• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Art Contest] The Knights of the Crux Ansata are in need of a Banner/Logo.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Knights of the Crux Ansata are in need of a Logo.

It could be of any artistic themes that you think is appropriate, example that come to mind are: an Ankh, a silver serpent, and/or an Egyptian phoenix.

Each Entry must consist of two pieces of artwork:

Art #1: Full, banner style logo "roughly" 1000px x 200px.

Art #2: Smaller, Icon style logo of "roughly" 400px x 400px.

The Fine print Note: By making an entry you give up all rights to the artwork. The artwork must be original and totally owned and composed by you. The Artwork will be used by the EM team and EM Bennu for a variety of uses in relation to the Knights of the Crux Ansata.

Contest will run till EM Bennu finds an entry he loves :)

You can post entries here, or email them to [email protected]

5% Luck

Are we going to be able to view some of the entries maybe the best 5 or 10? Even if they arnt winners so the contestants can be sure they are working in the right direction?

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
We are allowed to use photos from the internet correct? Or do we have to draw and construct the pieces from our own hands.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are allowed to use photos from the internet correct? Or do we have to draw and construct the pieces from our own hands.
As long has you have legal rights to the artwork, or at least permission to use/modify. I know a lot of people use the 'stock' section of several art websites where people post artwork and give permission to use it.

If you take copyrighted work and cut out portions of it, you cant really call it your own :p

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*working hard on her entry*

I was just curious... Are we allowed to make more than one submission?

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*working hard on her entry*

I was just curious... Are we allowed to make more than one submission?
Of course, enter as often and many times as you would like :)

Once we get several good entries Ill set an 'end time' and then make a decision.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Took a week but I figured it out- its in your email!

This was challenging- give me monsters to fight they are much easier

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think you have your work cut out for you in picking one. So far all the entries are great imo.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last day for submissions will be the night of August 31st at Midnight EST.

Submit either here in this thread or email me your submission and I will post it.

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I like them all as well but Faeryl's stood out to me.

I just wish it included a phoenix.

If Joanna combined her phoenix/serpent with Faeryl's ankh, that would be amazing.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like them all as well but Faeryl's stood out to me.

I just wish it included a phoenix.

If Joanna combined her phoenix/serpent with Faeryl's ankh, that would be amazing.
Well, I've been working on another submission when I have time, but with two birthdays and a funeral, I've been kind of busy lately...

Hopefully now I'll have some time to finish it :D

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Entries close at Midnight tonight... Get those last min entries in if there are any.

:thumbup1:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well, decisions decisions...... can't be easy.

:popcorn:

*waits with anticipation*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmmm interesting.

If you mean player voting that could be interesting. *chuckies*

Poll on EM Forum? I forsee stratics account numbers rising in the near future

In game ballot box? I forsee alot of trial accounts for UO

:lol:

No matter the case, to all the folks who submitted.... A job WELL done.

L

Lillu

I don't think anyone would make account just to vote for themselves. There arent that many people who submitted and I think all off us that did just want to see a nice logo picked in the end, which personally I think that they are all great, and any one of them would make a great winner.

I think if you do choose to ask for people to vote, it should be in game. It would be a nice way to include the community and all of the knights of the crux. We are making a logo for THEM after all. so I think they are the ones that should pick.

Either way its awesome that people came through with this with such lovely designs.

Good luck to all!

Sevil.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After meeting with several EMs and getting their opinions here are your official winners.

All entrants will receive Merit Points for their Crux Ansata Rank, and the two winners will receive double that amount.