• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Attempting to make a sampire "uber suit"

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

I have decided to invest as much as it takes in time and gold to try to make a sampire suit that I can really feel good about and do everything with. I intend to buy a pile of wood, the imbuing ingredients, POFs, and forged metal tools if necessary.

Here are my questions:
1. My sampire is an elf, is woodland my best bet?
2. Is anyone using reforging to build sampire suits, or is it just not worth it? If they are, what sort of tools are they using?
3. As I understand, the process (if not using reforging) is craft out of heartwood (?), look for hci 5/di 10 mod, POF, imbue. Is there a better way to go about this (assuming time and resources is not an issue). Would it be wiser to craft out of plain, PoF, Imbue, then enhance and hope for a useful mod?

In general, I'm happy to put in the time and figure out where I want resists and all, but I just want to make sure I'm not going to go about wasting millions in gold doing it wrong!

Thanks!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would be better to read about this in the warrior forum as there are alot of sampire threads there which cover this topic. To answer your question reforging is not the best route given that the mods one looks for in a sampire suit are not able to be grouped together ie:5 hpi, 8 stam, 8 mana, 8 lmc and a resist are the options most people wanted in a suit. After this piece is made it is then enhanced with heartwood and we all hoped for a good mod like HCI, some people used the enhancing tool while others broke 100's before getting what they wanted(myself included due to limited tools on Napa). POF first.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The intensity weights for mods most of us put on sampire armor pieces are as follows:
Resist - 100
LMC - 110
HPI - 110
MI - 110
SI - 110

If you want to go with a reforge -> imbue -> enhance plan you need to ask yourself what property you are trying to get overweighted through reforging. One option proposed is to reforge for 5HCI and then hope either bump that to 10HCI or get 10DI added by the enhance. The only downside here is that the 5HCI from reforging replaces one of your 5 imbues.

My opinion is that for the majority of your suit you are better off with craft normal -> pof -> imbue -> forged tool charge -> enhance. If you really need a specific bump on a property you could perhaps benefit from reforging one or two pieces, but any more than that may mean you are sacrificing either resists or stats. Also recall that an optimal suit likely includes jewelry from the new loot tables. Getting those pieces in non-cursed fashion that deliver just what you want may be costly or very time consuming.

Old Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The intensity weights for mods most of us put on sampire armor pieces are as follows:
Resist - 100
LMC - 110
HPI - 110
MI - 110
SI - 110

If you want to go with a reforge -> imbue -> enhance plan you need to ask yourself what property you are trying to get overweighted through reforging. One option proposed is to reforge for 5HCI and then hope either bump that to 10HCI or get 10DI added by the enhance. The only downside here is that the 5HCI from reforging replaces one of your 5 imbues.

My opinion is that for the majority of your suit you are better off with craft normal -> pof -> imbue -> forged tool charge -> enhance. If you really need a specific bump on a property you could perhaps benefit from reforging one or two pieces, but any more than that may mean you are sacrificing either resists or stats. Also recall that an optimal suit likely includes jewelry from the new loot tables. Getting those pieces in non-cursed fashion that deliver just what you want may be costly or very time consuming.
Hey thanks, that's extremely helpful! That satisfies a lot of questions

And thanks Picus for your feedback as well. :)

Zeroh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to make my own sampire suit. Unfortunately neither i want to spent real money nor i have enough gold to buy forged tools.

Would it be enought to craft a piece already with special wood and imbue it? Maybe using a little PoF in the process.

PuckOfPacific

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not for an "uber" suit. No. for a starter suit, maybe. I have killed and farmed many a thing in the Abyss, the ratmen with one of those blessed suits that change color once you get all the pieces, and with that sold the mats from looting, to raise the funds to get a uber samp suit. or go where samps go and see if anyone around has a suit that is outdated to sell you. Go to the big Fel champs with a stealther to BOS the gold that frequently gets left behind. 20 or 30 visits should net you enough gold to buy a forged tool. Whirl wind on a soulseeker weilding dexxer who has all the sampire skills does pretty well with the rat spawn, plus a primer on arms. I think i did the rats alot with an older dexxer template that had chiv healing bush parry swords tactics, and did well there for a long time. get a good weap and go to the ice dungeon and farm ice fiends for a coupl of mills to buy some of this stuff, then on to the abyss to farm more stuff, i heard there is a few goblin mini champs that are a little easier then the rat ones. I stay away from the rat one that had archery. consecrate, enemy of one, whirl wind. over and over. get lots of rats to target you and blamo they die
loot and repeat! Also since your suit is blessed, i forget the name of the suit, when you die it's pretty cheap insurance wise.