Artifacts Should Be Switched In And Out

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should Arties Be Switched In And Out?

• Yes

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 5, 2008
Minor artis are next to worthless and with all the pvpers useing faction arties doom arti prices are falling faster than normal... I know this lets poorer players be able to buy them but i think if you would take the arties we have now and call them Set A and make a whole new set of arties and call them Set B and every year or 2 years make one set stop spawning and the other set start this would give alittle life to the hunting spots we have. Maybe the devs could spend most of their time making really nice looking items not just taking old graphics and adding a new color to them or taking old rares and just handing them out (Large and small vase from champ spawn).

S

SwordBlaze

I agree, especially since getting a Doom Orny is much harder than a faction Orny and the Doom Orny is worse.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
I think everything should be more random to add to the overall excitement so i vote yes.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
No, let's not take away old content to please your bank funds. Theres lots of new stuff to get in SA. thanks.

Also minors were never intended to be valuable, where do you people get the idea they were?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
I think everything should be more random to add to the overall excitement so i vote yes.
how in the hell does that add to the excitement?

I think everything should be relatively easy to obtain... and LOSE.

get rid of item insurance and make the monsters/bosses in this game drop the good ****... often.

If people were constantly losing the stuff they were USING... then we would see a market for items in UO.

Currently... you buy the item you want... and then use it forever.... which is why the economy in this game sucks.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
I'm pretty sure the original stated intent was to periodically switch out the items with new ones.. sadly, its not ever been done.
I've never read that. Ever.
They probably meant about adding to the system [not taking away] which has been done, and what SA will do.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Lake Superior
crysta-elf.deviantart.com
I remember reading it rather solidly.. something that isn't typical for me. I'd be seriously suprised if I was wrong on this one. It was about total replacement of items, making the ones there before rarer by not being offered, to keep the system from feeling stale. Unfrotunately the promise was lost among the mountain of problems AoS had caused (and still IS causing). I believe it was direct from Hanse in a topic here on Stratics.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 26, 2008
www.strategycore.co.uk
Minors not intended to be valuable? You do realise that the Crimson Cincture is a minor, right?

It was originally obtained off all named ML monsters (same as all the other ML minors), and Elves Only to boot.

Eventually it got limited to dropping as a peerless-only item, and the race restriction got removed.

Then there's stuff like the Totem of the Void, Seahorse Statuette, and a handful of others...

Frankly I see nothing wrong with introducing more artifacts using old art. There are plenty of item types that don't appear in artifact form at all, and so... people never use that type of gear. For example, when did you last see someone running around in serious combat dressed as a ninja (and winning)? How about in dragon armor?

It was officially stated that there was an intention to switch the available virtue artifacts on occasion. Never heard of anything like that for any of the other types, though... For what that's worth.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 5, 2008
I just get tired of stuff being around for so long. As for why i want minor arties to be alittle rarer and worth more than 5k is so it give me a reason to try to sell them. I was at a spawn and got 2 of those coverting clubs or whatever they are called and they both ended up on the ground cause they aren't worth trying to sell, If I was poor I could sit at a spawn and not kill a single thing and grab 50k at the end and be way better off than trying to sell minor arties.

S

Stupid Miner

I'm pretty sure the original stated intent was to periodically switch out the items with new ones.. sadly, its not ever been done.
Yea, I remember they definitely said that.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 26, 2008
www.strategycore.co.uk
I was at a spawn and got 2 of those coverting clubs or whatever they are called and they both ended up on the ground cause they aren't worth trying to sell
Even if all non-minor artifacts were removed from the game for the period of a year, that club wouldn't be worth anything.

Even if another year went by in which all minors were removed from the game, it still wouldn't be worth anything.

But there are also so-called "major" artifacts that just aren't that good.

The presence of useless artifacts makes the useful artifacts harder to get, and hence more valuable.

By shrinking the available pool, it's easier to get specific items, and everything loses value.

Incedently, assuming SA follows the "trend", we'll be seeing a fresh bunch of weapons/armor out of that, and a fresh bunch of minors and majors based on those items.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008
Minor artis are next to worthless and with all the pvpers useing faction arties doom arti prices are falling faster than normal...
The falling prices of doom artifacts is not due to pvp or faction gear. The items are alot easier to obtain now since it has the tokuno style point system was added to doom. I've actually gotten a doom artifact from doom!

I see a point in having new crap from the same old spawn though, it keeps item hungry folks entertained which keeps non old farts playing the game longer.

The idea of making items no longer spawn like the tokuno items is fine if they are deco items. I am against items that can be used in pvp such as storm grips, general books, or dread mares (I know its a pet, but pretend its an item) no longer spawning as it brings unbalance to an already unbalanced environment.