• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Atlantic Holiday Event] The Giving Tree

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the seeds of hope recovered by the Knights of the Crux Ansata, The Giving Tree has risen to great heights and spread its branches wide over north west Skara Brae.

The Giving Tree is a strange and ancient creation, a rare tree that gives of itself more than it fights for its own survival.

Adamu Edom the sage has said he does not expect the object to last much longer than a week, so go view it while you can!

---

Giving Tree Event Schedule.

From the 19th to the 26th, @ 1 pm EST, 6pm EST, and/or 11 pm EST each day there is the possibility of one of three things happening.

#1: Nothing. (Can't promise to be there each and every time)

#2: A horde of insects and creatures will swarm the tree, attracted by its nature of giving. The people gathered will have to protect the tree from the swarm to prevent the trees destruction.

#3: Something special. Should the Tree's Guardian Spirit Emerge to visit with the crowd the tree will treat the crowd with something in the spirit of giving.

The time schedule is to give an opportunity for a variety of time slots on a variety of days to interact with the Giving Tree event. The interactions will ONLY occur between the 19th and 26th @ 1 pm EST, 6pm EST, and/or 11 pm EST.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and possibly had their slasher statuette stolen from the atlantic EM's (Mine went missing the exact same day the EM's locked the one down in the EM hall....and no one could reach it....and they don't decay)
Interesting.

If you can prove it is yours by telling me where I found it, Ill give it to you free and clear. IF you can prove to me 100% that it is in fact yours, as I DID find it in a rather strange place.

K

Kralock

I got mine, anyway whats so fail it goes on till the 26th and possible 3 times a day, your mad cause you got nothing huh, well why wait so long if he told you the exact time?

lots of ppl criticize the EMs, few have what it takes to be one, you dont like how they run, then apply.

S

Smiley Gladhands

LOL I'm not worried about the statue it was technically my brothers and we have plenty was just too lazy to put another there....was meant to look like an evil troll..

It was in a creek :p

I think it looks cooler in the EM hall. Leave it there hehe.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I'm not worried about the statue it was technically my brothers and we have plenty was just too lazy to put another there....was meant to look like an evil troll..

It was in a creek :p

I think it looks cooler in the EM hall. Leave it there hehe.
Well, it was just kinda laying out in the middle of nowhere, not in a house or on a boat or anything... I was worried it was just going to decay and goto waste so I picked it up off the ground.

If you want it back, let me know.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all this crying i hope the crook is the only item given out and he does it everytime so their are thousands of them and people wont be able to sell them for more than 100k... Then eveyone will be happy right?

K

Kralock

well sure, we should mess up everyone to make it equal. Not sure i see the logic.

Events are not about items for me, but don't mean its wrong for someone to want one for whatever reason. PPL should just stop crying, WHO cares if someone makes 1000000 mil in game how does that effect YOU.

BTW look for the clicky to be placed in the tree but lower so everyone can see and reach it. Overheard from a certain news reporter.......

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
BTW look for the clicky to be placed in the tree but lower so everyone can see and reach it. Overheard from a certain news reporter.......
hehe

My source is very reliable. :p

EM Bennu mentioned it in Crux chat channel at the end of the 11pm event tonight. See, he does take constructive feedback and applies it when he can and as soon as he can. The second event tonight was much smoother, even with a larger turnout.

K

Kralock

yes it did, my only true concern is,:spider: wow its a small area to fight in :p

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm...I showed up 10 minutes before the prescribed time. I noticed a purple tree and his RED text above his head. Read something about he was going to place an item that will give us all something. Followed him to the other side of the tree from where he appeared and VOILA...there a pile of logs appeared in plain site. Doubled clicked the logs (didn't even have to use all names aka CTRL SHIFT).
I guess paying attention and BEING PREPARED for an event is above the common knowledge base of people playing on Pacific.

BTW - Bennu, you do a BANG UP job! Don't change a thing in how you conduct YOUR events that YOU have prepared for the people of Atlantic. I've been a benefactor of some event items and I have been a wishful non-getter as well. It's all good and it should be next to impossible for the same people to get every item every time.

K

Kralock

"The Giving Tree has risen to great heights and spread its branches wide over north west Skara Brae", as copy and pasted from the OP

Duane I Am

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good job Bennu! I can see the value in only leaving it on ground for a few seconds. Especally seeing all the newley made characters in their robes, mage hat with no mage, and spell book with no spells. Haters gonna hate! Just keep on keepin on Bennu!

LOVE YA BENNU!

:gun:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry but bad event.. i dont think u even see the reawrd box in classi client

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny, I only play in CC and I can see it just fine when it's put down.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All I use is CC and I have seen it every time but the first one when folks swarmed it and covered it up.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think it should be a clicky up for maybe 30 mins a day but there should be monsters that spawn when people go to click it much like that place in doom where you collect bones for skulls *forgets name*. Im sure everyone has one or two characters able of surviving and maybe team work would come into play. But never the less it is disheartening to hear people complain of something they, the EMs, are doing willingly.

We all got our Xmas gifts. This event is something EMs do on their own for us. Perhaps a little more gratitude and less complaining would make them want to do more and better things which I'm sure they can. Seriously would you like to give something to people who bash and belittle you constantly?

I think not.

You EMs are doing a great job don't get discouraged.

By the way I love the name on your little insects tha invade the tree at times. Seems fitting..:p Now where the heck are those logs I need to click :p

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I think it should be a clicky up for maybe 30 mins a day but there should be monsters that spawn when people go to click it much like that place in doom where you collect bones for skulls *forgets name*. Im sure everyone has one or two characters able of surviving and maybe team work would come into play. But never the less it is disheartening to hear people complain of something they, the EMs, are doing willingly.

We all got our Xmas gifts. This event is something EMs do on their own for us. Perhaps a little more gratitude and less complaining would make them want to do more and better things which I'm sure they can. Seriously would you like to give something to people who bash and belittle you constantly?

I think not.

You EMs are doing a great job don't get discouraged.

By the way I love the name on your little insects tha invade the tree at times. Seems fitting..:p Now where the heck are those logs I need to click :p
This attitude is what we need. No fighting, no fussing, no complaining, no calling names, no greed, no herrassing, no making fun of, and no discouraging. I myself am guilty of all these. Lets make this Christmas on Atlantic and on other shards mean something and have happiness. Lets not make EM Bennu's hard work on this Tree go to waste. We are taking advantage of what we have and we dont even see it. Just think about it a second...... without the EM's, Mesanna, and other Devs, this game would get boring, or atleast in my opinion it would, without the events, holiday specials, expansions. The EM's gives us entertainment and joy and doesnt expect anything from it except respectful critizim and our Thanks.

I personaly want to thank EM Bennu, Mesanna, the Dev. Team and all the other EM's for making this a great year.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You always have no clue what you are talking about. Yes, noone in CC can see it, thats why there are 100's of them out there...Because ya know everyone plays EC these days right?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You always have no clue what you are talking about. Yes, noone in CC can see it, thats why there are 100's of them out there...Because ya know everyone plays EC these days right?
sorry done 2 now never seen it...even with shift/alt

this hidden 10 second box..... just encourages ''ill feeling'' and ''bad will'' at xmas

we are supposed to be having ....''xmas fun''....jesus.....

K

Kralock

have you modified any uo game files to include hues, Everyone I knows plays on CC and everyone can plainly see it. Perhaps you should re install

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just make it so ''everyone can see it''..is it that hard???? or do we want to show ill feeling and bad will at xmas?????????isorry but loads have not seen the mystery box

A

Aida Quantrex

I had no problem seeing the logs on CC yesterday and got the crook eventhough I had bad lag and there was a ton of people there.
Talk and storyline from an EM is just a small part of an event. You can choose to walk in and just expect to be carried through, or you can choose to be an active part of the story and play along. Personally I find the active parttaking much more rewarding :)

Thanks for the effort Bennu !
I remember years and years of envy when we had no EMs on Atlantic and they had soooo many cool events on Europa. I love the fact that we do have theese great storylines now - thumbs up !

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK folks I cleaned up this thread. Please let us keep this thread positive or at least constructive. One person's post caused me to remove about 10 posts because they quoted part or all of the text that attacked the EM.

K

Kralock

I still don't get how you can't see it, I was not around yesterday much, but in the morning it was put in the tree but in reach, in full view of everyone, it was specifically moved their to help folks see it, I don't get why you can't

If your certain you cant see it, I think your UO may be corrupt somehow and you should re install, looks like a stack of logs, all you got to do is dbl click them and it give you a crook.

The logs have been put up in the tree but in in reach, just so everyone can see it, because our EM listens to folks.

If you can't see it next time pm me and I will give one to you, I have a couple extra just in case.

happy holidays

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just make it so ''everyone can see it''..is it that hard???? or do we want to show ill feeling and bad will at xmas?????????isorry but loads have not seen the mystery box
I can understand your frustration but perhaps you are not looking for the Right thing? You keep saying "mystery box"? The item you have to click is not a box at all it is a stack of Logs.. Look for logs and hopefully next time you will find this illussive clicky? I know I had a hard time so don't give up!! Just enjoy the festivities and Happy Holidays!