• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Aside from fun, does cooking have value

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my "sister" Rose is contemplating her new kitchen that is currently being constructed and is wondering if cooking has any value aside from personal enjoyment.

I'm thinking of putting a mill in my kitchen, a bee hive outside and I already have an apple tree and am considering a peach tree. Eventually I'll get over being pi**ed about "sister" Rienna's $12 RL US$ Britannian ship vanishing and get another one so we'll have plenty of fish for cooking.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well lets see fish pies,blackrock stew,enchanted apples,grapes,fruit baskets and a few others I am forgetting atm . I have always thought players should be required to eat at least once per uo day while logged in or experience a 1-5% loss in stats and skills per uo day they do not eat.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well lets see fish pies,blackrock stew,enchanted apples,grapes,fruit baskets and a few others I am forgetting atm . I have always thought players should be required to eat at least once per uo day while logged in or experience a 1-5% loss in stats and skills per uo day they do not eat.
I've noticed that after a hearty fight with a creature, I'm "hungry" and can eat. It's been debated for years rather or not being hungry effects stats or skills. Reading what I can in other places, it appears that debate is still ongoing.

Rose is going to get busy cooking up a storm soon and see where that gets us. Thanks for the info, Storm!

Love the map on your sig, BTW. I have an original cloth map like that from buying the first edition box of UO (I have other similar maps from the single player Ultima games). My hubby cannot understand why I want them stapled to my office wall. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've noticed that after a hearty fight with a creature, I'm "hungry" and can eat. It's been debated for years rather or not being hungry effects stats or skills. Reading what I can in other places, it appears that debate is still ongoing.

Rose is going to get busy cooking up a storm soon and see where that gets us. Thanks for the info, Storm!

Love the map on your sig, BTW. I have an original cloth map like that from buying the first edition box of UO (I have other similar maps from the single player Ultima games). My hubby cannot understand why I want them stapled to my office wall. :)
I have the cloth map from ultima 5 I think it is or 4 I forget atm.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fish pies make gold. Natural dyes were a good gold maker for a while. The things Storm said plus Savage Kin paint, smoke bombs, egg bombs. Making exceptional items that you can write on are always good for fun.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can sell enchanted apples, grapes of wrath, and as they said fish pies. Everytime I put food on my vendor like a cake or bread to sell, it isn't no major gold but they don't stay on there long. But you can sell cakes with a food engraving tool.