• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Armor Pricing

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way back when, before the stratics boards went down and I had my old user name of FrankBama, I tried to figure out an armor price guide based on a bunch of different calculations. These calculations became quite complicated and though some people put together internet calculators with the formulas, it really never caught on.

But I was thinking now with imbuing and weights and all that, there is probably a nice simple way of getting a price range for a piece of armor (or for that matter rings, jewelry, wepaons, anything that can be imdued). So I thought I'd enlist the communities help and see if once again we can find the holy grail of armor pricing.

Just going to throw this out to kick-off the discussion.
One find out the total property weight number.
You can either do the calculation or if possible by opening up the imbuing menu on the item. You do not have to imbue the item but this is a quick way to find the number. Once we have that we plug it into chart

0-100 = weight x 1
101-200 = weight x 10
201 - 300 = weight x 100
301 - 400 = weight x 1000
401 - 500 = weight x 10000
501 + = weight x 100000

that would give us the base price of an item
(as I said this is just preliminary to give people the concept, numbers will change and so will the ranges)

Other modifiers
Durability modifier = durabilty/150 to be multiplied by price.
Imbued modifier = [1.0 - (Numer of properties x .1)]x price (since the item has a finite life since no PoF and with each property the item cannot be added to with imbuing)
Enhanced Material modifier = .5 x price (since the item cannot be bettered through imbuing)
Medable vs non-med (not including mage armor property) 10 x price (this would usually come into effect for just leather armor)

So