bank. I don’t know if it was the tradition of all shards that the WBB was the trade center, but here on Atlantic… when I was first playing, the lag was so bad at the WBB, the best I could do was hang way off to the side and sell pets or whatever higher end goods I could get my hands on. I would easily debate it was irresponsible management that caused the community to fail. No question, Luna was the worst change to the world of UO for making common shoppers lazy and sellers greedy. It will never change until active steps are made to correct the sins of the past.

All joking aside… there needs to be realistic steps made to “bitter the pill” of Lagtown. An area is NEVER invaded… NEVER suffers any kind of drama of the rest of the world. It needs to suffer invasions!!! More so, the staff shouldn’t turn off the guard call as monsters are led into the common cities to murder the innocent bystanders. It's not like… in the history of UO, that the selfish and corrupt wont find every way possible to exploit and corrupt the system or anything.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I do agree NO city should be free from invasion. Luna the "city of good" should be randomly invaded by Umbra the "city of the dead" on occasion if nothing else, and vice versa. You don't have to make the invasion overpowering like with the Generals during the Brit invasion. Just difficult enough to kill the afk bank sitters is all. No sense in insta killing someone out shopping or conducting banking business etc, just enough of an invasion to keep folks on their toes is all.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First Off I don't own a Luna home. I would love for everyone to be at brit bank once again. But as someone else posted earlier in the thread... If people really want to be at brit then they would be there. Putting in a dedicated gate won't encourage people to go and stay at brit. It just means they can go back and forth easily and whenever they want. Plus brit moongate is not that far away and everyone knows how to get to it. Why not just run to it and then go to Luna gate and same thing to go back?
I just cant agree with this. It doesn't make any sense that a gate was put from Brit bank to Luna, but no way get back to Brit bank... Yes theres the moongate, but if your making that run maybe 10 times in an hour, it adds up.

I dont know why the gate from Brit Bank to luna was put there in the first place, but it does suck people right out of Britain.

It cant be that hard code wise to put a gate from Luna to Brit, or at least make Brit Bank an option at the current luna moongate.

This topic has come up time and time again. It always comes down to "If we could just have a gate" and i think just that simple little thing would make many many players happy.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This topic has come up time and time again. It always comes down to "If we could just have a gate" and i think just that simple little thing would make many many players happy.
I have always thought it was REALLY stupid of them to put moongates to cities and have them well outside the city when you go thru them. A lesson they seemed to have learned with AOS {Umbra IN the city - Luna IN the city}, yet they still have the old Tram and Fel ones well away from the towns. Some things just make absolutely no sense. But now if you move them folks would be pissed about losing the gate at their moongate vendor mall.