• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Revert Jolly Roger Flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After the Great Atlantic Revert, Mesanna came to Atlantic and showed us a Jolly Roger Flag which would be given to everyone who suffered due to this great event. We were told it was going to be sent back to the artist to make it a bit neater, and......well, I guess it got lost in the void.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahh, ok. I definitely remember the revert and got caught up in the crappy end of the pool on it but never heard about the flag. Cool. Maybe the post will jog her memory on it and get it rolled out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And they probably decided that the free month was enough compensation.

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I asked Mesanna about this issue in August and she told me she was not happy with the original artwork and they were re-doing it.
But she did promise that we would indeed be getting one. It would most likely be available via a Clicky-type Object and would be available for a 24 hour period.
So I hope we do get some advance notice when that does happen.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be nice to get some kind of update. I mean, unless showing everyone on the shard the flag was just a big tease

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You best raise the Jolly Roger! Pirates are in the PLAYOFFS!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I asked Mesanna about this issue in August and she told me she was not happy with the original artwork and they were re-doing it.
But she did promise that we would indeed be getting one. It would most likely be available via a Clicky-type Object and would be available for a 24 hour period.
So I hope we do get some advance notice when that does happen.
So much for promises. (another year later....)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, I had completely forgotten about the Jolly Roger Flag until now. Guess they gave up on it....*sigh* it looked so cool to.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A Jolly Roger should be a Veteran Reward or a drop from from what's the name of that sea monster that is as hard as Scalis yet no one fights because it drops nothing?

A Jolly Roger House Flag or a Jolly Roger Ship flag would make some nice additions to the game.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone's been rooting in last years trash can! Maybe they put up the 24 hour clicky and nobody showed up?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A Jolly Roger should be a Veteran Reward or a drop from from what's the name of that sea monster that is as hard as Scalis yet no one fights because it drops nothing?

A Jolly Roger House Flag or a Jolly Roger Ship flag would make some nice additions to the game.
Ooh, like a one-tile addon? That would be awesome!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Looks up from his seat by the fire*

"While this would be cool, frankly I appreciate all the work that has been put in over the last year.

I am also happy to let this go. There are more important things on the horizon.

*throws a log on the fire*

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree there are more important things for them to do, I just don't understand why they never gave them to us when it was already created and 100% done with. I was there the day Mesanna put one on top of the Atlantic Moonglow building, it looked great, there was really no reason they couldn't have just locked one down and made it a clicky item.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Someone's been rooting in last years trash can! Maybe they put up the 24 hour clicky and nobody showed up?
Someone would have seen it hehe, there were lots of people tracking it's progress for months. Some are still tracking it apparently, since the thread got ressurected.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It just is.

We do not need to know the why's It is a year past.

Let's move on with the current and the future.

Forgiving this and open to what is next

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well if they said they would do it, they should do it. They decide what they want to do in these situations and once they promise the players something it should happen. I'm sure they have someone capable of pulling off a pirate flag. At least I would hope they would.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Exactly, that doesn't look bad at all. I like it. Maybe you should design a flag for Broadsword and email it too them, lol. The creativity the players have in this game is really something. A tribute to the players and the game. Closest thing I've come to doing something like that is making my own toilet, lol.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It just is.

We do not need to know the why's It is a year past.

Let's move on with the current and the future.

Forgiving this and open to what is next
Couldn't agree more. Even though I would love one of these flags, I THOROUGHLY appreciate the effort and the dedication the dev team has put into the game.

- Faster response from GM's
- Advisers
- VvV
- Broadsword

etc
etc
etc
etc

If it keeps progressing like it has been, I couldn't care less if i got a flag or not. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminds me of 5 malas castles per shard. Anyone remember that fiasco? Sweep it under the rug, maybe no one will remember. :)
yes remeber that well...what was it 2-3 tops given out the 5 per shard...some with none....dohhhhh ...no emails... etc etc etc

still happy to take one of the not given out ones on europa if my email got lost???

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
almost like they dont think things completely through. Or maybe they do and it was just all about people coming back to UO.
17 year vet reward = "a second house deed" redeemable only once and account bound

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Clearly we can add the flag to the pile of "we almost got them" items that have never been given out over the years.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't bother asking her when I saw her this summer. I just figure if we didn't receive it by now, we most likely won't be seeing it at all.
I am extremely disappointed and disheartened at UO right now. It's been going on for years and slowly building. It led to me cancelling one of my 5 accounts last year.

I revived this post because of the recent issue with the timers. The developers changed the decay timers without saying anything about it. It directly caused me to lose my boat and the hundreds of hours it took to collect all the fish/crabs/lobster for the quest. Then add on to that losing the reputation because you have to quit the quest. Disheartening doesn't seem like a strong enough word.

The response I got was pretty predictable. 'I cannot track your ship, so there is nothing I can do....'.

So, you make an unannounced changed, cause me to loose hundreds (I'd say at least 1200 hours, considering it was both my wife and I doing it together) of hours and there is nothing you can do? Not willing to put in the effort to go back and find it? It's like them making houses decay again with an accelerated timer without telling anyone they did it and people who don't log in for 3 days lose their houses.

It reminded me of this... where they had an issue and we had to revert weeks. One of the promises made was the flag. Another broken promise. (no, I am not saying anyone promised anything regarding my ship and lost contents, I am referring to other broken promises across the years).

It's like they really don't care, they know that people will keep paying regardless of what is done. I used to play UO anywhere from 30 to 60+ hours a week.... for years. Now, I haven't played UO much at all. Maybe 20 hours since this happened. And I haven't even logged on the account that the boat was on. I just cannot do it.

Normally, I am a person who just moves on from things. But, at some point as the pain and broken promises and lack of fulfillment add up... at some point you just have to walk away. While, today isn't that day for me... it is a lot closer than I ever thought it would have been.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be happy if they fixed the ninja Cu-form healing that have been broken for years or made the metal gargoyle amulets reforgeable or put more then 10 charges on runic mallets.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It would be great if someone spent 1 day cleaning up the landscape to.....removing all the hundreds of stretched hides, lanterns, statues, and other bits of broken crap that have gotten stuck over the years. They could at least try to have the Advisors do it.

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be great if someone spent 1 day cleaning up the landscape to.....removing all the hundreds of stretched hides, lanterns, statues, and other bits of broken crap that have gotten stuck over the years. They could at least try to have the Advisors do it.
on Baja in Fel we have tons of dead spots you cant even run through, I have told mesanna as well as paged GMs and the only response I have ever gotten is "Fel is not exactly the same as Tram". To this I say, I would agree but not to run through open areas is a bit much.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its arrived! Luna moongate.

1 per character. Shard bound item.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator