• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ask not what EALand/Dev's can do for you

M

MissGameGirl

Ok been reading all the post for weeks now and I am hearing such fear, gloom and doom in the postings. All asking the Dev's to give them an update, let them know all is fine, begging the Dev's to reassure them that their world is not about to be erased. So here is my idea.

Let's rally the troups. If each of us were able to bring one new player into the game, a real paying customer, our ranks would increase dramatically. EALand would have a burst of funds and the players a burst of fun. And the Dev's would know just how much we want to keep our Land alive.

So ask not what EALand/Dev's can do for you, ask what you can and will do to make this Land a better place.

G

I honestly would not recommend the game to my friends at this point. Personally I would not want to listen to my friends complain about how I recommended such a chaotic unfinished game to them.

To be honest I had all but begged one of my friends (who played with me before) to rejoin, but she had such a hard time trying to download the game she said it wasnt worth her time until they fix the issues.

Word of mouth is one of a companies biggest assets, or biggest liabilities, unfortunately at this point I cant think of it as being anything other than a liability for ealand.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok been reading all the post for weeks now and I am hearing such fear, gloom and doom in the postings. All asking the Dev's to give them an update, let them know all is fine, begging the Dev's to reassure them that their world is not about to be erased. So here is my idea.

Let's rally the troups. If each of us were able to bring one new player into the game, a real paying customer, our ranks would increase dramatically. EALand would have a burst of funds and the players a burst of fun. And the Dev's would know just how much we want to keep our Land alive.

So ask not what EALand/Dev's can do for you, ask what you can and will do to make this Land a better place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - I'll just pop over to the "Paying Customer" store and pick up a six-pack.

M

MissGameGirl

I should have also stated that when I have broughtor do bring someone new into this game I make certain that they understand that it is in "Beta" and that it comes with bugs and issues but can also be a fun and have the extra bonus', "if" the game goes live.

And hey, Share the six pack please.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The games not live?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. When it goes live, we have to start paying.

Im all for new players! Bring em on!

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

Nope. When it goes live, we have to start paying.

[/ QUOTE ]

we're already paying, or am i the only one?

G

You pay?

Oh no no you arent the only one *snickers* Everyone is paying.

[sucker]

K

kwills75TSO

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I've brought two new people into the game in the last 3 weeks or so. I am seeing new players every day joining up and they are all having a blast. There are a lot more new accounts signing up than we think there is. And I'm talking paying accounts not free.

Yeah the game has bugs, there is no such thing as a bug free game. Even in console games you will find bugs. But the thing is, it's not the code that makes a difference, it's not the updates, it's not the developers and CSR's, it is THE PEOPLE that make the game. We aren't here because its the sims, we can play that offline, we are here because of the people behind the sims. So I agree with you, if people could quit complaining long enough to go back to having fun with their friends in game no one would be questioning where this game is going, we would be too busy having fun and relaxing with our friends.

G

ok you do realize that we can't tell what is joking and what is not with just words right?? Are you being serous? Also I have a friend who just came back to this game, and with him came 3 more paying customers! So i think i have earned my six pack!! Give it to me!!!!
hehe

Now what you meant was when it goes "live" EVERYONE will have to start paying right? There will be no more free accounts?

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok you do realize that we can't tell what is joking and what is not with just words right?? Are you being serous? Also I have a friend who just came back to this game, and with him came 3 more paying customers! So i think i have earned my six pack!! Give it to me!!!!
hehe

Now what you meant was when it goes "live" EVERYONE will have to start paying right? There will be no more free accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

the game is already live, i think she means when the game is no longer beta.

G

I agree with the OP.
We should advertise the game to those we know. Also we should post about the game on all the other forums we are on (there might be an off-topic section).

You don't have to lie. You can say the game is buggy right now and in a renewed Beta, but that a lot of effort is being put into making it a great game.
That you play it and would like more players to try it out.
Write about the ability to make your own cc items into the game, sell them, in the future the ability to cash out, and so on. And that we are able to influence the game's future.
Give a link to their download page https://ea-land.ea.com/register/free.php

Tell them to look you up if they come to the game, (that way you might earn a few recruitment bonuses as well as get more friends).

G

<blockquote><hr>

hehe

[/ QUOTE ]
The game is NOT beta. The game IS live.
People like to refer to "beta" due to the so-called "incompleteness" of the game.
Free accounts will not have to start paying.

G

The game IS beta. Says so right on the software. And free accounts will never have to pay. The current trend with mmo's is to allow free play but have the option to pay for enhancements. That won't change.

C

Creed84

Well actually EALand is live, TC3 is suppose to be BEta. Beta does mean testing. But the devs decided to have 2 testing centers. They like to send things to EALand with out putting them through test center 3 first to work the bugs out. as far as going LIVE. Well this is it. What you see is what you get.Things is things are running more smothly in TC3 than EALand. Go figure.

I

imported_Demirosa

<blockquote><hr>

I honestly would not recommend the game to my friends at this point. Personally I would not want to listen to my friends complain about how I recommended such a chaotic unfinished game to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww!
Over a month ago, I recommended this to my boyfriend and now he's HOOKED! Not just because I play it too, but because he actually enjoys the game!

During the days of TSO, I often played with my RL friends. I personally think that I should tell them to come back to the game now! I know they won't complain... especially when they're playing with me.

Let's rally the troups!

G

<blockquote><hr>

The game IS beta. Says so right on the software. And free accounts will never have to pay. The current trend with mmo's is to allow free play but have the option to pay for enhancements. That won't change.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nuh-uh.