• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention RBG members

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A conversation after a fight

Zuckuss10:46 PM
good job

Zuckuss is Available

Scarst10:46 PM
yeah they never show up unless they outnumber
Zuckuss10:46 PM
dont be mad

it was a good thing
Zuckuss10:47 PM
and yes you were outnumbered 2 to one
Scarst10:47 PM
i'm not stating that that's always how you fight
i know
*i'm stating
one v one he was about to go down
oh and stop your blues from healing him
i saw him get you low
Zuckuss10:48 PM
it could have gone either way
Scarst10:48 PM
no
Zuckuss10:48 PM
and liekwise you to him
Scarst10:48 PM
I had heals timed he didn't
pitr randomly came out because of it
Scarst10:49 PM
he knew that garg was going to die and if he didn't
well he got lucky
Zuckuss10:49 PM
ITS NOT ABOUT PVP SKILL
oops
not about pvp skill
you are the better pvper than grimjaw
at least right now!
Scarst10:49 PM
well it seemed to be what you people are about randomly breaking character
Zuckuss10:50 PM
breaking char?
i didnt see that
but we are building
all of us
Scarst10:50 PM
he was mentioning that he "Playing grimmjow"
and i thank you for coming and doing this
ohh did he?
ok
Scarst10:50 PM
yeah don't reference your rp characters ooc
some stuff we need to improve
Zuckuss10:51 PM
if he did you are right
*Nods*
Zuckuss10:52 PM
thats the kind of stuff we need
Scarst10:52 PM
was on another character also popping in randomly into a battle is bad form
i was prepared to interact accordingly if you had beaten him
Scarst10:52 PM
unless he was there for the whole thing
and trhere will be times you will win
honestly bro
Zuckuss10:53 PM
i just want to see cats prosper as a rp hub again
Scarst10:53 PM
pointing out things you need to work on
yes much appreciated
if you need to speak ooc Party people
despite teh sides< i like talking to you
i consider you somewhat of a friend
and i thank you for the info
trust me, we take it and apply it
we'll see
Scarst10:54 PM
I don't want another god damn tormtar
don't make me have to turn mage and just completely wreck everyone
haha
Zuckuss10:54 PM
it should never be ablot pvp combat
you dotn see me takign advantage
my rbg doesnt even have a proper suit
Scarst10:55 PM

but that's what it is I've not see anyone from your group on except when they saw a pirate on on another character
Zuckuss10:55 PM
what do ya mean
Scarst10:56 PM
none of your rbg has been on as there rbg character except when they see a pirate on another character
by your i mean pitr and anyone who isn't pandora
Zuckuss10:56 PM
well its not always gonna be easy to catch people on specific characters
Scarst10:56 PM
only other times is when EM's are about
Zuckuss10:57 PM
i mean rather than getting mine, i just stayed on wild runnign around screaming, "Help RBG guards!"
Scarst10:57 PM
yes but if you see a pirate go just go run to grab a character that will inevitably lead to a fight
goes for everyone
Zuckuss10:57 PM
well grimmjaw, got his character
Zuckuss10:58 PM
he switched
Scarst10:58 PM
because if they aren't around they shouldn't just magically appear
i know what ya mean
its why i didnt switch
it's the same if you play more than one rp character
but i dont necessarily disagree with him getting his one char
if you get off one don't instantly appear on another
ok
Zuckuss10:59 PM
if he hadnt tho
you would have been standing there for a while
Scarst10:59 PM
i would have continued insulting you
and you might have said
so
there is no rbg here!
see no guards!
no protection hahaha!
and I still will maintain that statement
as you are still playing them as pvp characters
scarst that is not true
Zuckuss11:00 PM
rbg hasnt gone to fel at all
i promise u
and please listen
Scarst11:00 PM
have any of you actually developed the characters you play?
Zuckuss11:00 PM
rbg is not intended to be pvpers
mine is developed but still has work left
my suit is mostly gm stuff
Scarst11:00 PM
yeah that proves my point I wasn't talking about skills
or armor
Scarst11:01 PM
I was talking about there character
Zuckuss11:01 PM
rbg doesnt have an agenda to pvp
past
there goals
Zuckuss11:01 PM
yes some have
there dislikes
what they like doing
Scarst11:02 PM
and as long as you have faction items I'm going to consider you a pvp guild
Zuckuss11:02 PM
go to
the rbg IC forums
and there are some pages with descriptions
I know pandora has
of characters
if factions items ever becomes an isse
most rpers here use there profile to give a quick description
we can probably work something out to the effect of not wearing them for combat
Scarst11:03 PM
you shouldn't be wearing them in trammel
Scarst11:05 PM
my point is work on character development not just skills or equipment, showing up magically when a pirate appears is pretty stupid
Oh and tag reading Scarst has never called himself a pirate
Scarst11:06 PM
except once when he was first in UP
Zuckuss11:06 PM
say that last one again?
which was 2 years ago
Zuckuss11:06 PM
isnt scarst in up
he is
but that's OOC knowledge
Zuckuss11:07 PM
ok
Scarst11:07 PM
there isn't a mini title flying over his head
Zuckuss11:07 PM
GOOD POINT
Scarst11:07 PM
i've been going with it but I figured eventually you'd figure it out, and scarst has laid a challenge
Scarst11:08 PM
but identifying him as a pirate is tag reading
Zuckuss11:08 PM
ok
Scarst11:09 PM
I'm going to put this WHOLE icq session in a thread so your rbg can read it
because it covers alot of the concerns I have
Zuckuss11:09 PM
ok
Scarst11:09 PM
and most the RP community would agree with

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let this serve as some concerns that the community has about RBG so that we may address some of them constructively.

V

Victoria Navarre

*i'm stating
one v one he was about to go down
oh and stop your blues from healing him
There were blues healing during an rp fight in Tram? The fight should have been moved elsewhere or discontinued.And tag reading has always bothered me when it came to roleplay. I have always concidered the overhead title as ooc knowledge.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good information and a pleasant surprise. I was half expecting something negative. One thing I don't understand concerning this point:

my point is work on character development not just skills or equipment, showing up magically when a pirate appears is pretty stupid

To me, the illusion is that any sort of formed guard has a constant presence in or around what they are guarding. So to pull this off without magically appearing, the evil entity would have to announce their intent and their eta. Else anyone truly playing the part of the guard would have to hang around the town for hours hoping that someone would just show up.

I'm sure I'm not understanding this correctly.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*blink, blink*

*Backs out of the room, and closes the door tightly behind him.*

C

CatLord

Good information and a pleasant surprise. I was half expecting something negative. One thing I don't understand concerning this point:

To me, the illusion is that any sort of formed guard has a constant presence in or around what they are guarding. So to pull this off without magically appearing, the evil entity would have to announce their intent and their eta. Else anyone truly playing the part of the guard would have to hang around the town for hours hoping that someone would just show up.

I'm sure I'm not understanding this correctly.

I'll explain the duality of RBG...

Every paladin has his shadow... by his side, at all times... sometimes the shadow will strike... sometimes the shadow will stay hidden.

That is also how each paladin of RBG stays protected from corruption, bribes... his shadow prevents him from moving out of the straight and narrow.

I should not post our private lore... but for you, Abyss Captain... anything.

C

CatLord

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not want to go down this path. This thread has potential. please lets not get to squabbling.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
*blink, blink*

*Backs out of the room, and closes the door tightly behind him.*
*pulls a hairpin from her hair and slips it silently into the keyhole*
*Catches her breath as the lock clicks open and she slides quietly between the door and jamb into the darkness with Aedon*

"Hmm... isn't this just a closet?" She whispers to the darkness....

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scarst (22:52) :
should tell your people
Scarst (22:52) :
that they shouldn't expect to win
Scarst (22:53) :
thinking your going win because you're the "Good Guy" is what makes people upset when they lose

The message was sent to RBG.
Everyone is working hard...

I never saw you and Norrar argue about the fairness of attacking my character two on one... so I guess we could use the same tactic...

Thank you for the challenge...
No I just said that's how you fight and that fight was actually because Norrar wanted to get back into the swing of things, so we attacked.

My template at that time was literally an old school pure swordsman no magic and he's an out of practice poison fencer, meanwhile you were a decked out in faction crap bushido chiv who was running instead of doing what your template should have been doing tanking.

And I never once said anything about unfair I said I knew you'd fight like that because none of you ever fight 1 v 1.

Pitr if you are going to make this about fighting over any critique I'm just not even going to try. I've said from the very beginning faction items should stay in factions not be used in trammel, it's why I don't use them or anyone else in the RP community. UND was an exception because they actually participated in faction combat.

I posted this conversation so it'd get out exactly what I thought needed to be worked on. And what you should do.

As for the magically appearing part yes I think you should walk around and actually RP your patrol if that's what your character does, It goes along with fleshing out a character he obviously doesn't only do that. Every character has something they do besides fight an there job, and generally RPing with each other to learn instead of magically knowing each others names and what everyone can do will help you figure out how you want to play a character.

As in life different people have different interests and right now your RBG is just a bunch of pod people who have the same skills and same armor same job and same mission.

Why did they join the guard? Greed, Fame, Sense of duty.
Where'd they learn there skills? Did they grow up in a hostile enviroment, train with a master swordsman, or find out they have a natural talent and hon it.
(Just please for the love of all that is good don't use the cliche "My family was killed by (insert random bad guy here)" line it's done to death and no one wants to hear it.)

What does you character look like? Are they Tall? Short? Missing teeth? Banged up? Bruised? Hairy? Any signiture marks?

Right now I'm just going to pretend you all look the same maybe Rick Ashley or something.

Equipment? Really everyone wearing the same damn thing? how well funded do you think a town guard would be to provide everyone with matching uniforms of the exact same quality?

Quirks? Everyone has at least one quirk doesn't matter what it is it's there James has his fire and carrying anything you could ever ask for, Piper has hats, Pike has a rat that can be seen following him sometimes. I could go on but you get the point people are different and they act in strange ways and generally quirks can come into play with how they respond to situations.

"There's a plover that's bad luck I've gotta kill it" *Runs out of formation to dispatch of the bird and promptly gets reprimanded*

(An example I made up based on a character my brother had once)

A Past? This goes with skills and reasons. EVERYONE has a past, no one appears out of thin air and everyone has something in there past that makes them who they are.

Speaking of thin air, a point on stealthing, don't pop out in the middle of a flat area with absolutely no cover even if it's to enter a battle it's bad form and it's even worse when you hide with people looking straight at you, run around a corner to hide and don't pop out where there is no legitimate excuse of how you got there.

These are mostly things I was trying to avoid having to spell out by posting the conversation but if you are going to take a conversation as complaining I figured I'd have to do this.

So if you're going to take advice and critiques as insults please tell me now before I continue wasting my time.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Catches her breath as the lock clicks open as slides quietly between the door and jamb into the darkness with Aedon*

You also get an invite to UP and PGoH for your RP skillz haha, oh and the invite is Manditory you now must muhahahaha.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Catches her breath as the lock clicks open as slides quietly between the door and jamb into the darkness with Aedon*

*As the door starts to close, a brief shaft of light stabs the darkness of the small room. A shadow moves swiftly in as darkness enshrouds him. He can hear the muffled sound of shoes shuffling towards. Feel the hot moist breath on is neck. Turning his head in each direction, Aedon seeks the source of the sound. Visions of long past night terrors rise from the depths to stab at him once again.

As he moves backwards, in an attempt to put some distance between himself and the approaching foe, he is suddenly stopped cold, his back pressed hard against the stone wall.

Closer it comes.

He cannot see what approaches, he can only feel the coming of some being. As it stands before him, Aedon tilts his head a bit, straining against the darkness to make out some form. The hot breath of the being grows closer. There is a sweet smell about it. An oddly familiar one.

He can feel it now close against him, pinning him harder against the wall. Then the silence of the dark room is broken by a simple phrase.

"Hmmm, isn't this just a closet Aedon?"

Feeling a bit sheepish, and with new found strength to push forward he grabs her hands and eases past to the door saying;

"Why so it is Lady Flutter."

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Fighting 1 on 1. Scarst isn't complaining. Heck, we'll fight outnumbering you as easily as you will fight outnumbering us (ask PGoH about that one). That part of the conversation is actually not important to me.

2. Roleplaying. The point Scarst is making (in my interpretation, I could be wrong) is that we need some work on that level. He gave some advice about character development and interaction.

In short, that is: remember to stay in character (We'll be VERY flexible on this issue since we know that many new RBG members are new to the RP game, but we'll still let you know when mistakes are made. Try to remember that it's not complaining, but an effort to help you blend in with the rest of us freaks.)

In an effort to stay in character, it helps to have a character. This means having a reason for what you're doing... even if it's as simple as "I'm now a young man who enlisted in the Royal Guard to attempt to defend Britannian shores from evils of all sorts", it's better than the perceived "I wanna PvP in Trammel where it's safer" that I'm hearing from "sources".

This doesn't mean that you can't have a PvP equipped character or use PvP tactics, so long as they stay within the rules of engagement. Though for some of you (Zuckuss), it may be more fun to fight with a handicap, as the RP community, with a few notable exceptions are not known for our PvP prowess. In fact, I encourage it... it gives us a reason to get better, and losing fights is as important to our roleplay as winning.

And Scarst:

SHAME ON YOU FOR LOSING! (this last comment is meant in jest, and should by no means be taken personally. Unless you're Scarst, who can likely tan my hide these days)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or my suggestion: instead of making this (another) ridiculous, time-wasting political issue on these already highly politicized boards, how about we deal with these issues in-game, even in a RP setting. I thought the protocol in RP was that your people contact RBG people directly, in-game, if there are flaws in RP technique.

How about, for example, inviting role-players from all "sides" to an in-game get together where we can refresh our memories about the accepted rules for RP and posting these rules up front in an accessible spot on all our respective boards. Most of us haven't been role-playing for years. Wouldn't that be more constructive than complaining via ICQ and then posting the ICQ here?

Some people who would benefit from our RP community's collective expertise never come to Stratics.

We DO meet in-game sometimes, you know.

Thank you.
We all use the communication methods that best suit us.

FYI the established communications is as follows:
A player has a problem.
That player shares the problem with the GM.
The GM shares the problem with an authority from the other side (preferrably the GM)
They find a solution and act on it.

In this case, Scarst was the authority of UP who was on line at the time (Pike is on vacation and I was unavailable), and he chose to work with Zuckuss in finding a solution.

However, posting the conversation here serves little purpose (except airing our grievances to the public?) until exactly right now.

I wish to work out our differences, but I would prefer to do so in game (and in character, but I can't have everything!) rather than on this or the other forum.

I will try to be around Friday night before 8 and will definitely be on Saturday until very late (my time) for the Black Market and associated activities.

Those will be the best times to get in touch with me. Otherwise, if you have my icq number (54133603, I believe... name Aneirin/Farsight) you can get in touch with me then.

In order to not clutter the board any more, I would like to take the conversation to private messages at this point.

C

Corvak

I admit some of us are new to RP.

Personally, I welcome any and all constructive criticism.

For example, just hopping off characters and getting on RBG when there are pirates in haven - a lot of us who are new, figure that the pirates WANT us to switch, as they're looking for some interaction. Thank you for pointing this out, and I can see how it is really breaking character to do so.

As far as factions...I have created the RBGH for those who wish to guard haven without joining TB, as I know it is a stumbling block for some on the shard, and I want to promote the idea of RBG without limiting it to anyone. And without turning Haven into a PvP battleground that is completely closed to those without artifacts, Faction or not.

I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with RBGH yesterday, but I think I will for now.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admit some of us are new to RP.

Personally, I welcome any and all constructive criticism.

For example, just hopping off characters and getting on RBG when there are pirates in haven - a lot of us who are new, figure that the pirates WANT us to switch, as they're looking for some interaction. Thank you for pointing this out, and I can see how it is really breaking character to do so.

I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with RBGH yesterday, but I think I will for now.
There is internal disagreement on this point.

Some of us don't care HOW you get there, just so long as you're there.
Some of us do.

From an RP standpoint, you should consider this:
If a pirate is standing around a city looking bored and trying to pick fights with the locals, then our official out of character stance is that a single warrior or patrol could easily "happen" upon us and dispense mad-justice.

If a fight has ensued in the middle of Everthorne, then it is unlikely that the participants of the fight could have run off and called in reinforcements. Therefore, it would be reasonable to assume that no reinforcements will come. In that case, if more people do show up, I may get in touch with the GM of that guild to find out how it happened. Usually, there's a story behind the others showing up.

For example:
Aneirin and Hawkeye Pike are in the middle of New Haven, obviously publicly drunk and causing a ruckus. Cyric shows up and starts to have a "chat" with them which, for reasons unknown to anyone else, winds up with Hawkeye's kryss heading for Cyric's eye.

Little to the pirate's knowledge, the "shadow", Murdie, is looking on and stealths off to the "headquarters" and calls in the troops. Suddenly, Hawkeye and Aneirin are surrounded, and after a quick beating, arrested.

From our perspective, it looks like people just showed up out of nowhere, so I call Corvus on the pigeon-line and ask "WTF?" (because I wanna be out of character since we just got trounced) Corvus' real life personality informs me that we were watched from the shadows the whole time, and suddenly I think everything is good in the world again. (The other option is "oops" and it never happens again)

It's a balancing act of what is allowed and what isn't, and I'm not planning on wasting much effort in scolding people for ...well, anything.

I will, however, resurrect two old plans of mine in order to help everyone out. After all, nobody gets it right right away, and we should be offering our aid both in and out of game to make sure everyone has fun.

In our next episode:
Dedigan revives her old production company, "Dedigan and Again Productions".

C

Corvak

Farsight, you make a lot of sense.

Looking forward to your two plans. :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another practice I have always adhered to is that if Aedon is caught in and area, with no armor on, and is confronted. He does NOT throw on his armor. To me it seems a bit odd that anyone is capable of a flash sort of change in attire.
He may draw his sword, but he will have to fight in what he has on at the time.

Disputes between two guild members of differing guilds should always be handled through the proper channels as listed above by Farsight.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the protocol in RP was that your people contact RBG people directly, in-game, if there are flaws in RP technique. Or is this not so?

How about inviting role-players from all "sides" to an in-game get together where we can refresh our memories about the accepted rules for RP and also posting these rules up front in an accessible spot on all our respective boards. Most of us haven't been role-playing for years. Wouldn't that be constructive?

Thank you.
I do not like to randomly break character in game,m there is only two reasons I will ever do so.

1.) I'm helping a returning player that has absolutely no idea what's with the new system

2.) I'm in a situation in Felucca or dealing with a griefer.

As for posting on the forum a conversation, I direct you to your very own thread where you asked for a transcript or a conversation that you and pitr turned into an RBG mob when it was originally a conversation where the EM was meeting a few people he hadn't met. So when I heard about that combined with how Pitr is so gun ho about publicizing everything everyone else does, I figured privacy wasn't an issue with you.

1. Fighting 1 on 1. Scarst isn't complaining. Heck, we'll fight outnumbering you as easily as you will fight outnumbering us (ask PGoH about that one). That part of the conversation is actually not important to me.

2. Roleplaying. The point Scarst is making (in my interpretation, I could be wrong) is that we need some work on that level. He gave some advice about character development and interaction.

In short, that is: remember to stay in character (We'll be VERY flexible on this issue since we know that many new RBG members are new to the RP game, but we'll still let you know when mistakes are made. Try to remember that it's not complaining, but an effort to help you blend in with the rest of us freaks.)

In an effort to stay in character, it helps to have a character. This means having a reason for what you're doing... even if it's as simple as "I'm now a young man who enlisted in the Royal Guard to attempt to defend Britannian shores from evils of all sorts", it's better than the perceived "I wanna PvP in Trammel where it's safer" that I'm hearing from "sources".

This doesn't mean that you can't have a PvP equipped character or use PvP tactics, so long as they stay within the rules of engagement. Though for some of you (Zuckuss), it may be more fun to fight with a handicap, as the RP community, with a few notable exceptions are not known for our PvP prowess. In fact, I encourage it... it gives us a reason to get better, and losing fights is as important to our roleplay as winning.

And Scarst:

SHAME ON YOU FOR LOSING! (this last comment is meant in jest, and should by no means be taken personally. Unless you're Scarst, who can likely tan my hide these days)
THIS! With a few adjustments, there is a difference between handicaps and explaining yourself in RP term.

Nah... I am listening.

I just dont get all this effort to tell us how to behave and why we should be something like this or that...

You fought like a pirate... we fought like an army unit.

Don't ask me to explain ninjitsu, stealth and hiding in RP... you know exactly like I do all the rules regarding those skills... they are subject to each guild/community RoE.

About fighting one on one... I fight one on one, seven on two, twenty one on seven... fighting is just fighting and uo is just pixels.

So I honestly dont understand what you are trying to say.
I figured you'd say that, and I probably should have saved my self time and finished my post assuming you would but I wanted to give you a chance to surprise me.

First Hiding and stealthing in RP are generally universal, you don't open a door while stealthing or you're free game, you don't hide while you are literally in the line of sight with people, Popping out in the middle of an open area with no conceivable explanation as to where you were before is frowned upon, if you use a smoke bomb in a fight it's to retreat not to hide and reappear at a later time.

these are generally respected principles of stealthers in RP.

And I now have confirmed that you nor orianna/le belle seem to have any interest in listening so I'm washing my hands of trying to help.

I'll let aneirin and hawkeye deal with you.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is internal disagreement on this point.

Some of us don't care HOW you get there, just so long as you're there.
Some of us do.

From an RP standpoint, you should consider this:
If a pirate is standing around a city looking bored and trying to pick fights with the locals, then our official out of character stance is that a single warrior or patrol could easily "happen" upon us and dispense mad-justice.

If a fight has ensued in the middle of Everthorne, then it is unlikely that the participants of the fight could have run off and called in reinforcements. Therefore, it would be reasonable to assume that no reinforcements will come. In that case, if more people do show up, I may get in touch with the GM of that guild to find out how it happened. Usually, there's a story behind the others showing up.

Productions".
I can see the difference in the two examples and they make sense. I would like to expand on the first example and relate it to RBG(Insert town initial here).

Now numbers play an important role here. In reality no flavor of RBG has that many in a given town. But, (to me) the illusion is that RBG has a significant presence in all towns it represents. I have read stories of famous pirates that have opposed, taken and plundered entire towns. But they didn't have to just get past one guard to do it.

If RBG had enough following that 20 or 30 folks played a guard in each town it would make sense that no single pirate would walk into a town without expecting a one vs many situation. No single pirate would expect to pick a fight and win. We don't have the numbers but still the illusion must be maintained that a substantial force protects the town at all times.

And the same thought works for the pirates. Just as one pirate should not walk into a town and ever expect to win, one RBG should not walk into a pirate town and ever expect to win. If I were playing an RBG char in a pirate stronghold alone and it came to blows, I would probably make sure I lost... even 1 vs 1. The only exception would be a pre-conceived plot (approved by both parties) that I was sneaking into their stronghold while they were away or few in number. Under normal circumstances, I may be able to run or hide, but escaping death or imprisonment would be the best I could hope for.

So I think it's just a state of mind. RBG didn't magically appear in the town... they are always there. If a pirate had an issue with a particular guard, they would have to try and catch (or lure) them alone outside of town for a 1 vs 1 fight.

I could also see valid complaints if RBG assigned to another town magically appeared. That would have to have a bit of back story to it.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First Hiding and stealthing in RP are generally universal, you don't open a door while stealthing or you're free game, you don't hide while you are literally in the line of sight with people, Popping out in the middle of an open area with no conceivable explanation as to where you were before is frowned upon, if you use a smoke bomb in a fight it's to retreat not to hide and reappear at a later time.
Makes sense, but with The RBG, every member is suppose to have his/her shadow.

The shadow is the extension of the guard (Guild Lore). And the shadow can be hiding anywhere and can strike anytime.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes sense, but with The RBG, every member is suppose to have his/her shadow.

The shadow is the extension of the guard (Guild Lore). And the shadow can be hiding anywhere and can strike anytime.

Sooo they are a gank squad?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose not as long as you remember that for every guard you see, you will wanna bring at least two players. :)

Every guard has one shadow.

I hope that makes it easy to gauge how many players youll want to bring (if it's to fight). Don't see how it's a gankfest.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have one hidden for every "guard", then it seems to me to be a perfect set up for ganking. I do not have to worry about this at all seeing that I do not dabble in factions. I suppose it is a common practice to do such things when you are a part of them.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does that have to do with factions?

Archers exist outside of factions.

As far as a gankfest, just bring two mages, or two warriors, or your own warrior and an archer if you see one guard. I don't see how it is deemed a gankfest. I also did'nt realize everything in roleplaying revolved around pvp.

One guard, one archer. Bring two warriors, two pirates, heck bring four, eight.

If you were to charge with ten people, wouldn't that also be a set-up for a gank if we only had two?

Maybe you are asking if there will just be an endless amount of people hidden? The answer is no. See above.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, I ain't got no problems with bein' outnumbered.

Or outnumberin' me opponents.

'Tis all a part of our histories. We cannae expect ta 'ave any fair fights in dis day'n age, eh?

(Quite frankly, if you have five guards on hand, and I'm alone... I may just surrender! Someone else may run. Having either option is rather handy.)

Speaking of histories. I remember a long long time ago, there was a group of orcs, lived up by Yew. Ye may remembers dems. Dey was da Shadowclan of legend. Dey always 'id demselfs, an' always outnumbered dere enemies. If dey wasn't in da majority, dey didnae fight... cept fer defendin' their fort.

We pirates ain't 'ad no troubles den neither. Well, except in da loss o' our valuable gear!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldnae shop dere.

Bought a parrot dere once, an' it wasn't on time!

Oh... wait... no... something else.

*thinks*

It'll come ta me eventually.