• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Baby Baby, We did it again!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
[bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)]Hey, that is cool. But, I have to ask, were there a lot of non GIL folks involved?

We do a lot of community events on Siege where, despite the ability to screw it up more than other shards, we still play nice.

I don't remember seeing an announcement that we would be trying for the record again (though to be fair I've spent much of the last two days with my head in a toilet).
[/bcolor]
Just seems like if the shard were involved it would mean a little more to say Siege beat the record.

Still, nice work. Just thought I should remind you guys there are other players out here that don't wear red capes.

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely someone mentioned in mumble "guys, maybe we should stop at 255... we don't want it to go back to 0"

Zalfein

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
]
Still, nice work. Just thought I should remind you guys there are other players out here that don't wear red capes.
I was part of previous attempts and I can tell you it was very technical. It felt like being part of an orchestra. A lot of discipline and patience is involved. The only reason Siege is able to beat prodos (with more people and easier ruleset) is because of the knowledge accumulated, teamwork and leadership involved. If it was just a matter of numbers, Atlantic would be #1.

I would personally think that they don't want this knowledge to leak to other shards.

Zalfein

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I missed it, thought it was cancelled. Still a nice work, even when it is more GIL than Siege that deserve the respect for doing it.
Discipline and patience is not my strongest skills, so not sure how much help I would had been.
Think that's a matter of trust or distrust, others was left out, who could had been a great help.
GIL did it for Siege, so it's all fine.

*Fixed a few errors in the post that did not make sense*

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a 100% PVMer myself I have to agree with Zal: Its not a question of sheer numbers but skill, coordination and doing the job that has been assigned to you. Its about dedication. 9.5 h of work. Imangine how much time would have been lost for integrating newcomers and explaining all the strategies... Honestly, most of us wouldn't even had enjoyed it. Such a task is a question of discipline and can be done much better with a team that sticks together and knows each other and has a team of leaders, everybody follows...

Just my 5 cents! Adorable work!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and trust is an issue too. Imagine, you had prepared for weeks, gathered a lot of people, coordinated the free time, fought for 9.2 hours and then a partycrasher came and attacked. This would have been a MEGA frustrating desaster. I would have planned it exactly the same way...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congratulations on a task that I'm sure wasn't easy...

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know how you feel Garth, as a guild master for the second largest guild, I was invited too, thought it was cancelled.

Trust is a funny thing :p

If you show people trust, they honor it, and you can trust them. If you show them, that you do not trust them, they do not feel they own you anything.

I'm human too, and right now, my feelings are, I don't own GIL anything. I know that is not true, they do a lot good for the shard and for me and my guild too, but that do not changes how distrust make me feel.

If you want someone to screw you, just show them, you don't trust them. Now I'm better than that but it is a very strong feeling, hard to fight. I will get over it but it hurt.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first void pool event wasn't faked, it was announced and then cancelled. I still have Hoffs' message where he explains the reasons... These people are doing great events and simply don't want them to be destroyed, especially if those events mean alot of work that nobody else wants to invest. I cannot understand the criticism. I mean, its their time, their devotion, their work and their risk and they can fo whatever they want with their time. Everybody else can organize events, too...

I am not GIL, but in this very case I 100% understand. They simply acted professional.

I really like you all very much and I am still new to this shard, but there is a bit overreaction in the air at the moment ;)

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The title Baby Baby, We did it again!

It was not Siege, it was GIL who did it. Still a great job.

I know I'm not in my best mood right now, I will get back to normal.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm sorry for my comments but that's how I feel right now

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I
Surely someone mentioned in mumble "guys, maybe we should stop at 255... we don't want it to go back to 0"

Zalfein
I wanted to go to 300 just for the hell of it, but things like "you're crazy" and "you get the tar, i already have the feathers" were overheard. I decided that 255 was probably good enough . . .

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I

I wanted to go to 300 just for the hell of it, but things like "you're crazy" and "you get the tar, i already have the feathers" were overheard. I decided that 255 was probably good enough . . .
Besides you were punch drunk from kissing that Covetour Wyrm. I lost count how many times your face hit the dirt.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hate the fact that I was invited to the "fake void pool" event. Oh well....
Garth and Freja, there was nothing fake about it at all. Some things just happened that made us decide to cancel it, that´s all.
And think of it this way guys, if we didn´t trust you both then we wouldn´t have invited you in the first place. You´re both good people IMO.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
smh.... The first one was cancelled because word got out about it. Plain and simple. Freja, If I remember correctly you had told us the first time around you didn't want to be a part of it. Correct me if I'm wrong. That you thought you couldn't add to the waves. Possibly that's why you weren't there for the second date? I'm just floored that people actually think that the first date was a set up. Possibly the green giant is involved here.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
smh.... The first one was cancelled because word got out about it. Plain and simple. Freja, If I remember correctly you had told us the first time around you didn't want to be a part of it. Correct me if I'm wrong. That you thought you couldn't add to the waves. Possibly that's why you weren't there for the second date? I'm just floored that people actually think that the first date was a set up. Possibly the green giant is involved here.
Not all correct, I wanted to help but I was worried, that I would not be to much help as I did not want to changes my template for the case.
No I do know the first one was cancelled. As there was no action on the Void Pool forum, I thought the whole thing was cancelled. I don't blame GIL for that or for me not being there to the second one, that's ok.

What made me feel distrusted was, TDO and FYOU was in towns sunday and noone else was there. I should had remembered what date it was, guess I'm getting old :p. I ICQ'ed Hoffs, asked why GIL not was doing VvV.
Got no reply. Then I ICQ'ed Sara, who told me Hoffs would post on their forum and told me, she was sorry, and told me to read Hoffs post.

Hoffs posted they was to few for VvV. No lies in that, as they all was on PvM chars but I am very disappointed, they could just had reminded me, that it was the Void Poll day. I call it distrust, but it is to late to changes that.

GIL and a few others did an amazing job with the Void Poll, respect for that. :thumbsup:

GIL have to do thing their way, but I do understand some feel left out.

Last edited:

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wait a bit. - Japanese Shards will hit back for sure. And if we want then to beat them again, we shall need all the help we can get. - Could not do it really much longer. my arcane focus was at 11 minutes left, when we stopped.

So for the next time, we need lots People more.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just wait a bit. - Japanese Shards will hit back for sure. And if we want then to beat them again, we shall need all the help we can get. - Could not do it really much longer. my arcane focus was at 11 minutes left, when we stopped.

So for the next time, we need lots People more.
Ya very true, we will need a lot more to do it the next time. It was really hard on most that were there, very few left, (real life) only to return. I just hope that the next time is a very long time off. I do not wish to go through another 9.2 hrs of that. I would say that I think our event was by far much harder then any prodo shard event of the Void Pool. Needing the Dex to push through everything makes it harder for most that require str/dex/int on their character. Having to balance that here takes from areas that I am sure that on prodo shards they would not worry about. If they REALLY wish to break Siege's Record today, "Tell them to do it in Felucca".

Oh and a arcane circle and lots of NPC healers would be nice to have as well down there. Maybe we can get that as a part of the Pool?

Last edited:

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is on Siege there will always be those few who wish to defeat us. Not sure why....they hate Gil...love pvp...no idea...but its always gonna have to be kept a secret in my opinion.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Problem is on Siege there will always be those few who wish to defeat us. Not sure why....they hate Gil...love pvp...no idea...but its always gonna have to be kept a secret in my opinion.
I dont agree chargar. When was the last time a public net toss was ruined by pvp? Last Saturday there were at least four different guilds at the Doom pvm event, two of which are outspoken pvp groups. Everyone worked great together.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As I said, it about trust. Sure some are more for PvP, but the Void Pool event was about the shard and to prove to other shards, what we can do. I can't see why someone would ruin that.

Here is the reaction, from one sure not invited. I see no hate in this words, I only see respect. He got the info while speaking with me. No names allowed here.

they were doing the void pool today with 30 chars
void pool hit level 255 in 9.5 hrs
man
just saying man about the 9.5 hrs thing was very long

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well my suggestion would be that for those who don't like the way it was handled to start a group of your own and try to beat the record. Maybe then, you will see how much time it takes to organize, set up, etc etc and accomplish such a feat. Maybe then there wont be so many haters. :) I wont speak on this subject again. Sorry I am run by my emotions. hahahaha

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, rereading my posts here, I'm not sure where I was anything but civil. I congratulated you guys on the record, and even admitted I had been sick so possibly missed an announcement. I simply made the point that Siege is more than GIL. Claiming a record for Siege might be easier and promote a stronger sense of community if, you know, it involved Siege. I'm not detracting from what you guys did at all. Now that I know there was an invite list that did include non GIL, my first point is moot. However, I still stand by my statement that the shard generally DOES play well together on community events. I submit to you that, instead of getting mad at that statement and refusing to participate further in the discussion, you try to acknowledge that possibly there are more people on the shard who AREN'T murderous *******s than you seem to think.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree with ya Silent....I guess I'm referring to the posts that state Gil made up a "fake" void pool date and cancelled it just so we could only have Gil around, which was far from the case.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well my suggestion would be that for those who don't like the way it was handled to start a group of your own and try to beat the record. Maybe then, you will see how much time it takes to organize, set up, etc etc and accomplish such a feat. Maybe then there wont be so many haters. :)
Chargar I know it took a hell of work, I also know, we can't manage that. I'm not a hater and I don't believe they are. I believe most if not all have respect for what GIL and a few others did to put our shard on top again

I wont speak on this subject again. Sorry I am run by my emotions. hahahaha
I was run by mine yesterday, it's ok. Your guys did a hell of work, and feel you only get blamed, you have all right to be disappointed too.
The choices GIL made worked, you got the job done. Thanks
I and many others can't do it, we don't know what it take and really we would never try.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Much to do about nothing... It could make for some interesting Governors meetings. Maybe.

In my opinion this is mostly a misunderstanding. Forum posts and quick ICQs while one party is somewhat preoccupied can lead to misunderstanding and frustration. Hoffs clearly stated in the White Council Public Forum that their crew would not be around. I was actually surprised they tipped their hand.

I will second the part about preparation and precision. There is no place for loose, random or undisciplined. I am all of those things. *winks*

What we could do as a shard is try to learn when to communicate and work together. And when looting is fair game and not condemned. We have a damn good thing going here. The White Council is Order. the White Council is Virtue. I understand what they have created. My old crew tried to do it once... I jumped the shark too soon. I remember when Gilfane was built around an inn and stable somewhere in Malas. They are the good guys...

The rest of us? Not so much 'eh? Just saying. I have been wrong before.

I will agree with the sentiment that I hope this record stands for awhile. We could talk in the meantime. *smiles*

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Congrats to everyone in GiL on this thats great. Im not trying to take anything away from it I know it takes a ton of strategy to pull something like this off. But lets not try to glorify the fact that it was done it fel. There is little to no risk involved in any thing you do here. In fact I cant think of one active pk on Siege right now. You can do multiple despise runs, and spam in gen chat that coon is up everytime and no one is going to raid you. Hell people even post on here about public pvm events and nothing ever happens. A short while back you could never get away with something like that. You can pretty much do anything you want here at any time. Even when I was pking the last place I would check was the void pool if I ever did at all. I cant say the same for the japenese shards if they would have to fight off pks while doing it would be very difficult. Again im not hating, but like what was said before the only thing you would have to deal with in fel is getting stam blocked constantly.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@absolutezero: I like your reasonable post. I hope you like the idea that the shard is meeting for public events every now and then without getting raided. If so, you are cordially invited to join, as those monsters are a major threat towards public safety of Sosaria. We need every brave woman and man for these tasks. As humans, elves and gargoyles we need to rally around one flag to throw back the unnatural creatures. Afterwards we can kill each other ;)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am not a task four you. You can kill me for 2-3 hours, if you want but that would be really boring for you. But I like the idea to do a major PVM-hunt first (like 17!!! White Nets) in a peaceful atmosphere - and after everybody dropped his/her loot at home or in the bank we can meet for a mass brawl in a VvV-city. There is no reasonable Argument why we couldnt do that. Except we dont fish up enough Osiredons and are finished too fast - and there is still a considerable number of people who wants to fight another Boss (which I can always prepare)...

I like being killed by you. 2 x so far. Last time you were webbed at Navreys Lair but we werent fast enough to find out ;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe we need make some PvP events too. Maybe some duels, or attack of player towns. I will try to find some ideas for Safe Haven.