• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Asking a favor

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, I woke up tonight to find my power supply had taken a dump. This leads to my favor. I have 7 ships in the water, my Britain ship is stationed on the north side of the sea market, and the other 6 are parked together in Britain bay. Since it is going to take a few days to get it fixed, I need someone to refresh my boats. They are all public so all someone has to do is to click the mooring ropes to refresh them. I would Really appreciate if someone is in the areas, if they would refresh them for me every couple days, until my return. Would hate to return to find all of them have sunk. PLZ post here if you can help. Thanks for your time.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone without the High Seas expansion do this for you? I'd help.

Also, it's a PSU. You got a Fry's in Vegas, just head on down and exchange a few screws and replace the power cables. It's a 30 minute job, even for a beginner.

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No sadly only HS expanded can help. The biggest reason is its possible my boot drive may have been fryed on the power supply death
Throws. Before it blew I kept getting the disk read error. I just want basically to cover my bases. My boats represent a significate investment. ESP the big Britain boat. Picking up new PS tonight. So cross yer fingers. Thx ken.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooo, I hate it when that happens. I had a heat issue once and the PSU took out two hard drives; thankfully, not my boot drive.

Good luck on the PSU replacement!

P.S. If you're getting a new boot drive anyways, get a SSD! I love mine. Keep only your OS on it, and leave the media storage to other drives.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Don't worry Fig. I found and refreshed your boats yesterday. I also marked runes, so I will refresh them every 2 days until you are back in-game.

WildStar

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too late. Someone already blew em up. The House of Berg salvaged what they could from the holds and have stored them for you until you return.
Of course there will be fees involved. Storage costs, costs incurred to salvage the wrecks etc. :pirate:

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well after much fighting with old style cable, and getting the new PS to fit into my case, turns out I do need another drive. ;@&$)(;;)$. Another day at least. Hope I can make it before the election start. Was hoping to get my name into Britain elections.

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
(More cursing) well it seems my problems are beyond me. Spent all day on it. Seems technology has evolved beyond me. Time to call in a geek. Might have better luck repairing laptop. Looks like I won't be ruling Britain this quarter.

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The news is grim. The power supply did some major damage. Total damages include: 2 memory sticks, the ports they were pluged Into on the mother board(which means the mother board as well), and the power supply.

So we are salvaging all working parts and hooking them up to my laptop which is otw to the shop to fix the fan. Est. time period is now 3-7 days. All is not lost. I have made arrangement to have my name entered into the election. So don't count me out, just down.

Last edited: