• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Auctioning Luna house

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Auctioning off the former Vernia guildhall, located on the NW of the inner Luna walls. Minimum bid is 10 million.

Winning bidder (if any) will have to hand over the cash prior to the transfer, so please don't bid if you are not prepared to trust me.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why couldnt they just do the trade all at once and place money in the trade window as u x-fer house?

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I don't want to be standing there fiddling about with multiple checks or have someone trying to pull a scam on me.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will give you 10 mill for it. But you have to hand over the house first. I don't want to be scammed either...

Ya I know that sounded about as dumb as what you just said.

It's simple get a bag place 5 1 mill check across the top of the and 5 more across the bottom so you can see each check.

Tranfer house the person puts the bag of check into your trade windo. the person buying the house then opens the bag that allows you to see the contents of the bag you count 10 checks then u check the box...

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just have them put the checks in a box, cmon hoffs i know your not that scared to come outside that you cant be in front of it for even 1 minute?

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it is not that. It is just that a guildmate was apparently scammed out of a lot of stuff by someone the other day. And until I know exactly how it happened - because the trade window was involved somehow - I am not taking any chances.

Anyway, it is no different to a cash sale in the days when those things were allowed on here; you would have to hand over the dough before receiving your goods.

Anyhow, if it is someone I know or any respectable member of the community then I would not be bothered about doing a normal sale. And if the house doesn't sell, it doesn't sell....

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why cant you do checks in trade window? Checks have comma now it kind easy to tell a 1,000,000 from someone trying put a 100,000 in the window.

E

Elmer Fudd

Have fun trying to sell it, No one in there right mind should make a deal like that, and on top of it, its not even worth 5 mill at top dollar

If it doesnt sell it doesnt sell...

O

Ole Cheapy

I will give you 10 mill for it. But you have to hand over the house first. I don't want to be scammed either...

Ya I know that sounded about as dumb as what you just said.

It's simple get a bag place 5 1 mill check across the top of the and 5 more across the bottom so you can see each check.

Tranfer house the person puts the bag of check into your trade windo. the person buying the house then opens the bag that allows you to see the contents of the bag you count 10 checks then u check the box...

Then he gets killed in 2 seconds, then they loot his lil bag and bank his checks. lol...r u kidding?

Q

Quira

Chippy, have you even ever had a check?

You can loot the bag... enjoy it LOL
The checks will remain on the victim though.

Kind regards

Memnoch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone wants to make this deal, I will log on to uhm..

Take the gold, and take the house, to evaluate both, when both check out well, yea uhm.. I'll get back to you, the evaluation process takes awhile.

No scams.

/sarcasm

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hoffs... I would hold the gold for you. If any one does not trust me to hold the gold, do not deal with them.

O

Ole Cheapy

Did he really just say that?:scholar:
Ok I'm from the old school, Kage, I know you're new and you rolled in with Age of Shadows and whatnot, I also understand what you've seen is very limited , but when cheapsuit was a thief I used to steal the entire bag with all the checks in them weighing 1 stone per check when people thought their checks were safe in bags, maybe things have changed, not really sure. But this is why I'm in favor of an extra siege slot, so I can make a thief and show Rico the life of a true thug, and not some knock off wannabe.

But where I'm from checks were never safe in bags. *shrugs*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Ok I'm from the old school, Kage, I know you're new and you rolled in with Age of Shadows and whatnot, I also understand what you've seen is very limited , but when cheapsuit was a thief I used to steal the entire bag with all the checks in them weighing 1 stone per check when people thought their checks were safe in bags, maybe things have changed, not really sure. But this is why I'm in favor of an extra siege slot, so I can make a thief and show Rico the life of a true thug, and not some knock off wannabe.

*smiles* You crack me up some times.

Hoffs

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoffs... I would hold the gold for you. If any one does not trust me to hold the gold, do not deal with them.
Thank you, Kelmo. I appreciate the offer and will gladly use you if the other party is willing.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is very true, as I made mega millions on Chesapeake wayyyy back doing this. But you could never bag checks and kill someone for them. Hoffs, there is no trade window bug, it's most likely a case of someone doing something very dumb and not wanting to own up to it, that's what 99% of bugs are. If you get scammed selling that house the traditional way from a bug, i'll give you the 10m just to prove to this shard bugs, hacks, etc are not as rampant as they think.

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres also that dumb trade window but tho. put something in trade window then finish trade and yay client error now your trying to log in while sitting in sieges most popular pvp zone.

Q

Quira

For selling a house? This thread is getting more surreal with every post :mf_prop:

Kind regards

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
theres also that dumb trade window but tho. put something in trade window then finish trade and yay client error now your trying to log in while sitting in sieges most popular pvp zone.
Then again, there´s always the option to go naked to do the transfer...