• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Armor Refinement

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm trying to figure out this Armor Refinement deal, have done some searching on these forums and google but haven't seem to find the answer to my question(s).

So here is my question(s). Refinement is basically a trade off: Raise DCI cap and lower a specific resist cap or Raise a specific resist cap and lower DCI cap. So would this work?

I have a suit that only has 65 poison resist on it and 55 DCI. Now the cap for DCI is 45 so the extra 10 DCI on the suit is useless as well as the 70 poison resist cap since I only have 65 poison resist on the suit. So can I use Armor Refinement to lower my poison resist cap from 70 to 65 (since I only have 65 on the suit) and raise DCI cap to 50?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm trying to figure out this Armor Refinement deal, have done some searching on these forums and google but haven't seem to find the answer to my question(s).

So here is my question(s). Refinement is basically a trade off: Raise DCI cap and lower a specific resist cap or Raise a specific resist cap and lower DCI cap. So would this work?

I have a suit that only has 65 poison resist on it and 55 DCI. Now the cap for DCI is 45 so the extra 10 DCI on the suit is useless as well as the 70 poison resist cap since I only have 65 poison resist on the suit. So can I use Armor Refinement to lower my poison resist cap from 70 to 65 (since I only have 65 on the suit) and raise DCI cap to 50?

It sounds like what you have suggested will work as long as you have five pieces of nonmeddable armor in your suit to which you can apply the armor refinement. You should also be aware that there is currently no way to delete the refinement modifications from a piece of armor. The best you can do is apply the opposite type of modifications to a different piece of armor so that they offset each other.

To do what you want to do, you will need 5 Defense-level components with the "Deflecting" type of bonus, one for each piece of nonmeddable armor that you want to refine. The components will need to match the type of armor you're going to refine and then you will need to have your smith, tailor, or carpenter combine the component with thread, flask, or alloy to make the final braid, resin, or plating that will be applied. When you go to the NPC shop to apply the refinement, you'll be able to pick the Poison resist as the resist you want to modify.

You might want to copy the suit you're thinking to refine to Test Center and modify it there just to get a feel for the process and to make sure it's going to work out as you planned. There's some good information here if you get stuck on anything: http://uo2.stratics.com/items/armor-refinement .

Edited to add: I think that the lowest you can drop the resist cap for any one resist is 65%. However, I think you have more wiggle room for affecting your DCI cap. What I'm trying to say is that I believe that if you applied the modifications to SIX pieces of nonmeddable armor and each one affected the Poison resist cap, I think you should end up with a 65% poison resist cap but will add 6% to the DCI cap because you refined one resist cap on six pieces of armor. (The highest you can raise the DCI cap is 70.)

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Airhaun, I thought of something else to tell you too. Don't forget that you can now pay a Mage Guildmaster NPC 250,000 gold to remove the Mage Armor property from a piece of armor. That might help you come up with more nonmeddable pieces of armor in your suit.