• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back at last

M

milan

Just got a new PC after an unbelievable wait, over 6 months, (please dont ask) and now I'm not sure how to get the most up to date version of the game on my new machine. Do I just download kingdom reborn or do I need other software?

Help please

K

Kiminality

Dont use KR for sure
rolleyes:

If you have good enough broadband to handle the download (>4.5GB), without too much inconvenience, give KR a try.
There's a fair chance that you won't like it, but if it's not a big inconvenience, it can't hurt to try. There is a portion of the playerbase that use the KR client dedicatedly, and more that use it for things like crafting.
Along with fans, KR also has its haters. Don't listen to either side, and make your own decision.

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/uo/
The files with UOKR in the filename are Kingdom Reborn. the other is 2D.
Use a download manager of some kind, since default browser DL managers are really unreliable with large files.

M

milan

Thx for the help so far . I have downloaded KR and it runs fine but is so different from the game I remember.

Just a couple of questions.

Does KR run with uo assist? I can't seem to get it to work.

What would be the most up to date 2d version available?

My account is now 98 months - are there still polar bear ethies?

Thx again and if I'm posting on the wrong board please let me know

K

Kith Kanan

KR dont run with uo assistent , and yes you can claim a polar bear ethy if your acc age is high enough.

KR can do alot of things with itsmacro system that UOA can thou so not a major disadvantage , only thing I miss is being able to link with peopel using uo automap for PvP :(

M

milan

Thx for the advice so far. What account age for polars? my account is 99 months.

S

s20dan

Since u downloaded KR (good on you mate), you should check out the KR forum on this site. There are addons on this site that fix 99% of the problems that people complain about.
Oh and the KR map can do pretty much everything that UOAM could do, it will show party members locations, it can be moved and zoomed, it can be made to look like the real map (In full colour), and it can even show the T-map locations if u download them.
Also addons to make the interface more like regular UO.

KR Forum - http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=281
KR Addons site - http://modders-exchange.illandril.net/