• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ATTN: Migration Testing Update

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Migration Testing Update

We performed a test migration this past weekend. Although it took some time to get our brand new server configured properly, the migration proceeded smoothly. Users, usergroups, forums, threads, posts, private messages, profile comments, avatars, etc., were all migrated successfully.

Four things are not migrated by the system. First, user albums are not transferred. We will be researching a new user album plugin. Meanwhile, user albums will continue to be accessible on OLD forums. Second, any locally-hosted signatures are not transferred. Instructions for adding your signature to the NEW forums are located here. Third, infraction histories are not transferred. We will reference and restore old histories on a case-by-case basis. Ideally, we will not have a need to review these histories and your shiny, new accounts will remain spotless. Finally, themes are not transferred. I have done my best to re-create the primary Stratics theme, UO Classic. I am trying to contract a developer to make two new, custom themes for us, but these are not yet complete. Also, we would be thrilled to review user or staff-submitted themes for inclusion in our repertoire of themes.

In light of our ongoing technical challenges with vBulletin, as well as our successful test migration, we will be proceeding with the migration to XenForo according to plan. Please find a schedule of events, a set of contingency plans, and update communiqué mediums below.

Migration: Schedule of Events

Friday, 2 March 2012

09:00 PM EST: OLD Stratics Forums placed into maintenance mode
09:01 PM EST: Forum migration process begins

Saturday, 3 March 2012

10:00 AM EST: Plugins, theme installed and tested on NEW forums
01:00 PM EST: Permissions set and tested on NEW forums; OLD forums closed to new users, posts
05:00 PM EST: OLD forums taken out of maintenance mode; NEW forums open for business

*If we can open the NEW forums sooner, we will do so.

Contingency Plans

A. If aspects of migration fail, launch timeframe extended by 24 hours to 05:00 PM EST on Sunday, 4 March. This will allow us to restart the migration, install plugins, make appropriate adjustments to permissions, and conduct tests.

B. If aspects of second attempt fail, OLD forums reopened at 05:00 PM EST on Sunday, 4 March. Migration rescheduled.

C. If migration is successful, but the sky falls, the OLD forums reopened at 05:00 PM EST on Sunday, 4 March. Migration rescheduled.

D. If everything crashes and burns, I will have several drinks, then jump off a bridge.

Updates

Updates will be published on our Facebook page and via Twitter.

Facebook: Stratics | Facebook
Twitter: Stratics.com (@Stratics) Twitter

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking forward to it :)

*Hides the buttons from Airmid*

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OR you could have a few stiff drinks and push ME off a bridge :D

We NEED you!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You stay away from bridges. Trolls hide under bridges and we've already got more than enough of those. :D

A

AdamD

Best of luck on the conversion, It'll be interesting to see how it turns out for you.

Posted a link to this thread on UOF incase people miss this one.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

S

Sevin0oo0

Good Luck, see ya on the other side, I'll keep FB tuned.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics Forums will be placed into maintenance mode in approximately 20 minutes at 9:00 PM EST. Updates will be posted on our Facebook page and on our Twitter feed: [url="http://www.twitter.com/Stratics]@stratics[/url].