• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Atlantic Shard - Ultima Online OSI" Discord has been started!

Enziet

Journeyman
We have an in game world chat... Multiple channels... Plus the forums here. Just another VoIP service trying to take off I guess. Thx but no thx :) Good luck!

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In game chat can be useless as there is no way to go back very far and it can get littered. Discord allows people who were not even logged in at the time to see what the past conversations were about. It is not just another VoIP channel as it combines VoIP, forums AND chat ALL in one place that people can see over periods of time. I don't know about you, but I do not have time to be a forum warrior but I also want to be a part of it. Discord will solve that problem. Thanks but no thanks for your comment!
Discord is superior, some are stuck in very old ways.

Last edited:

Enziet

Journeyman
Now as I suggested in game. If they merged an IRC / Discord server I would login to the IRC server. This way we have one community for both sides of the people that prefer Discord and people that prefer IRC. SotA is already doing it why can't this guy? Just a suggestion. Once it's done lemme know and maybe I'll join ya :)

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Post if you ever get a Discord channel , I would like to ask some questions about the current UO,since I have not played since 2003.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I said the same thing, but it's pretty nice. Very little system impact as well. Definitely better than Vent or ICQ. I've never tried IRC.

Enziet

Journeyman
Any progress on the merged Dis/IRC ? I spoke with someone early about it said they were looking into it?

Kemmer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
is this still available? getting back into the game after a decade and I'm sure I'll need some guidance