• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) [Aug 21st] Moonglow Presents; The Britannian Tall Ship Race

[Aug 21st] Moonglow Presents; The Britannian Tall Ship Race
Posted by Merek Penrose
Verity Isle, Moonglow City.
Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 07:00 PM
Until: Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Moonglow Presents; The Britannian Tall Ship Race
Date: Sunday, August 21st 2016 at 7:00pm Est.

It has been quite a long time since Moonglow has had a large scaled event. We the people, and it's Governor Merek Penrose would like to welcome you all to their first annual Britannian Tall Ship Race. The race will take place in Moonglow and will see ships racing their way around Verity Isle. Moonglow has always been a place of rich heritage and history. It is time we give back to our great and ever striving community.

The goal is to create an atmosphere where we can gather all the Governors of the nine cities for some competitive fun. Each Governor will be required to select a crew of 1-4 to represent their city, and will submit their crews names a week prior to the event start date. Only one tall ship will be allowed to enter per city. The Governor's may use whatever means they choose to select their crews (1-4 pers.)

My plan is to have nine ships gathered at the Moonglow Docks. The nine ships will line up and race around Verity Isle, hitting checkpoints on the way. I am not aware of the last time a Tall Ship race has been held on the Catskills server., but I assure you it will be fun for all.

Prizes are as followed; 1st 30 Million, 2nd 15 Million and 3rd 5 Million. The crews may share the gold with their city or Governor, it is their call once the gold is handed to them.

Moonglow Presents; The Britannian Tall Ship Race itinerary.

· Naming of Moonglow's third Vessel.
- A prize of 6 Million gold will be awarded to the person who best names the new ship.

· Pre-Event Game; Pick the Pea
- A prize of 3 Million gold will be awarded to the person who can find “the pea.”

· Introduction of Crews and Govenors
- Will Introduce each City with Govenor
- Govenors Will introduce their Crews to the crowd and take their seats
- Crew will board their ships and await further instruction.

· Pre-Event Game; The Gold Drop !
- 6 million gold to be dropped randomly on the docks for the viewers
* (Books will be dropped with Value – Trade With Merek Penrose to receive full amount disclosed in book. Codes will be created to prevent Cheaters.)

· Main Event/ Race Begins

· Announcement – Winners will be called.
- 1st place 30M (Gold Trophy)
- 2nd place 15M (Silver Trophy)
- 3rd place 5M (Bronze Trophy)
*Trophies will be awarded and displayed at the Docks.

· After Party in Ishgard Tavern

Raffle Ticket Giveaway!
- The Raffle Ticket Will be Drawn at The After Party In Ishgard. The Winner w

Volunteer Positions for The Britannian Tall Ship Race

Currently we have Volunterrs filling roughly several volunteer positions.

1. ( Governor Greeter) This player will welcome distinguished guests and their crews. Once the event begins, they will direct the Governors and their Crews to the are introduction area. Will also help with side events.

2. (Peoples Greeter) This player will be in charge for welcoming spectators to the main event. They will also be responsible for handing out raffle tickets for the large prize. (I will provide books to be handed out.) Will also help with side events.

3. (Crafter) This is a possible maybe – I want to crew of each city to be able to display their Cities Colors.

4. (Gaters) One gater will be located at the Luna bank while the other will be located at the Britan bank. They are responsible for advertising the event and giving passage for those who would like to attend.

5. (Bartender) This player will be in charge of taking care of the patrons.

Britannian Tall Ship Race Side Events

Naming Moonglows Third Tall Ship - A prize of Six Million gold will be awarded to who ever can come up with the best name for Moonglow's third Ship. Currently Moonglow possesses two Britannian ships (The Leviathans Lash, and Krakens Kiss.) Names will be accepted between August 1st to August 18th. All names after this time frame will be rejected. Only one name may be entered per player. A thread will be created on the Catskills Stratics allowing for all members of the community to participate. If the Winner is unable to attend the event on August 21st he/she will be contacted through the forums. The winner has one week to claim their prize – If the player is unable to collect the prize, the Gold will be donated back into the Cities Funds.

The Gold Drop - Six million in prizes. Gold will be split amongst the Greeters. Once the “hand” drops they will quickly toss books with Gold values onto the dock while the spectators run frantically attempting to pick up as much as they can. Simple event to allow everybody to win.

Pick the Pea - Three million gold will be given to a random greeter. The greeters will stand in a line and a random spectator will have a chance to choose what greeter is holding the prize. If selected properly, they will win. A seat will be chosen prior to seating, the person who sits in that seat will be the lucky player.

The Raffle – There will be a dexxer imbued armor set given away during the closing ceremonies. (I can give details on stats later.) Random numbers will be placed within an in game book. Each random number will be paired with a random five letter word so that no spectator is able to cheat. The number will be drawn from a hat and the prize given to them.

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY !!

Update;

Work is under way as Moonglow works hastily to prepare for the Annual Britannian Tall Ship Race.

Citizens of Moonglow continue to work effortlessly to make this Event one to remember.

I ask that the Governors start looking toward selecting Crews to represent their cities. Feel free to choose your Representatives by which ever means you see fit!

I am looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Merek Penrose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Due to a Lack of Responses, the event has been CANCELED.

I will try my best to get this up and running at a later date.

:heart:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My experience so far with stratics and Catskills folks is ....there isn't much response from anyone...or sometimes a slight negative response ....ya just gotta go out on a limb and try it anyway.....I'm no governor but I'd bet I could get a team together from our group of people