• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS August 18th 2016, 1pm East @ EM Hall.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Siege Perilous EM Schedule, August 2016.
Thursday, August 18th 2016, 1pm East @ EM Hall.

Just a reminder

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What time would that be in Europe?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1000 PST 1300 EST Why such an odd hour?
A large amount of Siege players are from Europe, so 1PM ET is 7PM UK , anything that is schedule late in the day for the America side is well into the early hours of the morning there. So its only fair to post something for both sides of the Ocean.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am happy he (EM Bennu) is doing something like this for the players of Siege. So many could not make the last event as it was well into the early hours there.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. A bit too early for me, however, because my small kids are still awake at that time and my wife would kill me...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
8-18-160043.jpg

Did not get one myself as I was discording it and resing and healing all the rest. It was fun to see blue and green together fighting one boss.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent work. Shame I couldnt make it. Had to bring my kids to bed...Congratulations, well deserved!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot about the EM Event. Went to see Suicide Squad instead.:popcorn: It was much better than Superman vs Batman.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone did a great job of coming together. Lots of healers and archers. Pets and summons were not match.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say a certain group lobbied real hard for this time knowing a certain other group wouldn't be online...... :)

But I'm not saying that, because all I can think of is all that bacon Tyrath is unloading........

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The em said from the start he would try to alternate between evenings for the US and earlier for the people overseas. That certain group was out in full force about six of them. The shard belongs to the siege players not just one group.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is he alternating every other 2 ?, because I'm pretty sure the last one was also around noon on a thursday, because I commented on that one too.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess certain people couldn`t get the day off from McDonald`s after all.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Damn missed another one... I can never make these due to time frame.. grrrrrrr... always been the most elusive part of UO for me

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll give a quick recap of event I hope all sides consider it fair but feel free to add your own perspectives:

Almost as soon as the event started. Hi-5 took control with about 6-7 people. Eliminating most of the pvmers not associated with their group. A few managed to scout, stay hidden etc but for the most part it was Hi-5 controlling the area.

Finally the last Monster appeared in Minax base where Hi-5 battled it but after awhile realized they couldn't kill it alone. They tried bagballing it, and luring it out of area but it appeared to be tethered to the base.

Eventually members of Hi-5 had to log or simple got bored and left. Only Starr and his pets remained. A small group swooped and killed him to test if Hi-5 would return. When they did not, a group from Gilfane returned along with a few other people from the shard.

While the main group focused on the Boss, a few people ran protection looking out for incoming raids. Starr returned a few times with his pets and attempted to raid but was unsuccessful. To his credit he raided out numbered as he was alone (beside his pets) and no other Hi-5 returned to help him.

Eventually Starr stopped raiding and the entire group focused on the Boss, eventually defeating it.

-Lore

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great report, Lore! Thank you. I escaped through a moongate at one of the Malas Secret Locations to Gilfane Loothouse, when I faced Steve - like most of us. Then I decided to make food for the kids as the situation was to hectic for me.

Thanks to Mr Sinister, who participted in the defeat of the end-boss, my museum has a new exhibit:

Great job, Siege!

P.S.: The timeframe this time was established for the EU-players, next time it will be for US-players again - alternating...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'll give a quick recap of event I hope all sides consider it fair but feel free to add your own perspectives:

Almost as soon as the event started. Hi-5 took control with about 6-7 people. Eliminating most of the pvmers not associated with their group. A few managed to scout, stay hidden etc but for the most part it was Hi-5 controlling the area.

Finally the last Monster appeared in Minax base where Hi-5 battled it but after awhile realized they couldn't kill it alone. They tried bagballing it, and luring it out of area but it appeared to be tethered to the base.

Eventually members of Hi-5 had to log or simple got bored and left. Only Starr and his pets remained. A small group swooped and killed him to test if Hi-5 would return. When they did not, a group from Gilfane returned along with a few other people from the shard.

While the main group focused on the Boss, a few people ran protection looking out for incoming raids. Starr returned a few times with his pets and attempted to raid but was unsuccessful. To his credit he raided out numbered as he was alone (beside his pets) and no other Hi-5 returned to help him.

Eventually Starr stopped raiding and the entire group focused on the Boss, eventually defeating it.

-Lore
Yep what he say.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
:thumbsup: to Bennu for making an event on Siege that was a challenge to both sides
The "good" side was not able to get near the mobs, to try to kill it, they could had needed a few more PvP'ers.
The "evil" side successed taking over the event very easy but could not finish it without help from the good side. One beetle was not enough, they could had needed a few dragons.
I'm sure both sides was very frustrated, one because they could not kill the Boss and one because they could not get near the Boss.

I was a little on the side line as always, could not help the evil side as I was orange to them and would be a problem because of field spells and I had no reason to help the other side *Evil Grin*

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Dragons did not work to well either, it, the boss, was killing them far to easy, so everyone went old school, archers, meeleers, and discord bard for the win, who was also healing and rezing all that died, and there were several deaths by all that were fighting it as it sucked them in and bang instant death one hit, dead.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I just happened to log in while this was going on, and quickly discovered that RC and dragons were useless. Archers were the way to go, with healers dedicated to them. @Drakelord I'm sorry you didn't get a drop. I think the only reason I got one was because I had attacked the boss previously before realizing that was fruitless and then switched to healing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Believe healing will give you right to a drop, but I could be wrong. I notist, when I did kill GD and Synbad was healing me, he got his part of the loot, even when he did not damage the GD.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pets were almost ineffective on the boss. One beetle or 5 dragons couldn't have killed it. Great event EM Bennu. Also, lots of crybabying was going on that the bossed was "fixed" so that the reds couldn't kill it. "I'm going to report you to Mesanna" was the main outcry from HI-5.
My favorite was when they said something like: "How are we supposed to do this? We don´t have our Atlantic suits." :sad2:
And then they accused the EM of healing it up when they were trying to damage it.

It´s amazing how quick they pull the cry card when things don´t go their way...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@IanJames it ok, I would have just sold it off at the next auction for Siege gold. Making a super crafter and crafting/imbuing replace suits for Kimi and Zardo cost a lot on Siege, that is why I wish the 3x prices would go back to prodo shard prices. Then I would have a little more gold in the bank. Maybe I should put Kimi out on the street with a begging bowl, saying; ALMS FOR THE POOR. :Begging: