• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ATM???

G

I can gracefully walk away from TSO but what upsets me is this...

I think EA has known for some time now that the game was heading for the worst, so my question is...why would you still accept ppl's money from the ATM's? In fact, I just used the ATM this morning and spent 20 bucks! I deserve a refund for that because EA knew damn well when they woke up this morning that the game was going to be closing. that's scamming if you ask me! In fact, I think all monies taken by EA from the ATM's should be refunded to all of the players that used them. I don't care about the 10 to 15 a month for the account, that got used as it was paid for. The ATM money is different....lot's of ppl used them to get simoleans so they could craft, built homes, do roof art ect. for things to have and use in the FUTURE of the game. Now that the future is gone, we should get our money back!!!! Also, I have a pogo account and have referred other players to pogo so I did them a favor in a way! I might just cancel my pogo account if EA doesn't compensate me....and NO that doesn't mean give me free pogo for a year either! Anyone agree?

I

imported_Founder

I sympathize with you, but would you be more relieved if they announced it in 5 days instead? There will always be a "bubble boy/girl" unfortunately who uses ATM and bam!

I

imported_Qute Pi

I agree that we had silence for 3 weeks, an obvious indication there was a problem...
They should have turned off the atm then...even using the excuse that it broke if they didn't want everyone to know the game was ending.

I thought long ago that I would never purchase anything from EA again. I just had to ride out my 5 year TSO history. I tell you its much easier to break a habit when forced. lol.

I do see myself thinking twice before buying any ea product in the future...

G

I appreciate your unhappiness, especially after using the ATM, but I doubt that they will refund, because your simoleons did & still will, buy game items for as long as the game is live....another 90 days.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I sympathize with you, but would you be more relieved if they announced it in 5 days instead? There will always be a "bubble boy/girl" unfortunately who uses ATM and bam!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but come on...I used the ATM about 2 hours before they posted on the blog. If they knew about this last night even, they should have disabled the ATM's. You don't think I deserve a refund??

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, but come on...I used the ATM about 2 hours before they posted on the blog. If they knew about this last night even, they should have disabled the ATM's. You don't think I deserve a refund??

[/ QUOTE ]

No i don't. With a game that was basically still under construction you take a chance investing your money into it. Just like you can buy a plane ticket but you have no guarantee the airline won't go out of business before you fly.

I do feel you have crappy luck. And I feel for you there. But, you still have time to use and enjoy playing the game. Or you can fight for a refund you won't get.

Resistance is futile.

I

imported_Founder

Yeah true....they couldve disabled ATMs...

This is a gray area. As Gilly just said, you can still use them during next 3 months...Im sure you werent the only one. If you ask me, I think you should get it.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

I think EA has known for some time now that the game was heading for the worst, so my question is...why would you still accept ppl's money from the ATM's? In fact, I just used the ATM this morning and spent 20 bucks! I deserve a refund for that because EA knew damn well when they woke up this morning that the game was going to be closing. that's scamming if you ask me! In fact, I think all monies taken by EA from the ATM's should be refunded to all of the players that used them. I don't care about the 10 to 15 a month for the account, that got used as it was paid for. The ATM money is different....lot's of ppl used them to get simoleans so they could craft, built homes, do roof art ect. for things to have and use in the FUTURE of the game. Now that the future is gone, we should get our money back!!!! Also, I have a pogo account and have referred other players to pogo so I did them a favor in a way! I might just cancel my pogo account if EA doesn't compensate me....and NO that doesn't mean give me free pogo for a year either! Anyone agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. This game dying shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. It's been on life support for ages. You paid your money and took your chances. Besides, what are you going to do if they don't give you your money back? Quit Pogo? I'm sure that has them shaking in their boots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree that we had silence for 3 weeks, an obvious indication there was a problem...
They should have turned off the atm then...even using the excuse that it broke if they didn't want everyone to know the game was ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!
I know they probably won't give me a refund but I will be the squeekiest damn wheel they've ever heard and you know the saying...."the squeeky wheel always get's the grease"! I WILL get a refund for at least the ATM withdrawl I did earlier today! I will fight til the very end over this matter.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. This game dying shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. It's been on life support for ages. You paid your money and took your chances. Besides, what are you going to do if they don't give you your money back? Quit Pogo? I'm sure that has them shaking in their boots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit Pogo? Nope! I just want my 20 bucks back that I paid for TODAY....the same day they said they were closing!
Also, what if I took that 20 bucks out earlier today to build a house? Oh yeah, let's work hard on a house that I'll only get to play for 3 more months? Alot of ppl have lost their interest in the game after hearing about this. Me being one of them. The game had goals and now none of that matters anymore now that we know there is no future here

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good luck with that... lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently you must be a passive, non go-getter type of person to have that kind of thinking! I on the other hand fight for what I believe in. Hey, when I get my twenty bucks back I'll be sure to let ya know

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently you must be a passive, non go-getter type of person to have that kind of thinking! I on the other hand fight for what I believe in. Hey, when I get my twenty bucks back I'll be sure to let ya know

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect it to happen around the same day I buy Jesus Soap.

G

okay, here is an analogy to better explain how I feel....

Let's say you just went on a job interview and got hired. Your new boss said to come in tomorrow and purchase your work uniforms. So you go in and spend money on these uniforms to only hear later that day that the place of work will be going out of business in 3 months. Now, would you really want to work there knowing that there is no future? Of course not. And then someone say's to you..."well you still get to use the uniforms for 3 months"! Wouldn't you feel screwed around?

And NO I really thought that with all of the changes they were making that the game would have a good future...nobody said that it was going to be cancelled.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh gawd - plz don't get her started.

G

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aren't you just a positive ray of sunshine....NOT! My goodness, have a little compassion and positive thinking....negative attitudes like that won't get you anywhere in life...maybe that's why you don't believe it could happen...too negative to get what you want.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He already brought it! LOL

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aren't you just a positive ray of sunshine....NOT! My goodness, have a little compassion and positive thinking....negative attitudes like that won't get you anywhere in life...maybe that's why you don't believe it could happen...too negative to get what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rach can have anything she wants. I offer her my soul and random anatomy parts nightly

M

mysticlisa516

Call you bank immediately and dispute the charges that will be coming thru. Also, contact paypal and let them know what happened. I have already called my bank.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweety, I'm not a child. And frankly, I do not care what you feel will get me where in life. No I am not a positive ray of sunshine. I am a realistic and pale happily married smartass. And people who know me wouldn't have it any other way

A little birdie told me refunds might be possible - i'm glad for you. Do I think you absolutely deserve or should expect a refund? No, unfortunately. Do I hope you get one? sure.

Plus, the jesus soap... was a joke. By all means don't let me ruin your Little Orphan Annie "The sun'll come out tomorrow" attitude. I'm sure it's charming to some people.

P

Paula778

hell yea you should be refunded!

out of courtesy they should have disables the atms at least 48 hours of announcement!
out of fairness, 48 hours before they decided to shut down!

those dudes are just trying to start a discussion with you...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweety, I'm not a child. And frankly, I do not care what you feel will get me where in life. No I am not a positive ray of sunshine. I am a realistic and pale happily married smartass. And people who know me wouldn't have it any other way

A little birdie told me refunds might be possible - i'm glad for you. Do I think you absolutely deserve or should expect a refund? No, unfortunately. Do I hope you get one? sure.

Plus, the jesus soap... was a joke. By all means don't let me ruin your Little Orphan Annie "The sun'll come out tomorrow" attitude. I'm sure it's charming to some people.

[/ QUOTE ]I too am a grown happily married woman and you only upset me cause it seemed like you were trying to knock me off the horse when I showed any kind of hope of getting compensated. I've had a bad day and the last thing I needed was someone being a smartass toward me. I'm not going to argue back and forth anymore....I have dinner to cook and homework to get my kids started on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Call you bank immediately and dispute the charges that will be coming thru. Also, contact paypal and let them know what happened. I have already called my bank.

[/ QUOTE ]Good luck with that. You used your money to buy virtual goods. You received said virtual goods. There is no guarantee or warranty of any kind, explicit nor implicit, in writing or any other form, guaranteeing that the virtual goods will be worth anything for any length of time.

You got what you paid for. I'm afraid you do not have a case.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

start a discussion with you...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! A Discussion? A REAL Discussion? On a forum? Where people discuss things? OMG!

P

Paula778

don't start with me, i'm tryin to ignore ur post in all threads lol

P

Paula778

that may count for ebay or paypal i forgot, at my bank direct debits can be recalled within 6 weeks after quarter-end..
credit card payments can be pulled back as well...

M

mysticlisa516

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Good luck with that. You used your money to buy virtual goods. You received said virtual goods. There is no guarantee or warranty of any kind, explicit nor implicit, in writing or any other form, guaranteeing that the virtual goods will be worth anything for any length of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least I am trying, not rolling over and playing dead for a company that don't give a crap about their customers. I will never in my life not fight back when I believe that I was used in any sort of way. I don't care if it's one person or a big company. When you screw someone over you deserve to redeem yourself to that person. That's all I expect.

Yes I know, the happy cheerleaders are saying I wasn't screwed over. But I am the one to say how I've been treated, not you.

G

i think you should buy some more Simoleans from the ATM... The more the better i always say!! But yeah, you signed the Terms of Service agreement and they have the right to terminate anything. Pretty much i think for the past month it was the whole point to let people purchase so they can make a little bit more money out of suckers usuing the atms, not to mention the subscription fees. The sims Online has been dead for awhile and EA Land is in Beta, Beta is used for users to try it out and to see if the game will go far, hey guess what BETA DIDN'T WORK!! game over, time to go home, look for other hobbies, work, sleep, play around with your girl/boyfriend. Download some adult entertainment and wax the weasel... etc etc LMAO

G

<blockquote><hr>

Pretty much i think for the past month it was the whole point to let people purchase so they can make a little bit more money out of suckers usuing the atms, not to mention the subscription fees.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly!!!
I'm actually looking foward to the game ending, now I can get back to real life!
I really hope EA isn't dirty like that....that's messed up ripping ppl off!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least I am trying, not rolling over and playing dead for a company that don't give a crap about their customers. I will never in my life not fight back when I believe that I was used in any sort of way. I don't care if it's one person or a big company. When you screw someone over you deserve to redeem yourself to that person. That's all I expect.

Yes I know, the happy cheerleaders are saying I wasn't screwed over. But I am the one to say how I've been treated, not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He already brought it! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. Wasn't talking about you! Rach knows who I mean.

I

imported_Brownie

Well JessKa,

guess you can tell all those negative, smartass and down right rude posters where to go, because EA IS refunding all fees for simoleans purchased within the last 60 days. I personally just got off the phone with EA, who not only processed my refund request for atm purchases, but also refunded this months fees for all my accounts.

To bad people have to be so rude when they dont even yet know the answer to a question or even be so critical of a question.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well JessKa,

guess you can tell all those negative, smartass and down right rude posters where to go, because EA IS refunding all fees for simoleans purchased within the last 60 days. I personally just got off the phone with EA, who not only processed my refund request for atm purchases, but also refunded this months fees for all my accounts.

To bad people have to be so rude when they dont even yet know the answer to a question or even be so critical of a question.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya hear that Rach? They are refunding! Thank Brownie for the info, I fee much better now