• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Atl] Minax Raids COM - Obliterates Defenses and Resets Sigils (Video)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a video of last night's epic raid on VIP. Goose finally stopped making stupid claims and actually put together a guarding effort. Despite having hours of preparation, HEAT defeated their efforts in under 10 minutes on the first raid. Unfortunatly I forgot to turn on recording when we first arrived. But here is when the COM counter attack begins.

Video Link - http://www.veoh.com/videos/v15194884WG9gXzn6

We held them off longer than it took to get inside the base. The final member count are as follows:

17 COM
11 Minax (one person logs 5 minutes in)

Here are all the names I saw in the videos. I forgot to turn on journal recording so this is all I have to go by. If anyone remembers more COM names please post them.

Council of Mages
Matsuri
Smells Like Fish
Lost Cause
Nelly Furtado
Sara the Brigand
Slimfast
BeeDa BOP
Mr RP
Reason Your Stat
Large Marge
Jerry Austin - *NF
Sir Hollywood - *NF
Ryu
Speed-starr
The Wizard
Alvin Mortus
Jade

*NF - Not Factions but there from start and assisting

Minax
Bark at the Moon
JC the Builder
Jennifer
Ninja Turtle
Knib Nollid
Kristin (Logs 5 mins in)
Lolly Pop
Chewie
Don Vito
Scyllua Darkhope
Criminal

At the very end I lifted the restriction we have on HOT characters interfering in faction fighting because COM were directly relying on support from their reds. Only two HOT came (Frat Guy and Charlie Black) and they only attacked VIP's non-faction characters. But it was too late by then. We came in with only factions while VIP said they had to have them to win and tore right through them. If it were not for the riduclously short 10 hour corruption timer we would have reset all the sigils. Unfortunately we only made it in time to save 2.

A couple more notes. During the entire video I am in stat loss, I died during the initial raid. Also when I run into the Trinsic Teleporter I didn't know the town had already been taken by COM.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HEAT quits faction.

Cannot come close to competing vs C&G.

All towns belong to COM.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, we have trouble completing when you truce non-faction guilds to gang up on us. Having to team up when you already outnumber us 2 to 1 says a lot about your supposed ability to compete with us. You had 3 players working for COM for every 1 member of HEAT raiding.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, we have trouble completing. Having to team up when you already outnumber us 2 to 1 says a lot about your supposed ability to compete with us. You had 3 players working for COM for every 1 member of HEAT raiding.
Maybe you should play AoC Link. I hear there going to enforce even numbers there. LOL. Isnt that what you told me when I made a comment about heat having 3X numbers as TB?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't care if they had 50 Council of Mages. The issue is when they have non-faction blues that we can't attack without loading up on murder counts.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet HEAT remains allied to a it's bluebie non faction guild HOT.

That is a clear abuse of game mechanics.

Either way, they aren't doing well at all. I think they average 0 points per person in faction.

They can't kill much of everything.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a clear abuse of game mechanics.
Your guild did the same thing. It is your own fault for dropping the old guild name for unspecified reasons.

This is also not an abuse of mechanics because it has never been stated that a non-faction and faction guild should not be allied. Plus a developer said it would be possible after the last publish to continue to do so.

A

Aia

This was in the last pub:
"Non-faction guilds that are part of an alliance can no longer join a faction without first leaving their alliance."

Allying of faction guilds and non-faction guilds was an old bug - which was fixed with the above. The idea behind the two types of guilds NOT being able to ally is the concept of no outside help. Sadly the dev's didn't un-ally guilds that were already allied.

I'm curious though - can you find the post where the dev said that faction and non-faction guild would be able to ally?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not aware of any place where it says you can. But they also didn't say that guilds who are already allied will have their alliances dropped. If such a change is made I think several guilds (such as ours) would voice opposition to such a change. Why shouldn't faction and non-faction guilds be allied? It doesn't disrupt things at all.

S

Sasori

I am not aware of any place where it says you can. But they also didn't say that guilds who are already allied will have their alliances dropped. If such a change is made I think several guilds (such as ours) would voice opposition to such a change. Why shouldn't faction and non-faction guilds be allied? It doesn't disrupt things at all.
WOW! Flavor Flave! look how the almighty leader of HEAT/HOT contradicts himself didnt you post where your where complaining about C&G and COW allying lol and ummm well just read the last sentence of the Quote LOL.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This isn't a contradiction at all. We ally our non-faction guild so we can chat and fight with each other in non-faction areas. This is in contrast to G&C who bring their non-faction guild BYC! to help guard their faction base.

H

HaTeSpHeRe

Ok Ok so for about a year now I have been listening to JC talk and talk and talk. Well bro no offense but you talking is like old people *$@!$^*. I mean honestly do you have any idea what factions is about. Lets start with this event on Atlantic where rules needed to be changed, you wanted this, you wanted that, shut up and play how the rules say to play. i have been in factions now for 6 years, and never once heard someone complain as much as you. Factions is supposed to be about a group of people fighting for sigils(yes i say sigils, points meaning nothing unless you are a ego stricken). It was meant for a restricted amount of play to make it tougher, but hey bro you know everything, you are MR. UO himself. Encyclopedia JC. Come to GL, thats where the factions fights are. You wanna talk game run your mouth, well please let me be the first True Brit on GL to say Bring it. And i dont want trash talk, after trash talk, after talk replies, sell some gold, get a transfer, and come to GL, otherwise keep your mouth shut about how great you and Heat are until you play people who really play factions. I can almost guarantee you wont get through our defense. And Please feel free to bring your whole guild, I mean realistically We all know you arent gonna do anything, but complain. Get over it Bro, you will die, you will win, you will be fighting people who cheat its the nature of this game now.

Sincerely, Hatesphere :danceb::danceb:

S

Saleena

Factions is supposed to be about a group of people fighting for sigils(yes i say sigils, points meaning nothing unless you are a ego stricken).
Sincerely, Hatesphere :danceb::danceb:

Just out of curiosity, I am wondering why there is a group of people from TB that fight for the siglis from inside their house infront of SL base. Now im not saying everyone does it but there are a select few that wont come out for anything. The bravest of all of them I must say are the thieves. Major props to TB thieves!! I think if Tb got oraganized in their raids they could have something going for them. Why waste time on talking crap to someone who plays on a complete different shard??? Oh yes and by the way if you ego stricken then you get points and the sigils!! No reason to be so rude

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merlin, I do agree that Link (JC) is a punk ass pancake cry baby who would never, in his wildest wet dreams, be on my guilds level. HA.. AND HE WOULD NEVER... come get some real faction pvp.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions is supposed to be about a group of people fighting for sigils(yes i say sigils, points meaning nothing unless you are a ego stricken).
That is what I thought Factions was supposed to be about too. When we raid COM to get the sigils, every single time, they have used non-faction characters. The first time we had plenty of people so it didn't matter what they did (they still outnumbered us on that raid). But when they have more non-faction than we have faction players raiding, it is next to impossible.

A

Altec

Factions is supposed to be about a group of people fighting for sigils(yes i say sigils, points meaning nothing
you only think points mean nothing cause you have none why would something that takes days to rack up mean more than something that take 10 hours to control. and if towns meant it all wouldn't they posted who controled them not who has the most points.

H

HaTeSpHeRe

Points have three main values:
1) To be able to ride a war horse
Now this honestly means nothing unless you are a true factioner, i mean ethys, and bonded pets are much easier to get.
2) Able to Run for Commanding Lord
Well in your faction who is commanding lord ( hold on let me answer for you, ANTHIUS!!!!!) You gonna challenge him for that spot lol GL so really means nothing there as well
3) Bragging rights.... and there it is folks, so basically you get your name on a website, whoopie Doo like that matters, I mean no one is gonna pass anthius anyway, so there isnt really a competition for it anymore.

So now that i have broken it down for you, the reason cities are important is because of three reasons also...... you ready ..... you sure?

1) They are able to make you lots of money getting resources cheap and reselling them
2) They give you the ability to control the Fel side of the game to a certain degree.
3) With the new patch you can get enhancements and faction gear for crafters.

So now that I have broken it down, Tear it apart, talk some trash, do what you gotta do, but i still know i am better than you Altec, and really that does make me sleep at night.

Sincerely, Hatesphere :danceb::thumbsup::danceb:

A

Altec

well merlin apperently you want points becuase according to your own faction members you beg for points. So they mean something you are telling me the faction holding towns and guarding will not be on top for points. wrong. you guys only guard when no one is on sigs come up and we kick your teeth till we corupt them. merlin you are trash always will. Your problem is you are in factions and can't see past yourself. Which is not what factions is about 1v1 mean nothing in factions like i said you might be a better mage but i am a better factioner and i don't have to put characters in other factions to use there traps to get the upper hand unlike you.

And if points give you braggin rights like it says on your list well you have no room to talk what do u have 5 characters in factions for a total of 4 points. I have 2 and one i never play and have 12.

And points mean something in towns cause if no one can run for CL then know can give out towns. So in the end with no points there's no control of the towns.

S

Saleena

Merlin's a Hater! Merlin got killed by a girl! *Giggles*:cheerleader:
Go girl factioners go!! Girls of Sl 1 Merlin 0.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread has jumped all over the place but I wanted to address JC's concerns.

First, JC I think we have all been there and it can be frustrating.

SL and Minax base were specifically placed outside of guard zones to incorporate this type of game play, allowing the evil factions to use murderous villians to their advantage "aka reds".

CoM and TB have traditionally been in guardzones where using reds is a disadvantage. You are in a bad situation because only TB has this style of play available due to the events in Mag.

So even though outside interference was not typical on a CoM raid, it has always been a part of factions and purposely so.

Its tough, its hard, its factions, its suppose to be. Don't let a single battle define your war.

Lore