• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention Citizens of Minoc!

Trade Deal choice for Minoc

• Guild of Arcane Arts: +5% Spell Damage Increase

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Society of Clothiers: +1% Resist bump to all resists

• Bardic Collegium: +1 Faster Casting

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Order of Engineers: +3 Dexterity Bonus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guild of Healers: 5% Bandage Healing Bonus

• Maritime Guild: +2 Hit Point Regeneration

• Merchant’s Association: +2 Mana Regeneration

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Mining Cooperative: +3 Strength Bonus

• League of Rangers: +3 Intelligence Bonus

• Guild of Assassins: +5% Swing Speed Increase

• Warrior’s Guild: +5% Hit Chance Increase

• Total voters

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I attempted to do some polling in game for what the Citizens of Minoc would like as a Trade Deal but the poll box only allows 2 choices so it was slow moving. Ive decided it might be easier and faster just to poll here on stratics.

If youre not a Citizen of Minoc i politely ask you not to vote!

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually voted for Merchants myself. I think another city is doing Bardic but its up to the faithful citizens of Minoc!

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm disappointed that you didn't employ a binary search algorithm using your two choice poll.

Inefficient, tsk tsk tsk.

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will keep this poll up for about a week to give all citizens a chance to vote.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see the "Give 2 million to Wulf: Because he wants it" option and am thus unable to vote appropriately.

Gwenno

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As the novice bard i should vote for Bardic Collegium. And as the new citizen of Minoc i have no other choise, but to follow the masses.

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill close the poll about 3pm EST tomorrow. Its looking like the majority of members want Bardic +1 Faster Casting and Merchants +2 Mana Regen. If the numbers continue to stay pretty even i will alternate the trade deals starting with the Deal that received the most votes.

Thank you Citizens!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would love to see these 15 Citizens of Minoc all show up at the bank with their titles.

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats citizens!

I have activated the trade deal between South Barter Town(Minoc0 and The Bardic Collegum! After this deal expires we will alternate to the Merchants Association then continue to alternate between the two until the city is broke!

If you would like to see the trade deals continue longer please help out by donating at the stone!

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are trade deals? I gather that all citizens benefit from some mod, but what is the cost? I don't know what powers a governor has and what each mod might cost. How long does one payment for the mod cost? Does the payment increase based on number of citizens? How long does this mod last? How does the city replenish its funds? Why are we willing to deplete the funds for such a weak mod value?

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are trade deals? I gather that all citizens benefit from some mod, but what is the cost? I don't know what powers a governor has and what each mod might cost. How long does one payment for the mod cost? Does the payment increase based on number of citizens? How long does this mod last? How does the city replenish its funds? Why are we willing to deplete the funds for such a weak mod value?
gonna answer these in the same jumbled mess they were asked in.

Buffs from the town stone. the cost is 2m per week. you have to add the mod daily by visiting the town stone. price never changes. mod lasts 1 day. replenish city funds by citizens donating at the town stone and we get small percentages when people buy town banners and such. why? because every week someone says "hey gooch where is our trade deal?" so i sped up the process by posting a poll on stratics.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Small shards like Siege shouldn't cost that much. This is one tiny power an EM should have, the ability to once a week, click the stone and lower the price of a trade deal. This is in response to anyone that might say the code can't be rewritten just for Siege, no it can't, but things like that can easily be manipulated as needed. Just like the ridiculous Alchemy NPC at the Sea Market. He does not work correctly, takes forever to respawn Salt Peter and could be tweaked by hand if anyone other than me actually gave a crap. And yes I've emailed GMs multiple times and even made an Ask the Devs post which got ignored. /end rant