[Discussion] Atlantic Rares Festival Silent Auction

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 13, 2006
It's getting closer to the Rares Festival so i wanted to post the rules of the silent auction. This will be the .... umm.... 4th rares festival in which Sundina and I will be running the world famous Silent Auction. We started it up following the Pacific Rares Fest when we hosted our own festival on Chesapeake back in July of 2010.

So let me explain the rules:

-All items must be submitted ONLY to myself aka Masta Blasta or Sundina. We are both in a guild named Very Important Persons, abbreviation VIPz. We will both also be wearing our blue Master Sergeant of the Knights of the Crux Ansata body sashes and a white skirt that reads "Atlantic Rares Festival At Toad Town Staff". Also, we will both have the guild title "Silent Auction Host." My ICQ number is 102388892 and Sundina's is 95509325. My stratics name is Demonous and Sundina's is Sunny Girl. There is a person with a stratics name "Master Blaster" that is NOT me so please DO NOT message them about the silent auction. We will only accept icqs from legitimate names, none of those weird names with strange letters and numbers mixed in. The auction house itself will be owned by Gareth who hosted the Chesapeake Rares Festival this past January and is a moderator on stratics, but it will be myself and Sundina running the auction.

-We will not be responsible for any items that you submit to the wrong person because i specifically stated who to look for and it will be impossible for anyone to mimic us, so if you happen to give an item to the wrong person, please do not hold it against us.

-Anyone that wants to submit an item to the Silent Auction House will be able to do so starting a week before the actual festival takes place.

-We will ONLY be accepting true rares and event items, please do not try to submit random items that you would sell on a vendor in Luna such as veteran reward items, set armor such as assassin armor, grizzled mare statuette, etc. None of those items will be accepted. Again i repeat true rares and event items only !!! We should have enough space for roughly 96 items.

ITEM SUBMISSION:

-When submitting an item, please place it in a bag with a book, in the book include your name, the name of the item(s) you are submitting, the starting bid for your item(s), a reserve bid for your item(s) if you wish to include one, a buyout for your item(s) if you wish to include one, and your icq number. If you don't use icq, include your stratics name.

-Starting Bid: A starting bid can be anything you want it to be such as open to the floor, 1 mil, 50 mil, 100 mil, 1 billion, or anything in between. If you only have a starting bid set on your item, then it will run through the duration of the festival and sell to the high bidder at the closing time. Once an item receives a bid, you will not be able to withdraw it from the auction house.

-Reserve: A reserve can be set on any item. For example, many people like to start an item at a certain open such as 50 mil, and maybe set their reserve to 250 mil. So people can start bidding at 50 mil and bid as high as they like. If by the time the auction ends and the bid has not reached the reserve, the seller then has the option to take the item back or sell it to the high bidder. People like to include reserves so that they are guaranteed to get what they're looking for if the item sells and don't have to worry about. Some people set a low open and include a higher reserve so that a bidding war gets going and will go up to and sometimes past the reserve. The reserve is not a buyout if that is what is confusing you. If an item reaches the reserve, then it must be sold, but it can keep being bid on through the duration of the auction. The reserve is just a safety mechanism that sellers use to guarantee themselves at least the reserve amount of gold if the item does sell. Once your reserve price is met, you cannot withdraw the item from the auction house.

-Buyout: A buyout can be placed on any item. This means that if a seller for example opens an item as 1 mil and places a buyout at 500 mil, then someone bids 500 mil on the item, it will immediately be sold to that player before the end of the auction. When placing a buyout, you MUST include the buyout in your book when you submit it to me or Sundina. You CANNOT icq me a few days later and say you want to add a buyout to an item, we will not allow it because it is unfair for people that wanted an item but were not on at the right time and then someone sees the buyout and jumps on it and gets the item because they are at the right place at the right time. It has happened in the past and it is not fair to anyone. Once your item receives a bid, you will not be able to remove it from the auction house.

To sum it up: When submitting items, put them in a bag, with a book, include all the necessary info. For each item you MUST include a starting bid, a reserve and a buyout are completely optional.

BIDDING:

-There will be a bulletin board behind each item to use. When bidding on an item, post your bid and your icq number. If you don't have icq, post your stratics name. For example if i were to bid on something, and i wanted to bid 5 mil, i would post "5 mil, icq 102388892." You do not need to post your name because it shows the name of who made the post. The minimum bid increment on any item at the silent auction house will be 1 million gold, so if something is currently bid up to 5 mil, do not bid 5.5 mil because it will not be accepted, instead bid 6 mil.

END OF THE AUCTION:

-The auction will end on Saturday September 24th at 11:00pm eastern standard time. Any item bid on between 10:50pm and 11:00pm will extend that item for an extra 10 minutes. So if someone bids on an item at 10:55, then the item will keep going till 11:05. If that does happen and someone then bids on that same item at 11:04, then it will continue till 11:14. If no one bids between 11:04 and 11:14, then the high bidder will win the item. This will go on forever until there is a 10 minute interval with no bid on each item. No items will be sold that night, instead items will start being sold the following day on Sunday at 1:00 pm eastern standard time. If we cannot contact the buyer of an item by Tuesday September 27th at 11pm est, we will then sell it to the next highest bidder. This should be more than enough time for someone to buy an item they bid on.

HOW ITEMS ARE SOLD:

-For any item that reaches the buyout bid, that item can be sold off before the end of the auction. When an item reaches the buyout, I will set the auction house private so that no one can enter it, I will then use the detect hidden skill as a precautionary measure to reveal anyone that wasn't booted out which by the way does happen on occasion. I will then release the item and take it, then set the house back to public. I will place a certain amount of books on a vendor for the buyer to purchase. For example if an item sold for 400 mil, i would place four books on a vendor priced at 100 mil each, the buyer then purchases these four books. Once they purchase the books, I hand the item to the buyer. I then ask the seller to place four books on their vendor. I would then purchase these four books and the seller would now have their gold. This way of doing things has worked very well for a long time and i see no problem with it.

-When the auction is officially over and all the items have reached their final bid, the auction house will remain public till the next day so people can check what all they won or lost. The following day, Sunday, at 1:00pm est, the auction house will be set private so that we can write down who all won what items and start to contact the buyers and sellers and get everything sold to the right people and give the gold to the right people in a timely and organized fashion.

WARNING:

-Do not get scammed. Play smart and make sure you are dealing with the person you think you are. Even if you see me or Sundina in game, icq us and tell us on icq to type a certain thing in game to make sure its us. Take your time and think before making any action.

-Do not go afk outside in the open at any time during the rares festival. If you need to go afk please go inside of a rares festival related house and hide. Rares Festivals are notorious for harbinger poppings and you may be killed and possibly lose items on you if you are out in the open.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ! thanks for reading.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 14, 2008
Lake Superior
Question.. is there any rule for items submitted that are being displayed by another collector on the auction house?

Ill try to explain it better with an example:

Collector1 submits a Projectile Orc (Statue, Acts Like Mesanna Cream Pie) (10), starting 50m, reserve 250m, buyout 300m

after 2 days, lets say that item has received a few offers for 50m, 75m, 100m, 150m... and then:

Collector 2 submits a Projectile Orc (Statue, Acts Like Mesanna Cream Pie) (10), starting 50m, reserve 225m, buyout 275m

that means the collectors interested in such item will target the projectile orc from Collector2 and its going to be sold first for sure, since Collector1 is not able to change his reserve or buyout price anymore.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 13, 2006
nope theres no rule against this, most events drop 10 items of the same type so its not fair whoever gets it in first get control of that type of item, the last chesapeake festival we actually had 2 projectile orcs in and they both sold very well in the auction house

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I just want to say that you and Sundia have done such an awesome job that I can't imagine anyone else running this portion of the Rares Fest but you two. I like the design, the way items are displayed, and the way you stick to your morals. I witnessed the other day players trying to beg Sundia to be friend-ed to the house and she stood her grounds and said "no" hehe.