• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AWW Man!!!!

• Thread starter Sally Bumblefoot
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sally Bumblefoot

Well, after going thru over 50 pages of search results I thought of all you ChaCha people and decided to give it a try!! I was searching for something called "The Christopher Columbus Award" or the "The Chris Columbus Award". I read about this award a few years ago when my kids and I were going over that time period in school. It reads something like "This award goes to a person who has no idea where he is going, when he gets there has no idea where he is, and when he gets home has no idea where he has been". But the way it was worded was so awesome, unlike my weak rendering. There is a "real" award given out to middle school science kids or something but that is obviously not what I am looking for. This is an actual award though given out by some group of people to someone they apparently don't like!! I convinced my hubby that he REALLY wanted to call for me!! Well, we got the text back and it was just some random unrelated quote FROM Christopher Columbus. Nothing at all to do with an award that is given out. Oh well. Should I try again?? Elga, I will pay you in jellybeans if you take the call!! I may even throw in a dumb, long-necked green monkey!!:thumbup1:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, OK Don't try again! They are sending crap back lately it seems, and sometimes you won't get an answer at all. If you ever want to, call it in at 1.800.2ChaCha, that seems to get an answer back. Give me a few, I'll see what I can find!
___________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, I found this first:

Despite the excellent claims of Juninho and Ruud Gullit in this category, the Christopher Columbus award for not researching your destination thoroughly enough before setting out on an adventure is won by Ivano Bonetti, the Italian footballer recently signed by Grimsby Town.

Source

And I found this:

CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS AWARD
1. Set off and didn’t know where he was going. 2. Arrived and didn’t know where he was.
3. Came back and didn’t know where he had been. 4. Did it all on someone else’s money

Source

So it looks like it is titled The Christopher Columbus Award, not the actual.
Who knew! That will be 20 jellybeans, please and TY! :lick:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! That bottom one sounds very close to what I was looking for, with commas instead of numbers. Seems to me it ended with something to do with being very proud of his accomplishment but this is so great!! I like the someone elses money better. I really wanted this for a project I am working on........probably just comic relief for the people working on it but this will be awesome.:hug:

I cant give you 20 jellies but the answer was worth more like 2000 jellies anyway!! Do you have an installment plan??? I can throw in a 20 TU unite. Also, I need a little time to work on the monkey. I havent been in the DA for a while but I'm sure she is still there trying to hop on full elevators!!:)

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad I could assist! Your first personal ChaCha answer is free. :lick:
(Don't tell the UC office though, this could have been a paid search!) :eek: