• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Atlantic Holiday House Decorating Contest! (Please Vote!)

Player Choice?

• Entry #1: "A Winter Holiday in the City"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recieved the following from EM Taweret and was asked to post using my photobucket account.

Please vote for the "Players Choice" which is seperate from the standard judging.

Entry #1: "A Winter Holiday in the City"

Entry #2: "The Christmas Workshop"

Entry #3: "Pond Skaters Welcome"

Entry #4: "A Crux Ansata Christmas"

Entry #5: "Santa's Sweet Shoppe"

Entry #6: "A Classic Christmas"

--------------------

Judging is currently under way :)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are all great, buy WOW @ #3.

I don't see how that doesn't win everything.

Obs Knight LNR

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think #3 is fair entry. All of the pictures are in 2d with #3 in EC plus #3 is using people as props and taking a picture at the right time. This is a house decorating contest not a who can take a picture at the right time contest.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about some maps so we can go and visit them on the shard.

Lady Cupcake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is where my house is located. House is in Felucca to the SW of Ice Dungeon. House is set to public, as are the doors.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think #3 is fair entry. All of the pictures are in 2d with #3 in EC plus #3 is using people as props and taking a picture at the right time. This is a house decorating contest not a who can take a picture at the right time contest.
It is decorated. I think it is the most clever one entered. I have no idea who designed it. If I had not voted for my own, I would have voted for it.

#3 is the most clever design and the most cleverly decorated. Yet now it loses. :(

Something or Other

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm the culprit of #3 ... didn't mean to ruffle feathers... I was just goofing off with the pond theme, I never thought it would be controversial that I snapped the photo in EC or had my friends participate in the photo (there was nothing in the rules against it and it gave us an awesomely fun project for the night :)) On a side note I appreciate all the positive feedback, means a lot :)

Paragon of Souls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think Santa's Sweet Shoppe is false advertisement and as such is not a fair entry. There are no sweets visible in the entire picture, and any other pictures posted should not be considered since you were only allowed to submit a SINGLE picture, which was actually the only rule in the whole contest.

Lady Cupcake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are correct Paragon, only one picture was allowed to be entered for the standard judging by EM Taweret, along with a rune (which was all I submitted for the ACTUAL contest) so she could also see the inside. As stated by EM Bennu above, this is the "People's Choice", which is separate from the standard judging.

Paragon of Souls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Cupcake you don't have to justify your behavior to me. If your boyfriend is allowed to post messages disparaging other entries, I want to be able to correct his inaccuracies.

Lady Cupcake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Behavior?? I was simply pointing out your inaccuracies. Seems like there might be bad blood here... and I'm not sure what that has to do with me. So go ahead and keep that between you 2. I never asked him to post anything, and I wish he hadn't, and this is exactly why. I have nothing against house #3, in fact I think it looks amazing. I don't need to justify anything, especially posting a picture of a house that I spent many hours designing and wanted everyone to be able to see the inside of. Excuse me for being proud of my work and it ruining your day. I'll make sure it never happens again.

Duane I Am

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MOAH I think number three was the most well thought out design. Its not just a buncha rares scattered around (do these red squiggley lines go away)(there it is again!). I think it is the best looking most original thing that somebody could have done.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Toughest decision I have made in a long time.... and when you take into account I run my own construction business that speaks volumes.. GREAT job by all the deco guru's :thumbup1:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The subtle changes in the colors of the gozas in #3 to look like ice in the EC show real talent.
Well done to everyone! I tried to get the energy to enter and failed at my festivus deco (i couldn't find an aluminum pole)
Kudos!

Something or Other

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
*Hides behind snow pile* Man... the snowballs are flying... this is supposed to be fun, lets all take a deep calming breath and smile! Merry Christmas, peace, joy, brotherly love! How bout some more inside pics from the other entries? It would be great to see them all in detail, everyone invested a lot of time and effort... #5's looks great!... Lets keep em' coming... I'd love to see inside #2 great exterior and color schemes.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Hides behind snow pile* Man... the snowballs are flying... this is supposed to be fun, lets all take a deep calming breath and smile! Merry Christmas, peace, joy, brotherly love! How bout some more inside pics from the other entries? It would be great to see them all in detail, everyone invested a lot of time and effort... #5's looks great!... Lets keep em' coming... I'd love to see inside #2 great exterior and color schemes.
Yea , stuff sure happened fast. #2 is mine. It is located by Dark Lord Tom's Wonderland shop , Malas out of the east Luna gate, not too far. Thank you for your nice words. *llama bows*

Last edited:

NevarB4Noq

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
House number 5 has my vote, I think the little toy figures on the wood working bench is great, and I especially love the sleigh and deer on the roof.

Something or Other

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
o_O Yep, had a friend on the receiving end of said ICQ petitioning... Pretty disappointing... Not a "hey go and vote on stratics" but "hey go and vote for #-" Thank you EM's for the event! Had a lot of fun reconnecting with my inner deco-ness lol. Congratulations to the winner of Peoples Choice!
* Had to edit that, was feeling a bit un-Christmas-y this morning, my apologies.

Last edited:

Something or Other

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Wow... Just logged on to this :)Thanks Queen Arya for the post! That is one serious sign lol! Congratulations to all the entries, everyone did a GREAT job! Thank you EM's for giving us an opportunity to play with our deco tools!

Last edited: