• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] At what skill level...

M

Maybel

What skill level (what exact or estimated point number) can you deep sea fish?

I'd like to set a macro for fishing, and I've found a bunch of different ways to do it. The only thing I haven't found is when I can start in open water.

I tried it at my current level wich is 51.1, but she NEVER catches anything, and never gets IMPs. Moving back to shallow shore water works, and she IMPs. Just harder to macro :|

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

U

uoBuoY

This is from the Fishing sticky at the top of this Forum:

"After 70-75 get a boat and go just a lil ways from the Buc's dock to the east." (deep water)

I don't believe you can fish- up MIBs under 100.0.

L

Lord Drakelord

This is from the Fishing sticky at the top of this Forum:

"After 70-75 get a boat and go just a lil ways from the Buc's dock to the east." (deep water)
humm yes you can fish up MIBs with skill under 100. My fisherman who was in the low 90s for a VERY long time fished up MIBs all the time. Now I really don't remember if he was able to do MIBs below 90, as I had left him on LS back in 2001, never made another fisher on Sonoma, just was to upset with the loot from sea chests, but when shard transfer came out in 2004, I brought him over to Sonoma and started fishing once more.

M

Maybel

I read that sticky, just hoping I could go out before 70, and still get improves in skill level.

Okay, Thanks for the info!

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my chiv archer to fish. He has 65 fishing skill. I do mib's. He is slow to bring them up, but he does the job.
I do have to buy them first, but many people jsy toss them out.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
humm yes you can fish up MIBs with skill under 100. My fisherman who was in the low 90s for a VERY long time fished up MIBs all the time. Now I really don't remember if he was able to do MIBs below 90, as I had left him on LS back in 2001, never made another fisher on Sonoma, just was to upset with the loot from sea chests, but when shard transfer came out in 2004, I brought him over to Sonoma and started fishing once more.
did he not mean 'you cant fish up a SoS before 100 skill'? i started fishing up the mibs themselves as soon as i started fishing in deep water. it just took a long time.