• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

automap update for new kotlan city

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey, Kojak - I can't get ANY of the terrain to show up in Ter Mur or Eodon. It's been a black background from the day I installed your version.

What am I doing wrong?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't figure out where to stick this dang file in Win 10 ! :mad:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I can't figure out where to stick this dang file in Win 10 ! :mad:
You get a popup at bottom of screen, where you can chose open, save (save as) open location for saved files. Just don't open it, use save as.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey, Kojak - I can't get ANY of the terrain to show up in Ter Mur or Eodon. It's been a black background from the day I installed your version.

What am I doing wrong?
UOAM & UOCART ........
goto Post #209 click on newest automap,but make sure to unstall the old map because I didn't I was getting the same black screens you were getting once I removed all the uoam off my pc reinstalled it I got the maps.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I just took this file and after download it copy it into the UOAM file, it ask if I was replacing the old one and I said yes, then went to Eodon to test it works great

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just took this file and after download it copy it into the UOAM file, it ask if I was replacing the old one and I said yes, then went to Eodon to test it works great
I did the same here but still got the black screen

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UOAM & UOCART ........
goto Post #209 click on newest automap,but make sure to unstall the old map because I didn't I was getting the same black screens you were getting once I removed all the uoam off my pc reinstalled it I got the maps.
Where do you think I got my UOAM from?

I installed from that and It's still never been anything other than black screen in Ter Mur/Eodon....

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kojak, You rock!!!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

I installed from that and It's still never been anything other than black screen in Ter Mur/Eodon....
I have no clue why it not working for you I follow the instruction he posted to the letter and have zero problems with it. Are you running it as admin?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I was trying to explain to you I was also getting the black screen when I was restalling it replacing the files even with his #209 version. Until I fully unstalled automap went back to his post # 209 redownloaded from there. I finally got the maps to showup, and not a blackscreen. My problem was I wasn't getting the part where it up loads each of the maps. Well hopefully you figure it out and get the maps

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

the 2 things I can think of off the top of my head is that you're running a different uoam.exe than the one that's in my .zip file - the one that automap originally came with doesn't support the new lands

the other thing is maybe you're not specifying the uo data files location properly - in that uoresources main thread about automap (the big one), I have all kinds of pictures and helpful info on how to set the data files location (even has red arrows that point to stuff - yay - :) )

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the 2 things I can think of off the top of my head is that you're running a different uoam.exe than the one that's in my .zip file - the one that automap originally came with doesn't support the new lands

the other thing is maybe you're not specifying the uo data files location properly - in that uoresources main thread about automap (the big one), I have all kinds of pictures and helpful info on how to set the data files location (even has red arrows that point to stuff - yay - :) )
One of the issues I have is that the version of your UOAM I downloaded has NO mul files after unzipping, and no apparent way to make them, so after reinstalling I now have black backgrounds on ALL Facets.

It's also refusing to find the folder location even though I manually typed the correct address into it. And, I'm running it as Administrator

And, if you accidentally set it to compatibility mode it will lock up so hard when you try to close it, that you have to go to Task Manager to kill it.

Addendum: I have your version and the other version of UOAM both pointing to the exact same folder now for maps.
Yours says you can't find maps, and all maps are black.
The other also says it, but only Ter Mur/Eodon is black, while the others all appear.

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of the issues I have is that the version of your UOAM I downloaded has NO mul files after unzipping, and no apparent way to make them, so after reinstalling I now have black backgrounds on ALL Facets.

It's also refusing to find the folder location even though I manually typed the correct address into it. And, I'm running it as Administrator

And, if you accidentally set it to compatibility mode it will lock up so hard when you try to close it, that you have to go to Task Manager to kill it.

Addendum: I have your version and the other version of UOAM both pointing to the exact same folder now for maps.
Yours says you can't find maps, and all maps are black.
The other also says it, but only Ter Mur/Eodon is black, while the others all appear.
well I downloaded the .zip file from the uoam thread in the uoresources folder to check if the .mul files are in it because you said they weren't - here is the picture of the contents of that .zip file according to 7-zip

as you can clearly see, the .mul files are definitely in the .zip file that is in the uoresources thread - just dl'd it and checked it by hand for you

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ill say it again, why the hell doesn't uo have their own good map program/other programs too. why do we need to download something from another web site that may or may not be kept up to date all the time. this should be part of the game.
PS, I don't want someone to work on my car, I want them to fix it lol.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
maybe this might help people.
i had 2 UOAM (at least 2) installed on my computer.
not sure why i did but i did.
and saved in 2 different places.
i assume at some point i reinstalled?????

anyways, i just right clicked on the icon i use to fire UOAM up and hit 'properties' and that showed me the trail of where my UOAM was saved at on my computer, its listed under 'Target".
(that was when i noticed that it wasnt the same place that i had deposited the mul5 map)
so i followed that chain and low and behold there was my 2nd UOAM install, dropped the new map mul5 in there and presto it works!

so to recap.
1) right clock on your UOAM icon and hit 'properties'
2) check the 'Target' string of where your UOAM is saved at (example ""C:\Program Files\UOAM\uoam.exe")
3) go dump the new mul5 map in that file (so go into 'program files' then scroll down to 'UOAM' and go into there)
4) close down UOAM and UO and reboot them both

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I open up auotomap it shows me in some random place and it doesn't move when I move.
I can't seem to calibrate, I get an error saying I moved or something. I tried this in malas and fel. I think I remember years ago I had the same problem and I had to calibrate in the lost lands to fix it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well mine probably worked right... had I thought to open uoam instead of uocart!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
2016-08-17.png Kojak, here's the contents of the one I downloaded from the UOResources thread. NO IDEA how I got it instead of the other one, because it came from your link in reply 209 in June. It's the only one I've downloaded this year until today (when the download was of the zip file your picture showed).

Gonna try yet another reinstall from the fresh download. (Update)

Works great now - I wonder how come I kept downloading your version before, and it never replaced what appears to be an older zip file in my directory (a file whose download date seemed to change with each download, but the contents apparently didn't).

Then again, I've a 20+ year history of computers doing weird stuff that baffled even the college lab chiefs and the professors. I once had a Wordperfect issue over FOUR different generations of WP, that baffled the COREL people.

Last edited:

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah, the one with the bitmap files in it is from an earlier version in that same thread - the newest one with the mul files is on page 5

deleteing all traces of automap before downloading it fresh might have been a better option