• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Babies? Children? Teens?

S

SirSurpent

What does anyone else think of TSO incorporating Sims being able to have babies, and then being able to watch them grow up into kids, then teens, etc.?

Yes, I know this is possible in the Sims off-line, but why not on TSO? I mean, you can get married in TSO, so why not have a few children, who would eventually disappear once they hit 21 (as in real life)?

Seriously, though, the Devs could even make it an incentive to bolster the population of EA-Land! The incentive being, that for each baby that you and your significant other "create" (limit say 5), you'd recieve say an extra $1,000 simoleans a month for cost of living and such!

Or maybe I'm just dreaming...

I

imported_sullimix

Sorry done raising children... I really don't want it in my game! I know others may like the idea and I am all for it for everyone else. I just know that is something I would never do ingame.

C

calvinscreeksim

Obvious money scheme could develope, and who wants mafia child products running around when the mafia players are already under 18 lol.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

What does anyone else think of TSO incorporating Sims being able to have babies, and then being able to watch them grow up into kids, then teens, etc.?

Yes, I know this is possible in the Sims off-line, but why not on TSO? I mean, you can get married in TSO, so why not have a few children, who would eventually disappear once they hit 21 (as in real life)?

Seriously, though, the Devs could even make it an incentive to bolster the population of EA-Land! The incentive being, that for each baby that you and your significant other "create" (limit say 5), you'd recieve say an extra $1,000 simoleans a month for cost of living and such!

[/ QUOTE ]

You are joking, right??? Isn't there enough kids running around this city??

A

ayla02

I agree. NO!!! I do not want a screeming kid tugging at my skirt when I am Pizzaing. I raised my kids and do not want to play raising toon kids LOL. Less Baby talk and more Pizza!

I

Inge Jones

Yes, well, many of us do flirts and blow kisses just to keep each other's social up while in the factory. The last thing I want is the "Shall we have a baby?" box pop up and press Yes by mistake and end up with a wretched crib blocking the track and nuking the robots.

V

vapd3317

ooooh...wait wait...does that mean "kid pulls" instead of "pet pulls"? hmmmm....I want a brown and white spotted hairy man-child that looks kinda like "It" from the Adams Family...... will name him......... "Tater Tot"

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

ooooh...wait wait...does that mean "kid pulls" instead of "pet pulls"? hmmmm....I want a brown and white spotted hairy man-child that looks kinda like "It" from the Adams Family...... will name him......... "Tater Tot"

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Now see what the thought of kids do to some people..I rest my case ...lmaoooo

V

vapd3317

yup yup yup...and then gonna change my name to.....you guessed it...."Tater Salad"

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

yup yup yup...and then gonna change my name to.....you guessed it...."Tater Salad"

[/ QUOTE ]

GITTER DONE!!! hahahah

I

imported_DutchAmerica

NO!!!!!!

Keep kids in petting zoos NOT on TSO!!!!

G

Good Lord, This is my "away " from kids down time, I sure don't want babies to care for here to lol.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but i'm going to reply again because I think I may have a better idea. How about a detention center or a jail to put some of these kids that take thier pretend mafia's into peoples homes and start thier arguements and fights, steal finished money objects and play hide and seek so the owner and roomies have a heck of a time trying to boot them. Ohhhh, and while in detention they can be given a lesson on how to use proper language.

V

vapd3317

awww hon....aren't you being a little bit harsh on the youngsters?....I mean really, a detention center or jail?. OMG you have lost your mind. I just feel that a day care is much more appropriate for our little wayward fiends.

--- run by mean nuns, freely swinging yardsticks at thier bare knuckles, forcing them to eat cold watery oatmeal with a fork, standing them in a corner to be ridiculed by the others...making them .....omg...im so sorry....slipped into a really bad flashback......

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

awww hon....aren't you being a little bit harsh on the youngsters?....I mean really, a detention center or jail?. OMG you have lost your mind. I just feel that a day care is much more appropriate for our little wayward fiends.

--- run by mean nuns, freely swinging yardsticks at thier bare knuckles, forcing them to eat cold watery oatmeal with a fork, standing them in a corner to be ridiculed by the others...making them .....omg...im so sorry....slipped into a really bad flashback......

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG..yessss, an oldtime parochial school... LMAO!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I like this idea!..then I can quit my sim job and play "Mr. Mom'...lol

G

I agree babies would be cool to run in TSO and it would be nice to see Stuff happening! Come on People you would have a choice if u wanted a kid in TSO. I sure want one with my sim wife in game!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Babies are a nuisance.
Kids are just one more mouth to feed.

There are enough online pedafile predators on the internet already. I see no need for TSO to invite more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Babies are a nuisance.

There are enough online pedafile predators on the internet already. I see no need for TSO to invite more.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can make an NPC Kid/Baby!! Computer controlled

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]well they'd have a tough time doing so with a NPC kid I think, lol

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Babies are a nuisance.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can make an NPC Kid/Baby!! Computer controlled

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. In fact, I would like to see the gardner, maid and NPC repairman abolished from the game. I believe these jobs should go to real life players.

If you want to play a computer controlled game, play offline sims. TSO is about interacting with real people.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you want to play a computer controlled game, play offline sims. TSO is about interacting with real people.

[/ QUOTE ] I think this is a joking around thread Gracie...I do not see them ever bringing NPC kids into TSO

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] I think this is a joking around thread Gracie...I do not see them ever bringing NPC kids into TSO

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy for many to joke about this. However, I've played offline sims and the thought of npc babies gives me the heebie jeebies. They are a total nuisance! LOL.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

Uhh, you can boot people with the button in their bio...you don't have to go searching for them, lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Easy for many to joke about this. However, I've played offline sims and the thought of npc babies gives me the heebie jeebies. They are a total nuisance! LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]I played the offline game a long time back also...and yes, the babies were enough of a hassle I let social services come and take them ..lol

G

TTL

Several years ago, someone had posed this very same question - What do people think about having babies/kids in TSO.

I think it marked the first (and possibly only) time an overwhelming majority of posters actually agreed on something!

Given the quickness and intensity of the responses in this thread, I see that thoughts on the matter have not changed!

G

I think it would be fun. Everyone here talks about how people shouldn't
dictate how others play. Why would introducing npc babies change your play at all.
You would have the option to say no when the bubble comes up.
I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

I remember the very first time I played Sims. I had just reached the last house
and my kids both had good grades so i got a message that they had been
accepted to boarding school or something and poof ... they were GONE.

I gasped and my husband looked up. What's wrong?

They took my kids! And I didnt even get to say goodbye!

Anyway. I would welcome more npc.
I miss the ole burgler man that used to try to steal things
and the police that came and got him because I had an alarm.

Just my 2 cents. Putting kids in the game does not mean you have to have one.

G

But does it mean I dont have to deal with them too?? Would they follow you to my house and irritate me when I'm trying to pizza? Would they be underfoot when I go to your house? Would they block me in bed or on the toilet like dogs do?

NOOOOO I do not want sim babies or kids running around!

G

maybe it could be set up so that the pop-up didn't come up when two sims kissed, but if a couple wanted a baby they would have to seek out a love bed or something to get the choice

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl..Wow. This is hilarious. Why would you wanna raise a kid?

S

SirSurpent

Yes, yes...I was the OP of this thread...but if taken seriously, think about it...

1 NPC kid = $1,000 simoleans a month.

Max kids would be 5.

It's about economics, really. And the kids could be taught different skills, too! Like taking out the trash, walking the dog, scrubbing the shower, whatever! Get rid of those pesky maids and let the kids do your dirty work!

And why would they have to be a pain in your arse?? A few simple commands by the devs could cure that, i.e:

Go to Bed
Stand in the Corner
Mamma doesn't Love you

etc., etc.,

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

I think that at some distant point in time this game was going to have generations. Or did I nightmare it? As I recall, the idea was that sims could have children, and those children would grow, and the original sims would pass out of the game. The shaman was going to be an agent of death, too, and players would seek a shaman to delete sims ("help them pass on" -- let's not say "kill")

I'd have no problem with babies in game that grew up to adult sims. I'd prefer that they be restricted to their own property -- as pets are -- and allowed off property only if adult. However, how does one define an adult sim now? Since it is really the "player behind the sim" we are dealing with, things certainly would not be any better or worse just because the avatar looks like a kid.

G

Whats this? You think EA is gonna give us free money for anything?? I smell a potential exploit. Those days are gone for good, we are lucky to get 500 a week split that between 8 sims and you get 62.50 a week. I seriously doubt they would pay us for having kids.

I

imported_Spacey

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, yes...I was the OP of this thread...but if taken seriously, think about it...

1 NPC kid = $1,000 simoleans a month.

Max kids would be 5.

It's about economics, really. And the kids could be taught different skills, too! Like taking out the trash, walking the dog, scrubbing the shower, whatever! Get rid of those pesky maids and let the kids do your dirty work!

And why would they have to be a pain in your arse?? A few simple commands by the devs could cure that, i.e:

Go to Bed
Stand in the Corner
Mamma doesn't Love you

etc., etc.,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem with our society already...
People having kids for government money and handouts.

Introduce kids to the game and people would be spending their childs 1k on themselves, lol. Poor dirty, barefoot, hungry, matted hair kids roaming EALand...

M

Mzsassypants

I say forget the kids, send them to their rooms and leave them there, get duct tape if need be! If you really want to improve the game send in the Fire dept. I swear I never met a fireman I didn't like, and I would not lie about that.
I think I would start a fire daily just to cop a feel or get a look. ;-)

G

This cant work in tso , since its ONLINE. You need another person living in this world to control it - it must be controlled by someone. Therefore, you cant impose anyone to be your "child" as they are free to do anything they want in the game .. they are paying too, arent they?

G

General reply to things I've seen in this thread:

Why do you need a player to play kids? They've been NPC's before, so why would that change?

Why is it assumed you'd be taking your kids to other lots? Can you do that now with pets? So why do folks have the immediate knee-jerk reaction to ballyhoo about kids?

Why are folks acting as if they'll be forced to get a kid? When pets came out, were you forced to get a pet?

Why does it matter to you how other folks play? In the immortal words of George Castanza, "Well, I'm sorry, 'Timmy'...You dip the way YOU wanna dip...*MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH* and I'll dip the way *I* wanna dip!"

As to the idea of paying folks a stipend for their kids: ROFLMAOWMPASTC!

I don't think it works that way. Usually kids cost a ton of money. They're worth far more than anything you spend on 'em, but you don't get PAID for 'em lol

Not unless the original post was a veiled attempt to open up a debate on welfare moms...

Which blows holes in the idea of folks using this as a new way to "bot" some bucks.

Then again, some enterprising individuals have figured out a way to
make money off of kids via the internet, so why not in TSO?

As to the thought of this being used as a griefing tool, assuming you can take kids to other lots: Gimmie all yer muny or my baby army is gonna come on over and throw their diapers on your lawn...

well of COURSE that site's a hoax! Did you READ the kiddie's profiles?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why is it assumed you'd be taking your kids to other lots?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you supposed to do with them when you leave? Will they come with kid crates so the orphange wont come take them away? Isnt leaving kids home alone teaching the kiddies who play the game irresponsible parenting?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Why is it assumed you'd be taking your kids to other lots?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you supposed to do with them when you leave? Will they come with kid crates so the orphange won't come take them away? Isn't leaving kids home alone teaching the kiddies who play the game irresponsible parenting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think outside the box.

Seriously, they don't have to be like pets in every way, shape, and form.

Heck, they'd BETTER NOT be like pets in shape and form, or I'm gonna wind up with a two-headed alien baby. EEEEKKK!

I suppose they could disappear from the lot just like sims do when they're not in the game. Where DO our sims go, anyhow? Ought to start a whole new thread on that...

They don't have to get shoved in a box just because that's the game mechanic Maxis decided on for pets all those years ago.

But I suppose that they could make it that as long as you're on your lot, your kid shows up, and if you don't feed 'em and such, yeah, they could be taken away by DCFS.

But to force folks to stay on their lots, and in game, 24/7? C'mon, the game still needs to be playable. Excessive realism can kill a game.

Heh, when you go to work, you ought to be able to bring 'em with you. TSO sweat shops, heh heh heh heh heh...

And come to think of it, maybe there SHOULD be a chance you wind up with a two-headed alien baby!

G

AFter babies become children they can leave for school in a taxi or school bus.
Perhaps they could introduce an NPC Nanny that you hire to take care of your kid.
I think that the powers that be would be interested in
something that makes you spend money instead of making money.
If you had to pay for school uniforms or keeping your child fed.
Could be a nice sink and the ppl that want kids would be willing to pay it.

S

SirSurpent

See, I like the way BillyBughead is thinking. And he hit on a lot of the key facts that I was trying to get across in terms of having kids in EALand. It does not necessairly mean our Sims would be "drowned" in excessive realism. Think about it:

1. The kids would be fully-functional NPCs, even as babies they would be able to crawl to and fro as they pleased. Nannies would take care of the dirty-work and watch the babies/kids while your Sim is out skilling/working.

2. Want to go to your favorite skilling hang-out? Take junior along and have him/her meet other kids! The Sims you have as friends may have children, too, so why not give the kids a chance to make friends, too! Heck, they could even become enemies and junior would no longer be allowed to play over at the house.

3. Expenses? I can only think of a few relative items that a Sim-parent would have to have for his/her children: bed, toys, maybe a different trunk of clothes, and food.

I mean the possibilities would be endless as to what Sim kids could to do EALand. And as for getting paid $1,000 simoleans each month for each kid that you have, I was really thinking about it from an Income Tax deduction point of a view. Sure, there would be a few ******* that would try and abuse the system, or "botters," but if the Devs made it a limit of like 5 children PER household AND once the child reached a certain "age" the money would no longer be granted, then I really believe the idea of Sim kids would work out fine in many different aspects!