• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Avatar Transfers to another Avatar

C

camiliaQ21

Okay, so i have several avatars on one account, i recently heard that we can transfer skills points from one avatar to another. Is this true and if it is , how can I do it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, so i have several avatars on one account, i recently heard that we can transfer skills points from one avatar to another. Is this true and if it is , how can I do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to the post about the primary avatar? Where you choose one and they get the skill locks and amnesty gifts?

G

<blockquote><hr>

transfer skills points from one avatar to another

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a rumor, but wowzer! I want it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where you choose one and they get the skill locks and...

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless there has been a change I am not aware of, all the sims on the account get the locks.

G

I was under the impression and have asked about this and was told that all the sims on the account get the skill locks, but only the primary gets the gifts. I could have misunderstood, but I am hoping that all the sims get the locks. Guess we definately need some clarification on this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another rumor in-game. Discard it!

G

Nothing is set in stone, these are ideas tossed around at Game Blueprints site. Here is exactly where the information spoken of came from:

http://www.game-blueprints.com/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Improved_Skilling_Suggestions

Topic: Skill Limits, Exchanges and Transfers

# Skill exchange.

* Allow Sims to exchange one of their locked skills for another.
o Example: Sim wants to drop Mechanical and gain Body...they exchange 3 points of Mech they have skilled, for 3 points of Body, and lose the skill lock on Mech, while gaining 20.99 skill locks on Body.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I remember a few months ago reading somewhere that if a sim learns something, that knowledge would be able to be transfered to another sim somehow. Seems to me it was a dev who said it, but I'm not positive. Its possible it was an IDEA that was given to the devs but its also possible it was the devs tossing out their own hopes or goals for the game. Anyhow, its been so long I'm just not sure, I just recall reading about it, possibly at TSO-E. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

It is one of the ideas for skill changes in the Wiki.

It is fairly easy to see how this rumor morphed from the posted announcements.....kinda like the old whisper game (we called it Telephone), where the message gets garbled with the retelling.

1.) They announce that all sims will get locks but only one sim will get the reinstated gifts.
2.) They announce the ability to chose a primary avatar to recieve future bonus money, card game and amnesty gifts.
3.) We can now transfer future benefits from being given to our 'oldest' to our 'primary' avatar.

Hand that all around a few times, and it morphs into: "...transfer skills points from one avatar to another..."

And that is how a rumor evolves.