• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Atlantic Governor Interviews - Jhelom

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I got together with each of the governors and asked them about their cities and plans. With all the controversies and rumors about I wanted to give each governor a chance to “clear the air as it where” and give everyone a chance to get to know them and what they intend to do for their respective cities. Each city faces it's own unique set of challenges and I want to give the governors a chance to address these issues in a neutral forum so everyone could come to their own conclusions.
First is the Governor of Jhelom, Alexander and here is what he had to say...

What are your current plans for Jhelom?
My current plans for Jhelom is to unite all warriors alike and build a strong community in the City. The Symbol of Jhelom is the Virtue: Valor. Some plans I have in prepared is to train our warriors to the maximum, provide spar-matches to perfect battle techniques, declare 'Hunt Days' so our warriors can experience what it is like on the battle field.

What obstacles does Jhelom face if any?
Currently, Jhelom doesn't face any obstacles. However, recently we were at war with a diverse clan of Pirates. They had bombed the bank of Jhelom as a threat. Although the reason of the bombing was unknown, I found it crucial to prepare the city for whatever may come our way. Whether it be war, alliances with other cities, preparing an Army etc.

If it weren't for the City of Yew aiding in this matter, Jhelom would have suffered another blow from the Pirates. The Governor of Yew sent a 'Supply Crew Ship' to Jhelom. Our Carpenters worked night and day on our bank but needed the extra help. While unloading the ship, we spotted the sails of the Pirates. Both Yew and Jhelom sent out Combat-ships to confront the Pirates. We tried negotiating but came to the conclusion that the Pirates had no intention to make peace. Giving the order, we fired our cannons at the Pirates until their fleet were no more.

What factors have contributed to Jhelom growth and success?
Jhelom has grown into a City of Honor. The citizens are pleased to have a Governor as myself and I am pleased to have such loyal citizens. Even though there is still much more to do for the city, I believe the city as a whole has became more than what it once was. I am honored to represent the citizens of Jhelom and will absolutely do the best I can when it comes to making my citizens happy.

How has Jhelom changed during your term(s) in office?
As everyone knows, this time of year is very bad when thinking of safety. A plague of souls manifest from the living, thus bringing us Zombie Skeletons. Because of that reason and of course Jhelom's Warrior training, and with the help of King Blackthorn, we have established many 'Medical Supply Units' throughout the city in-case of an emergency.

King Blackthorn has began constructing Offices for the sitting Governors, I am happy to announce that Jhelom will have one of these installed soon. Also, for my second in command: Queen Arya. I have placed an Office for her outside the Jhelom animal pen. I feel that these offices will provide a better communication system between other Governors, Citizens of Jhelom, and Citizens of other Cities.

The City has benefited from the Trade agreement deal. At our meeting, we discussed what the Trade deal for the month of October will be. The citizens that attended couldn't think of just one trade deal so we will alternated between four choices:
1) Spell Damage Increase
2) Swing Speed Increase
3) Mana Regeneration
4) Hit Chance Increase

What sets Jhelom apart from the others?
The thing about a single person that is different from another is the personalities between them both. Same thing with the Cities. Not one City is the same as another; therefore, all cities are equal because not one is better than the other. Jhelom's main priority is to establish a firm training center for all Warriors. My main goal is to make the city become the home and default place for all warriors to come to and become what they wish to become: An Assassin, Archer, Sword-Swinger, etc.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
Keep watch for the month of November. Jhelom has something big planned, for ALL Cities.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"""The City has benefited from the Trade agreement deal. At our meeting, we discussed what the Trade deal for the month of October will be. The citizens that attended couldn't think of just one trade deal so we will alternated between four choices:
1) Spell Damage Increase
2) Swing Speed Increase
3) Mana Regeneration
4) Hit Chance Increase
"""

An advice for the town buff. You can always please everyone, but it is best to go with majority and if things are equal and undecided, then pick one. We tried to get a different buff in each city but that didn't work out and problay will never work out. BUT, I highly advise to change the buff every week, or even at all once you decide what it will be, unless you need to. Many players who are not at your meetings/and problay won't ever be, nor will contact anyone, picks town that has a buff they want and THEN they start turning in resources and getting the rep they need for the town buff.
If a buff changes and such, those people will head off to other towns and will want nothing to do with Jhelom, BUT again your the one paying for the month and your council/guild is helping so who cares.
During my election I have gotten votes from people I didn't even know just cause I had the buff they wanted and I didn't change it the entire term, and they voted for me to keep it at that buff. Norrington aswell was asked if he was going change it, and he has gotten votes due to he said he wasn't going to.

Anyway, got four conversations going on at once and hope this makes some sence.