• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

As the only sampire in UO with GM necro, I would just like to say...

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u should be proud, i respect that u didn't take advantage of the system as many people did and had the skill to go into vamp form instead of finding a loop hole around it

R

Rowen

only one?? doubt it. i have 99 necro stoned just for this occasion. might actually go wammy cause from what i seen it is a little better.

P

prison bound

really, it should be more along the lines of "hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa"

i play a bushido dexxer that would benefit highly from sampire-ing it up; however, because it always seemed like the lame way to own someone, i never did it

hopefully, more future changes will be as beneficial and well-deserved as this one

D

Duku

I respect you. You didnt fall in the trick.. Very well!

I will add myself to this clan :)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My issue is that only 99 necro is needed, so I can use that 1 point in to boost anatomy from 80 to 81. With Anatomy at 81, I can rez, so in order not to waste the potential, I have to raise my healing... choices choices choices...

:D

H

Harb

It's a small club to be sure, I'm in it with you, as are others! This was overdue :)

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow this is the most up beat post I've read in some time. Thanks for the laugh.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My issue is that only 99 necro is needed, so I can use that 1 point in to boost anatomy from 80 to 81. With Anatomy at 81, I can rez, so in order not to waste the potential, I have to raise my healing... choices choices choices...

:D
This is funny. You only need 80.1 not 81.0 to rez. Actually might beable to rez at 80.0. I dunno. Because unlike most people in this game. I only run all chars with real skill. Having anything under gm in a skill is just a waste and a sign of laziness.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is funny. You only need 80.1 not 81.0 to rez. Actually might beable to rez at 80.0. I dunno. Because unlike most people in this game. I only run all chars with real skill. Having anything under gm in a skill is just a waste and a sign of laziness.
To be frank, I'd never tried leaving it at 80.1, but I know 81 works for sure!

Hey, I take offense at you calling my 81.0 point in anatomy as unreal skill! It is real I tell ya!

And it takes as much effort to raise it to exactly 81.0 too (includes time to lock all other skills, then go buy another skill to reduce anat from 100 to 81).

Regarding having skills at lower than GM, yes, I hate it too. Would love to have all my skills at GM, but sometimes you don't need the higher abilities that higher skills gives you. Also, depending on what you use it for, there are some skills that at useful at low levels, but only marginally more useful at higher levels.

eg 1 - Chiv, in pvp, you don't need it at a level to cast EoO. In PvM, if you use healing to rez, you don't need it at a level to cast Noble Sacrifice

eg 2 - Tracking, it's very usable at lower levels to track GM hiders. The advantages of higher or GM tracking doesn't justify the skill costs

eg 3 - Ninjitsu, for thieves, you'll only need 50 to use smokebombs and 70 to use ostard form

The skill points saved can be used to add another skill to the template :) This is a part of the game that I love too!

(I also loved tweaking my cars in carwars and mechs in battletech to optimize the hell out of them heh)

To Juicy Fuit - a whammy is a warrior that uses wraith form (mana leech) instead of vampire form (life leech).

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Real skill means you don't wear ANY skill jewels ever. That's real skill. As stated above skill jewels is for lazy people.

F

Fink

I too have GM necro on my sampire.. the item way just seemed like too much hassle.

M

Mythic

You folks are commendable. nuff said aye?:bowdown: no sarcasm tag here!
Curious though, I do wear Resiliant bracer to bump my resist from 105 to 120 does it make me less of a player? curious is all.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive actually just massacred my sampires template to try and fit in SS aswell :) Think it will work?

L

Lord Urza

Curious though, I do wear Resiliant bracer to bump my resist from 105 to 120 does it make me less of a player? curious is all.

I think this is in reguards to players who toss items on to boost there skill in necro to 100 to cast vamp form, then take that gear off and put on other armor while vamp form remains effective till recast or death.
Doesnt mean anyone thinks your less of a player because you get a boost to your skill threw gear.

L

Lord Urza

Ive actually just massacred my sampires template to try and fit in SS aswell Think it will work?

No not really lol I tried, but i couldnt get it to work out for me, id like to hear how it goes for you however. and I wish you the best of lucks!!

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive actually just massacred my sampires template to try and fit in SS aswell Think it will work?

No not really lol I tried, but i couldnt get it to work out for me, id like to hear how it goes for you however. and I wish you the best of lucks!!
I'll let you know, Love soulstones :D