• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attention All MT Members [Past & Present (and future?)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long has it been now that MT has been devided, the Keeper not seen, the Tower itself in fel that the guild is based from has laid empty for far too long.

The members of MT are lost, confused some may say. I wish to give you the light that will shine your way through the darkness that has come over MT. No, I am not asking anyone to leave MT, far from it. I wish all current MT members to stay in MT, but that is more of a selfish wish really, stay in MT since I am not able too.

I will show you what MT was all about, I will show you what MT should be about, and I will show you that not all hope has been lost for that amazing Tower...for the "guild" that has stood the test of time and how much it was once apart of Baja's history, and how it can be part of Baja's future.

If you know any current, or old MT members that play, or even dont play...please let them know I am looking for them. If someone who has access to the MT forums could post this there, I would be very thankful.

Anyone will be invited, even if you were never in MT.
But please, speak out on here and we can all work out a date to which will work best for all to be able to attend.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An MT revival?

Interesting. Best of luck to you, Ceno.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would have to say yes and no to that Ken, I am not a member of MT. and there are only three people who can add anyone to the stone, two of which dont even play...they play WoW...
but thank you!

Y

Yalp

Ceno.. the keeper of the shard history! Something we need more of around here.

Go Cener Beaner GO!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol I'm only the MT historian! The shard historian is some old guy who tries to get young flirtatious women to sit on his lap *coughs* Nicholas the Old *coughs*

I

Ivan - MT

If someone who has access to the MT forums could post this there, I would be very thankful.
Even though our forums are dead now, I'll still copy/paste your message there just in case someone does drop in.

H

Hugh [MT]

Ceno, will you be providing any information before this meeting?

I only ask because I've attended your meetings before, and got no new information there. I've also failed to gather any factual content from your posts to the MT forums. To be honest, I've never heard anything from you, other than the claim that you have "knowledge". Perhaps I am not reading the correct posts?

If you would be so kind as to supply some facts I could verify, I would gladly attend your meeting, to hear more of your vision.

I look forward to participating in any discussion that would benefit The Mage Tower.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
come or dont come, thats your choice. personally Hugh, i dont like you, you claim to see seek out both sides of things but no matter what was said you only took one side. And that is all I am going to say about that.

lets hear your "knowledge" hugh, tell me...what history do you know of the guild you are in? what do you know of The Mage Tower?
I personally knew the first Keeper of the baja MT, and I knew the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th.
The 2nd Keeper of the Baja MT guilded me. Do you know how many nights I sat in the actual Tower on moonglow and talked a lot about MT with the founder and 2nd GM of MT.

I also know one of the founding members for the Lake Superior MT, as well as another long standing member who was there when the Gamemasters picked up the Tower from ice island and flew it over to where it stands now on Moonglow.

So Hugh...who do you think knows more about MT? You? or Me?

You dont care about MT at all, and your actions show it...what are your actions? you havent done anything....not a thing...
Members leave MT and if I recall...you and another person who I wont name...could care less because you can just "rebuild"

I am told over and over that i dont know the whole story, i dont know this or that. Yet I was the one who tried to hear all the stories, me. And what was I told? just a repeat..."you dont know Ceno...you dont know"

Heck I can even go on if you'd like but I still have respect for the man that Ivan use to be. The great Keeper that he use to be. I've shared PMs with Ivan, and I know Ivan reads these boards, and I would just like to say this as well.
I am still waiting for my reply.
I have always answered every one of your questions, why not answer mine?

yes I am calling you two out (hugh and ivan) cause frankly I am pissed. You two have let such a great and amazing guild fall to almost nothing again. And if you think I am the only one pissed then you are wrong. People who have never even been in MT are mad as well.

Do you know what I am told?
"Man it just sucks what happened with MT, I miss seeing them all around"

Yet NEITHER of you have done NOTHING! I have admitted my mistakes, made peace with them, yet neither of you two can even admit that you made any mistakes at all.

You two should be ashamed of yourselves, that you have to have a person who you all KICKED OUT and is trying to make sure no one else leaves the guild because they feel left out, alone.

Where is MT now? 182 members, now down to 75.
More than 100 toons taken out of the guild because you wont do anything.

Well here I am, doing something about it.

"A Mage Tower is a collection of characters (and their players) drawn together in the interests of role playing, exchange of ideas, and most of all, fun. It's a place to begin adventures, to learn the tricks of the trade, to practice, and to spend some time with friends. The Mage Tower is a neutral zone, and we don't care if you are red, blue, or grey. We have only 3 rules: no killing; no stealing; no looting (well, not unless you ask first). These rules can be summed up quite simply: No acting like a jerk. We provide a guildstone for those that would like the benefits of guild membership (NOTE: this is a neutral stone, it is never used for war), but you don't have to join to be a member. Becoming a member of the Mage Tower is as simple as coming and joining in the fun."

S'roneous the Purple Mage
Twig of Jhelom
Abby Redux

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ceno, will you be providing any information before this meeting?

I only ask because I've attended your meetings before, and got no new information there. I've also failed to gather any factual content from your posts to the MT forums. To be honest, I've never heard anything from you, other than the claim that you have "knowledge". Perhaps I am not reading the correct posts?

If you would be so kind as to supply some facts I could verify, I would gladly attend your meeting, to hear more of your vision.

I look forward to participating in any discussion that would benefit The Mage Tower.
Buona Sera, Brother. :D

I see that this is your first post to these forums? Well, then let me be the first to welcome you. I'm so pleased to see that a member of the Mage Tower would go out of his way to show an old comrade the sort of warmth and genuine interest that you've expressed here tonight. Bravo, my friend. You've proven true all the great and wonderful things I keep hearing about your community.

Ceno, the man you regard so reverently and have lauded with such praise, has proven himself time and time again to be a faithful student of those original ideals and pervasive themes that had once brought together hundreds of players from every shard to form the Mage Towers of Verity Isle. Of whom only two remain: Baja and Lake Superior. What were those themes again? Perhaps you can help me, Hugh? I think it was something about Openess? Neutrality, maybe? Friendship? Brotherhood? Community?

In the many years that he has been a member of the Mage Tower, Ceno has been one of the most outspoken proponents of the themes I speak of. He has been praised by some, accused of mutiny by others. I guess you can't please everyone. You might regard his as archaic values, vestiges of a bygone era, but are they not the same values that have held your community together now for a decade now? Just some food for thought.

I'm not about to start taking sides here. I've nothing but respect for both Ivan and Ceno. They both have a vision of what the Tower is, and what it should be. They both are community leaders. They both do great things and ask nothing in return. Ceno's vision is more traditional, more open. It is what the Tower was. Ivan's is, perhaps, what the Tower currently needs? One not necessarily be wrong for the other to be right. The tragedy here is that two good friends could not see eye to eye, and their friendship suffered because of it.

But hey, what can I say? Ceno is ours now, and you can have him back over my dead body.

What Ceno is doing though, this secretive project that has been delayed for a couple months now, is not to tear down the Mage Tower. I can speak as someone who is part of this grand scheme, there is no vendetta against the current Tower Community. Instead, what he wishes to do is to preserve for our shard those same ideals and that grand history that the Mage Tower is known for. Can you tell me, as a member of the Tower, who all the Keepers were? Can you tell me what they were like? Can you tell me about the grand event held by the Mage Tower in 1999 that brought the entire shard together? And no, it wasn't a Net Toss believe it or not.

So I will conclude by saying this. While several have chosen to laud me with praise for my knowledge of our shards history, and have thrust the mantle of Baja Historian upon my shoulders, it is Ceno who is more deserving of that honor. The man can tell you about so many stories and events that I had no inkling or rememberance of. And what he is building is something to preserve all this. If any truly deserves the honor, it is he.

Warmest Regards, Hugh.

WarderDragon

Z

Zyron

Well, i am an ex- MT member but i would GREATLY like to see MT get picked up off the ground again.. it was really quite depressing when they fell apart..

i will try to come to this meeting if i ddont forget like every other event :cursing:

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you brother for your kind words and support for the many events I have planned for MT and for all of Baja.
I promised to bring something back to Baja, and I will keep my word. If someone wants to know what it is then I will sum it up in just one word.

Story.

I have started the Story, the Widow has even helped with the Story, and if you want to know even more...Then read Evil Awakenings.

Zyron, your mother is Pandora/Dark Gold correct? I have her on icq and I send her msgs about up coming events all the time, if you have icq you can reach me at 51507530 and I will be sure to make a schedule that EVERY MT (and any Afk/UTB members) who show an interest in coming will be there. If it has to be planned a month in advance so people can request time off from work then so be it, it will be a month away. But so far you are the only one who says they want to come.

K

Kiljaedon

Back in 1998 when the Mage Tower was moved over to Moonglow I was heavily involved with its members. They paid me well for my alchemy services and our debates over magic being the bane of all of humanity was heated but the philosophy and neutrality of the Tower was what I most valued.

I can recall only once they took up arms and that was when they was torn between factions after Trammel was released along with Illenshar. I really hope what sanity is left in the magus community of Baja can itleast meet eye to eye and not stain the reputation of the tower by needless calling out and bickering.

A

Alucius(MT)

Ceno, my friend, follow your dreams of teaching the history of The Mage Tower and don't let things that people say get to you. I remember shard hopping with you to bring other Mage Tower information to the Mage Tower on Baja. You are a great historian and alot of fun to be around.

Just keep doing what you do and I'm sure The Mage Tower will live forever. Ivan may not be playing right now, but you and I both know that he will not let it fall. You two, indeed, have different views of what The Mage Tower is and what it needs, but The Mage Tower IS in good hands.

You have to let things take their course....Time heals all.

Anyways, good luck with your endeavor and above all else.....HAVE FUN!!! :)

Love ya man,
Ally

I

Ivan - MT

Heck I can even go on if you'd like but I still have respect for the man that Ivan use to be. The great Keeper that he use to be. I've shared PMs with Ivan, and I know Ivan reads these boards, and I would just like to say this as well.
I am still waiting for my reply.
I have always answered every one of your questions, why not answer mine?

yes I am calling you two out (hugh and ivan) cause frankly I am pissed. You two have let such a great and amazing guild fall to almost nothing again. And if you think I am the only one pissed then you are wrong. People who have never even been in MT are mad as well.

Do you know what I am told?
"Man it just sucks what happened with MT, I miss seeing them all around"

Yet NEITHER of you have done NOTHING! I have admitted my mistakes, made peace with them, yet neither of you two can even admit that you made any mistakes at all.

You two should be ashamed of yourselves, that you have to have a person who you all KICKED OUT and is trying to make sure no one else leaves the guild because they feel left out, alone.
The only difference between what I used to be and now is I'm not following or agreeing with our direction you wished the guild to follow. It all started when asked if I would re-guild a certain person and I said no. Then I removed a guild from our Alliance due to a difference in opinion and direction from my view. This is when you began to freak out and get pissed and continue to preach "The MT way" to me post after post. This is where our problems began my friend. Also remember you are the one who let yourself get kicked from MT by me alone. I warned you and said to stop with all the anti Ivan phrases you were making in guild & alliance chat. I won't have someone personally bashing me unfairly imo. You continued and you were removed, simple as that.

There are two sides to the fence within MT & the alliance in reguards to you and to some who jumped ship to form the other group. That can't be changed. You also say peeps miss them old days....well so do I. One day I'm at a roast for Sara & me, then approx. 1 month later I'm not playing anymore due to all the drama & sh*t that went down so fast. Amazing to watch so many people all of a sudden pick sides and point finger and make bulls**t claims and comments when sadly most didn't even know what "really" happened. So I closed the curtain that fast on 7 years of UO, the spark I once had was put out quickly and harshly.

I have admitted fault many times prior to this, many just refuse to see it. Since I was GM of MT & of the Alliance at the time of the fallout, I'll take the majority of the blame for it..that's fine. I still stand behind many of my decisions though....not all, but most of them.

To answer your other question.....I will continue to be GM of MT for as long as I choose to. If you think I'm going to hand it over to someone who YOU think is worthy....you are mistaken again. I'm not knocking on the people you want me to hand it over, but when you PM me and basically demand me to while pancakes in the same sentence.....that won't help your cause at all. Like I mentioned to you in my last PM to you, calmer words and a better choice in how you use your words will get you much further along in my book then simply flaming & cussing at me.

It's been over 6 months now since all the sh*t hit the fan, why don't you get over it and continue on with your life in your other guilds you play in. You are not in MT, get used to the fact for a change.

Spend your time doing what you seem to do great at, and that's what you're currently doing now. Playing reporter and trying your best at entertaining the fine folks of Baja. I do commend you on a job well done there.

Ivan GM of (MT)

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to argue personal matters here, i still have all the PMs we've exchanged and i can tell you that this all did NOT start with wanting to add someone you didnt wish too.
I will say this. I have moved on, clearly you are the one who hasnt. I believe it was you who were the one who PMed me trying to start something off again from something that was said by a person who was never even in MT saying something about someone you care about and then claim that is why you dont pass down MT.

You tell me im not in MT, and that i should move on, i believe i said i HAVE moved on....pay attention to the upcoming stories I'll be writing, come to the events that will be happening. You will see how much I moved on *grins*

But that comment right there goes to show how much you dont even care for the values of the guild that was intrusted to you.
*shrugs* oh well, have fun on WoW while someone else is trying to save a guild thats been around longer than you have been playing UO. Clearly someone else wont do it.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is going nowhere good. I'm locking it. Take it to PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.