• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

As a reward for controlling a town...

• Thread starter imported_OldAsTheHills
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_OldAsTheHills

Faction's thieves should be allowed to lockpick the many different
trapped and locked containers inside that town to obtain some random
amount of silver. This means that each chest may be open once by
a Faction controlling thief to gain this silver, and only while the thief's
Faction controls the town. Once all the chests are openned by Faction
thieves they may not be openned again until the town changes control.
No scripters need apply!
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I like it!

A simple change that makes town ownership mean just a little more.

G

Would it be more fun to steal silver from the opposing factions towns?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I definitely thing there should be benefits for enemies in towns owned by opposing factions, but I'm not sure how to implement it without people *not* wanting to own the towns. You know how people are these days.

I certainly thing you should get an increased silver reward for killing somebody in a town controlled by opposing factions. It should be more difficult to enter a town of enemies and kill somebody than your own town.

I think it's critical that reg vendors are also restricted to only the faction who owns the town. Non-faction and opposing factions should not be able to access them at all.

I love the idea of a faction town taking on the theme of the controlling faction, for example if SL took Britain then the streets would become black stone etc...

Anyways, I'm rambling, so I'm going to go to bed.

H

Hell Raiser

To adress the problem of players NOT wanting to own a town things would have to be such that owning a town or two would be benefical to the owners. Such as Sergul'zan_SP suggests the town could take on the ruling faction's theme even allowing mutiple allied monsters to roam the streets and the exclusive use of the vendors, perhaps if you die in a town owned by your own faction the skill loss would be 10 mins instead of 20....and yes make it doubley difficult to enter a town ruled by another Faction but make it worth the risk beyond restealing the sigils and not just for the thief. I like the idea of stealing silver from locked containers in an opposing faction town but say you get a bonus above the double silver count if you kill an opposing faction member in a town his/her faction owns.:gun: something for ever faction member

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not exactly fair for COM.:( We really don't HAVE a town left lol.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
COM doesnt have a town ???

this has nothign to do with were your base is LOL Minax and SL never had a town around there bases.

This has to do with controlling towns and getting benefits for controlling towns or harrasing them.

when you controll a town you get vendors, guards, horse breeders, ability to place traps in the towns?

what more couls you want, how about the timers going back to more than 6 hours so you can actually enjoy these perks.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I was simply thinking of the formerly lovely Magincia, now a desolate wasteland.:(

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
COM doesnt have a town ???

this has nothign to do with were your base is LOL Minax and SL never had a town around there bases.

This has to do with controlling towns and getting benefits for controlling towns or harrasing them.

when you controll a town you get vendors, guards, horse breeders, ability to place traps in the towns?

what more couls you want, how about the timers going back to more than 6 hours so you can actually enjoy these perks.
He is refering to the inability for Magincia to regenerate cash in order to place guards and vendors. Since there are no NPC's in Magincia on some shards, there is no way for that particular town regenerate $$ for that stuff.