• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back Nine Etiquette?

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this morning I did my first back 9 in Nutty River. The toons I went with were seasoned vets and I was the noob. I know like in DA's, you sound on the skelecogs, ALWAYS. Does the back nine have any etiquette like this? I had two things, were I was actually "stunk" at by another toon..

1. During the mole hunt I was running across the entire puzzle to stomp moles and I got a whisper "Stop That!". So are you to take a quadrant and stick with it? I would assume that makes the most sense, but I've always just took on the entire board.

2. When everyone runs out of sound..what do you do? I threw a Sound Unite as I was mostly getting sounds gags on the puzzles. Now two other toons said "No." "Let's Use Sound!" "Sorry I can't". Obviously they probably got the other gags and couldn't get any of the sound unite. It benefited another toon and we were able to sound the rest of the course. Do you just not sound if everyone has ran out?

I'm obviously a back nine NOOB and I don't want to get stunk for doing something that I shouldn't have..:loser:

L

Little Sadie

1. Take a quandrant and stay there. That is annoying running around. LOL!

2. Sounds like the other toons had no room for the unite when you used it. When I do back nines I only take 60 gags in with me. Never take a full bag of gags. It is much easier to earn back sound gags when going in with a smaller load. Even though I take in 60 I always come out with a lot more gags. I love when toons use a sound unite when we are all out of sound. The toons might not have come in with a small bag of gags too and got the useless ones in the game. Always save room for better gags.

Whatever you do, don't use any other unite. I remember Eric going in with me and using a drop unite. LOL! He literally filled my bag with drop and had no room for other gags. LOL!

S

soupandquackers

The mazes are alot different too. I havent failed one in a long time because i figured it out. Like sadie said pick a corner and stay put, but i have never had a problem when people use unites but alot of times i have no room. The cog ball game is annoying because you rarely get sound, mostly canes and big weights. You should start carrying more aoogahs if u dont already. Good luck next time noob! :p

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In some of the groups I've gone in, we sound the cogs first, then use other gags like drop and squirt to kill the remaining skelecogs. This helps some to conserve your sound gags. The puzzles often help some to regain those, but the last run I was on, I got more magnets and fruit pies than anything else. :rant2:

K

Kippy

1. During the mole hunt I was running across the entire puzzle to stomp moles and I got a whisper "Stop That!". So are you to take a quadrant and stick with it? I would assume that makes the most sense, but I've always just took on the entire board.
pick a quadrant and stomp only those 9 holes, if they wanted you to run in circles, they would of made it circular shaped :lick:
Pick a corner and stay there!

2. When everyone runs out of sound..what do you do? I threw a Sound Unite as I was mostly getting sounds gags on the puzzles. Now two other toons said "No." "Let's Use Sound!" "Sorry I can't". Obviously they probably got the other gags and couldn't get any of the sound unite. It benefited another toon and we were able to sound the rest of the course. Do you just not sound if everyone has ran out?
Never EVER fill up your gags, under 65 is usualy ok, (make sure you bring 3 fogs, 7 eles and 10 aoogahs) we found out that if you avoid using storm clouds, sound is easier to get back.

first set of cogs: 1 fog and 3 eles then 1 lure and 3 pies on skele
second set of cogs: 2 fogs and 2 aoogahs then 2 tnt's and a lure or 2 aoogahs and 2 pianos or 1 lure, 1 tnt, 1 trap door and a piano.

working it that way, we rarely ran out of sound.

Z

ZippyW

Okay, my problem with this stuff, although I may agree that some may be the most efficient way, is just how are average toons who don't belong to Stratics or CCG supposed to know these "rules." Where is it written that you ONLY use sound on skelecogs and why stink someone if they use something else when it's not written down somewhere or even get irritated at them? I rarely go to Boss HQ myself, have little-to-no interest in it, but I would certainly NEVER stink someone because they lured and caked some skelecogs!! I just don't understand the attitude that there are certain rules for throwing certain gags, and feel like if there ARE, then there should be speed chat phrases for them too like "don't use sound on lured cogs" although we all know THAT one can certainly be ignored at times too. I guess I'm a renegade. I just get puzzled that someone would be upset because some other toon used a T-storm instead of a b-day cake!! LOL! Is it REALLY that big a deal to people? :gun::gun::gun::gun:

G

Granjell

My question regards the less than 65 gags. Do you carry less blue mags, no drop, what do you NOT bring? I've never done a Back 9, but just in case....

L

Little Sadie

I bring 3 fogs, 7 eles, and 10 aoogahs. I bring the most I can for my level 6 gags. After that I bring 3 pixie dust and as couple of safes. Nothing else. No level 5s except for TU, some safes, and sound.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always stuck to a quadrant unless I find myself flying through the air. :loser:

The whole concept of not bringing in a full load of gags is very interesting though. Excellent tip! Thanks!

S

soupandquackers

Okay, my problem with this stuff, although I may agree that some may be the most efficient way, is just how are average toons who don't belong to Stratics or CCG supposed to know these "rules." Where is it written that you ONLY use sound on skelecogs and why stink someone if they use something else when it's not written down somewhere or even get irritated at them? I rarely go to Boss HQ myself, have little-to-no interest in it, but I would certainly NEVER stink someone because they lured and caked some skelecogs!! I just don't understand the attitude that there are certain rules for throwing certain gags, and feel like if there ARE, then there should be speed chat phrases for them too like "don't use sound on lured cogs" although we all know THAT one can certainly be ignored at times too. I guess I'm a renegade. I just get puzzled that someone would be upset because some other toon used a T-storm instead of a b-day cake!! LOL! Is it REALLY that big a deal to people? :gun::gun::gun::gun:
Its no big deal when people use t-storm in place of throw, but if your doing back 9's then you should know what to do when battling cogs.

F

Flippers

It is common practice to keep magnets to a minimum and not even bring fruit pies or seltzer or canes to the run. in fact you might want to bring only two dusts and nothing low. yes, the seasoned toons bring 60-70 gags and no more :)

As for mole stomp: If you're with friends it's one thing when you like to run a round, but etiquette for all CGCs is to take a quadrant and stick with it.

The mazes arent different but more that they are tagged one after the other. People running multiple toons will go to the side which sucks if you cant get out, and if you're the only one who is playing straight and going to the mazes the door from molestomp sticks and takes a while to respond to you.

Back 9s are very glitchy. Most toons have found just doing the 6s is better. You'll have to see how your luck holds out doing the big ones.

btw big toons who run these are not doing accepted strategy because they are with Stratics or CCG. It's just passed on from toon to toon. If any, protocol was established by the test toons and posted on TTC.

S

susan4633

wow thanks for the info! i always stick to a quadrant, but i also always go in fully loaded w gags. i won't in the future. i'll also try not to use cloud and see if i am fortunate enough to get fog back.

the most i've done is a middle 6 and i thought that was endless...the back 9 may wait a bit more to see moonlight mcboo...but now i'm done with law i suppose boss is inevitable... *sigh*

see you in cgc..

PS...GO DAWGS!

S

soupandquackers

PS...GO DAWGS![/QUOTE]

Got that right!! I only do a back 9 once every time i need options. I do multiple 6's, they go faster and the break in between them helps alot.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for your info/input! That's a good point about not coming with full gags, will try to remember that. That back nine took about an hour even with those awesome toons. If I ever go with someone who doesn't know what's going on, I'll probably spaz. Needing 3400 SO's though, that one B9 left me 50 short, so that was sweet. IDK though, I have a feeling it's going to take me awhile to work through law..:scholar:

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDK though, I have a feeling it's going to take me awhile to work through law..:scholar:
Didn't you just max law? :lick:

I ended up going in the back 9 last night. A horde of little toons waiting to hop on in the front 3. I mean little toons -- ones who would get shuffled in the factory, let alone CGC. Noone at the mid 6. I was half asleep by the time we finished.