• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Rares Fest Map

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Here is a map of the grounds of the Atlantic Rares Fest, held at Toad Town. There has been much confusion about the grounds. Beyond the two small vendor houses there is much more! There is the Staff's Vendor House, The Silent Auction House, Yible's Auction House, The Event Hall and Lottery Prizes, The Event Prize Hall, and the VIP Rares House (Two Stories of Vendors).

http://i52.***********/288qu5s.jpg

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my only question is why the "luna style vendors" get the prime vendor locations right near the fest gate entry and next to courtyard while the actual rare vendors are tucked away in a house a few houses away. random people just wandering in that may want to get into rare collecting dont even know about the rare vendors. just seems odd to me... also watched an item sell for 10 mil more than i had it for on my vendor becuz of the placement

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my only question is why the "luna style vendors" get the prime vendor locations right near the fest gate entry and next to courtyard while the actual rare vendors are tucked away in a house a few houses away. random people just wandering in that may want to get into rare collecting dont even know about the rare vendors. just seems odd to me... also watched an item sell for 10 mil more than i had it for on my vendor becuz of the placement
I know a bunch of people that didnt even realize there was a house with vendors Lol

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, fest gate should be moved next to the main vendor house .. and maybe a "path" to the house made with cloth or whaveter will help players to find the important house with important vendors.

About the main vendor house my suggestions are:

* block (with gozas) and change security to owner the teleporter tile that goes to the 3rd floor (has a book "crux ansata shrine" below it). Reason: there is no need for that teleporter, it only confuses people.
* remove the vet house teleporter next to the door on the main vendor house (book: Hospitality Center). Reason: again, confuses people.
* add a vet house teleporter next to the stairs linked with another tele tile on the first floor. Reason: just a shortcut, so people dont need to open door, run to the middle of the house just to use a tile teleporter that goes to 1rst floor.

Those are just suggestions.

F

Fraggles

Dito, not the best thought out vendor set up

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
Sorry guys, we didn't pick the gate placement. The whole fest was supposed to be situated around the front of Toad Town, that's why the two houses in the back are called Back Alley Deals. We are e-mailing Mesanna about changing the gate and also getting a return gate. I will clear the teleporter situations up with Queen and Bennu should be coming to Toad Town soon to lock items down, I will make sure to create some kind of "pathway" that people may follow throughout the grounds.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally, I think 1) there shouldnt even be luna type vendors 2) The area by the banner should be the MAIN vendors. Its such a nice area...a little pond... some benches... and plenty of houses that directly surround it which could have had all the rares vendors.

Its a shame...Im really not feeling the vibe of this fest purely due to the design.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I think 1) there shouldnt even be luna type vendors 2) The area by the banner should be the MAIN vendors. Its such a nice area...a little pond... some benches... and plenty of houses that directly surround it which could have had all the rares vendors.

Its a shame...Im really not feeling the vibe of this fest purely due to the design.
Its impossible to control what people stock on their vendors. Minimun vendor contrat lenght is 1 week. I like vendors in the open too but, the hosts can block a vendor with gozas on the main vendor house just because the people shopping has entered into the house. They couldnt control that on the little houses next to the pond.

About the vibe of the fest... it hasnt started yet ;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are we allowed to set up vendors already?

If so, can you please give me the differences between the two vendor locations and what is/isn't allowed on the associated rentals?

Also whom do we contact to have our vendor placed? Different staff contact for different vendor homes?

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Theres an old saying-you can make some of the people happy some of the time.....

Thank you Apetul for your positive post

There is an excellent map on another thread showing the layout of the Rares fest housing

The general idea was to spread things out so people had to walk and mingle instead of just sitting around the vendors

Also the luna style vendors was stated in the original post, I was thinking to give the beginner collectors a chance there. its true you cant control what is placed on a vendor.

The red goza warnings are working tho

vendor placement started on the 17th and during the evenings on Mon-Tues & Wed or all day Thursday & Friday

As far as the best location for vendor placement:

I believe by the time the fest starts, any floor in the main house will be fine
( an email has been sent again to ask Mesanna to fix the gate)

The books & welcome bags go out starting Friday and we have Toads advertising and guiding visitors and doing tours non stop

L

Lothar of Malas Univ

Try being stuck in the nose bleed section of the vendor house. I see almost no foot traffic. Most don't know there are vendors up here.

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
Sorry for all of the people on the 3rd floor, it was my idea, I thought of you guys as the more elite collectors and attempted to create a little area just for you guys but it seems no one is happy. We have taken action to the complaints so if you are on the third floor, contact Queen Arya and have your vendor moved to the 1st floor (bottom floor)!

Also, the two houses in the back are small and were meant to be for the smaller collectors and other nic nacs. As discussed in many posts, many people agreed that they would like a section seperate from all of the vendors that is focused on MAINLY RARES. We tried creating this concept as the Main Vendor House. We know the location is out of place but we are contacting Mesanna to move the gate location to the front of the Town so that the Welcoming Center (The Main Vendor House) is the main focus. The Back Alley Vendors were supposed to be just that.

Again, sorry for any inconveniance and if you have any questions or complaints please don't hesitate to contact Queen Arya or me.

My ICQ- 648822278

-Bon Iver

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whens the best time to catch anyone who can give a vendor out?? please??

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm interested
A tour of Atlantics Homes and Museums.
Can create time schedule for some events?

T

Tazar

I'm interested
A tour of Atlantics Homes and Museums.
Can create time schedule for some events?
If you go to the Zento moongate then go west to the road and north across the wall - the house on the left is a player created teleport hub with teleport tiles that lead to many of the player run towns, special establishments, etc. It is a great way to see the sights.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Blend,

Toad Towns Teleporter house (#7 on map) has a link to Goodmans Library

Step on that teleporter and you will be amazed at the options of homes you can tour

Give me a yell in game if you need anything else